π—₯π—’π—•π—œπ—‘π—¦π—’π—‘ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—˜π—§π—˜π—¦ π—§π—˜π—”π—  𝗨𝗦𝗔

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
π—₯π—’π—•π—œπ—‘π—¦π—’π—‘ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—˜π—§π—˜π—¦ π—§π—˜π—”π—  𝗨𝗦𝗔

California's Chris Robinson is set to make his partypoker #MosconiCup debut this December after being Captain Jeremy Jones' fourth and final wildcard pick!

Attachments

• 120066769_10158587879375115_2674585969171094255_o.jpg
    120066769_10158587879375115_2674585969171094255_o.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,618

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I look forward to seeing him tested. It may or may not play out for this year but it will show us something we’ve been needing to see for the future’s sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I look forward to seeing him tested. It may or may not play out for this year but it will show us something we’ve been needing to see for the future’s sake.

I don't expect him to do well since he is so new but I hope I am wrong about it. Gotta cut him some slack I guess.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure if this is putting our best
against their best.
Getting the younger guys some time
under the lights and in the box is the
correct way forward, imo.
Love the cup and I can't wait.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
A 21 yr old was leading the US Open Golf Championships for 3 rounds this past weekend, ending up second.:thumbup:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB- 37
Thorpe- 24
Sky- 27
Iceberg- 33
Robinson- 22
Avg. Age for Team USA =28.6

Pretty young team. I wonder how it compares historically. Also wonder how Styer is taking it not making the team after the last two years.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not Tyler Styer.:confused:

That's shocking.

Chris Robinson must be playing REAL good

I think Styer might play better. But the difference between Styer and Robinson is moot compared to the difference between them and Filler or Shaw. At that scale, they’re a coin flip apart. And Styer looked super scared in previous outings. I’d just like to see if Chris gets scared too or if he shows the heart of a lion.

I thank Mark Wilson for putting Sky and Bergman under the lights. It didn’t pay off while he was captain but it pays out now. Similarly I think JJ is making the right long term choice. Putting in Deuel, Hatch or Oscar might be stronger for 2020 but it is just mortgaging our future for what would not be a guaranteed outcome anyway.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Weird pick to me and I suspect there had to be more than playing ability to come to the Robinson decision. Styer plays great, never a threat to go Earl, doesn't quit and has winning experience. Not sure why a change would be warranted.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey made announcement a few days ago that he was withdrawing his name from contention.

Do you guys think it might be possible that JJ was going to pick Corey and when they informed him he said he didn't want to travel. :shrug:

Attachments

• 119979452_10208317027080991_4170899331033969319_o.jpg
    119979452_10208317027080991_4170899331033969319_o.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not Tyler Styer.:confused:
That's shocking.
Chris Robinson must be playing REAL good

It's not at all shocking. Styer has dropped each of his last three singles matches at the Mosconi, and lost 5-1 and 5-1 in his two singles matches at last year's event. No doubt, a case could be made that Tyler should have been selected, but it was not what you'd call a no brainer.

Nice pick here by Captain Jeremy Jones and best of luck to Chris, a young man with a winning game and a winning attitude.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is Eklent Kaci the odds on favorite to be Europe’s final pick? Or maybe Feijen?

Kaci stomped Styer twice and Billy once. Otherwise I don’t think he’s had much of a showing at the MC in two years. I think the shot clock takes him out of his rhythm. He hasn’t yet performed at the level you’d expect from him. I’d be more excited about seeing David Alcaide but there’s good reason to keep putting Kaci out there because he will certainly be part of the future of Team Europe for a long time coming.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Intangibles

Also, I think JJ looks at a young players character, background and the traits that it takes to become a team player.

It's not always about ones win loss percentage or how well they pocket balls.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a joke. Tyler crushed this guy in a multi day set recently.

What's funnier is in the Pool Podcast episode last week with Emily Frazier she made a point about how they are trying to do away with favoritism for these teams and concentrate on players that have had top performances. I guess that went out the window.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What a joke. Tyler crushed this guy in a multi day set recently.

What's funnier is in the Pool Podcast episode last week with Emily Frazier she made a point about how they are trying to do away with favoritism for these teams and concentrate on players that have had top performances. I guess that went out the window.

I think the point was partially to acknowledge that was already out the window in 2020 by not having points events being held and selection from 4 wildcard picks per team. It was clear to me her comments were directed at what she’d like to build for USA and reinforce for EUR for the future.

Last edited: