The Hustler

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you peel its layers, the movie is NOT really about pool; it's about love, loyalty,
learning about who one really is and what one is willing to do in certain circumstances.

Understandably, many call The Hustler a "pool movie."
Sure, it has that element, but the pool playing is merely the vehicle for the plot itself.

Many will disagree with my assessment, but that's okay. It's just an opinion. Be well.

I've always maintained The Hustler is not a pool movie. Just had this conversation with two buddies Saturday night.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want Fast Eddie's cue. It might be the most valuable cue ever made. I think it's a Rambo? I watched the movie last night (50th) time and I might know the lines better than anyone. Best scene is when Fast Eddie asks Bert to move and Bert moves his chair one inch. Classic touch. My question to anyone who knows is: Did they really employ those ladies at Ames to clean and brush the tables?

It is a RamboW - so is Gleason's.

Rambo is Sylvester Stalone with a 'do rag'

Dale

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you that have never seen The Hustler, man are you guys in for a treat. One of the best movies EVER made. It's a long movie, but you'll enjoy every second of it. Save it for a lazy, snowy weekend when you could really kick back, relax, and soak it in.

I think I'm about due to watch it again myself.

Sir Scratchalot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I automatically become disinterested in any movie a decade old or older and the older it gets the worse it is. I once tried to watch The Hustler and was unsuccessful, but that was a long time ago. Maybe, just maybe, I can now give it a proper watching.