When Another Ball Is Close - Question

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://pad-v1.chalkysticks.com/eea0e.png

Ok folks. I had this shot earlier today. I wanted to stop/stun the CB on the 1B and hold it there for the 2B. Notice how close the 6B is to the CB. I hit it with stun and my cue hit the 6B. I set it up and shot it again and once again I hit the 6B with the cue.

Then I tried it with draw. Dont ask.

When I tried it with follow I did not hit the 6B with the cue.

So, Instructors or knowledgable posters, what does this tell you?

ATTENTION - PLEASE DONT MAKE ANY STUPID, INSULTING, DISPARAGING COMMENTS HERE. IF YOU WANT TO DO SO JUST STOP. DON'T. JUST DONT DO IT. PLEASE. JUST ONE TIME I'D LIKE TO HAVE A DECENT DISCUSSION. JUST STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD. JUST THIS ONE TIME. PLEASE.

r/DCP

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
it tells me your stroke is flawed
go back to the mother drills

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it tells me your stroke is flawed
go back to the mother drills

Have you ever had the Mother Drills explained to you? I have and I dont see how they would fix this in any way, shape, or form. Please correct me if I am in error here.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Have you ever had the Mother Drills explained to you? I have and I dont see how they would fix this in any way, shape, or form.
Because of your vast knowledge of pool instruction?

Please correct me if I am in error here.
Willful ignorance is much worse than "in error".

pj
chgo

P.S. You're obviously hitting the CB left of center and the tip is being deflected into the 6. That's a stroke problem that Mother Drills could probably help (somebody else) with.

Last edited:

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try some good rehearsal strokes to the right side of the six ball before actually pullin the trigger on the shot.

Plenty of room there to hit the cue ball clean with right hand english. You will hit the object ball full as if it were going directly into the short rail.

The spin should create the cut angle to pocket the ball.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have you ever had the Mother Drills explained to you? I have and I dont see how they would fix this in any way, shape, or form. Please correct me if I am in error here.

Because of your vast knowledge of pool instruction?

Willful ignorance is much worse than "in error".

pj
chgo

P.S. You're obviously hitting the CB left of center and the tip is being deflected into the 6. That's a stroke problem that Mother Drills could probably help (somebody else) with.

patrick thanks for answering that for me......:thumbup:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://pad-v1.chalkysticks.com/eea0e.png

Ok folks. I had this shot earlier today. I wanted to stop/stun the CB on the 1B and hold it there for the 2B. Notice how close the 6B is to the CB. I hit it with stun and my cue hit the 6B. I set it up and shot it again and once again I hit the 6B with the cue.

Then I tried it with draw. Dont ask.

When I tried it with follow I did not hit the 6B with the cue.

DISCLAIMER - PLEASE DONT MAKE ANY STUPID, INSULTING, DISPARAGING COMMENTS HERE. IF YOU WANT TO DO SO JUST STOP. DON'T. JUST DONT DO IT. PLEASE. JUST ONE TIME I'D LIKE TO HAVE A DECENT DISCUSSION. JUST STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD. JUST THIS ONE TIME. PLEASE.

r/DCP

So what happened when you hit it with backspin?

Do you even know what a disclaimer is?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what happened when you hit it with backspin?

Do you even know what a disclaimer is?

With draw my cue hit the 6B pretty good.

Disclaimer, whatever you want to call it, I am not an attorney. It was meant to get attention. This is an internet forum, not the Supreme Court.

r/DCP

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With draw my cue hit the 6B pretty good.

Disclaimer, whatever you want to call it, I am not an attorney. It was meant to get attention. This is an internet forum, not the Supreme Court.

r/DCP

If you're telling us not to do something, then can't we tell you not to use the wrong term to describe something? Look up the meaning of the word 'disclaimer.'

As for your question, it's impossible to diagnose without seeing but I have come across many instances of players who get anxious when they have to use any kind of force to hit the cue ball. That anxiousness causes a reaction in their grip and arm. Players can easily tighten up and twist just by anxiousness. That's why I've always told my clients, the tougher the shot, the more relaxed you have to be. Oh and by the way, if you want to stun the cb at that length then you should be using backspin to do it.

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a quick video on my iPhone. I am swerving the cue to my left after contact, that is what's causing me to hit 6B in the diagram.

How can I fix this swerve? Its been a problem for years. Didnt realize I was still doing it.

r/DCP

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a quick video on my iPhone. I am swerving the cue to my left after contact, that is what's causing me to hit 6B in the diagram.

How can I fix this swerve? Its been a problem for years. Didnt realize I was still doing it.

r/DCP

You continually ask questions here. I understand that you've even taken some lessons, and you still can't figure out the most fundamental of issues in your game? What does that tell you about yourself?

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You continually ask questions here. I understand that you've even taken some lessons, and you still can't figure out the most fundamental of issues in your game? What does that tell you about yourself?

sent you a greenie fran
great post and question

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It tells me that I am in the same boat, very similar to, oh, lets say a Tiger Woods. He was constantly working with his instructor. Not sure why I get slammed under similar circumstances.

r/DCP

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It tells me that I am in the same boat, very similar to, oh, lets say a Tiger Woods. He was constantly working with his instructor. Not sure why I get slammed under similar circumstances.

r/DCP
you are not working with an instructor on a regular basis
you are asking questions and resurrecting old threads on azb on a regular basis
(and then dont seem to take advice or keep asking until you get an answer you like)
jmho
i am not an instructor

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only woods you're like are the ones you're lost in.

Jeepers Fran,
I always admired and respected you and your comments. Not sure why you are pulling a Scott Lee and bashing me. I guess I dont understand. Tom Brady still works with a quarterback coach, Tiger Woods still works with his swing instructor, LeBron James still works with his coaches, etc, etc.

I guess I dont understand why its wrong when I ask a question about something that is once again an issue for me.

Its obvious why people are leaving AZB. And its sad too.

r/DCP

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
you are not working with an instructor on a regular basis
you are asking questions and resurrecting old threads on azb on a regular basis
(and then dont seem to take advice or keep asking until you get an answer you like)
jmho
i am not an instructor

Jeepers Fran,
I always admired and respected you and your comments. Not sure why you are pulling a Scott Lee and bashing me. I guess I dont understand. Tom Brady still works with a quarterback coach, Tiger Woods still works with his swing instructor, LeBron James still works with his coaches, etc, etc.

I guess I dont understand why its wrong when I ask a question about something that is once again an issue for me.

r/DCP
you need to find an instructor to work with and stick with
the people above work with someone for a long period of time
they dont keep asking old or new questions on blogs for answers from various responders with variable knowledge to answer

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeepers Fran,

r/DCP

Don't pull that 'poor me' stuff here. It doesn't work. Comparing yourself to Tiger Woods in any way at all is utterly ridiculous. It means you're totally lost in your impression of yourself --- hence my opinion of you being lost in the woods. You are. You have proven that about yourself over and over in your constant posts where you ask, "Why can't I make this shot?" --- and then going on to systematically ignore the great advice you've gotten here as to why. How do I know you're ignoring the advice? Easy. It's reflected in the multitudes of questions you ask that overlap each other. When you would ask a question, everyone here would respond with sincerity, including myself. But you systematically ignore the advice and just move on to the next question. Are you really looking for help? Do you even try to figure anything out on your own? Who do you think we are --- your personal valets who are supposed to help you button your shirt buttons? That's how you're acting here. Get a grip. Figure some stuff out for yourself and ask questions when you really need help. We'll be here for you when that time comes.

Last edited: