Pics of cracked revo

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I could finaly stomach getting this out of the case and taking pics since I got my new one in the mail yesterday. I’m not going to contact predator about it because I believe it’s my fault for taking the pad off the tip. I could have someone put a new tip and pad on but I’m not that kind of person.

On another note I wanted to get a 12.4 this time but they are like gold. Seriously .. if anyone put one up for less then $600 they were gone in minutes and if they were on eBay they seemed to go up to $700 or $800. Also I got the new one from omega billiards and it was quick shipping and they were very nice on the phone . I would do business with them again for sure.

Sorry if this posts twice . I tried to post this and it never showed up on the feed.

Attachments

• 147B496D-8590-4D69-A128-0F0105C99C2F.jpeg
    147B496D-8590-4D69-A128-0F0105C99C2F.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,946

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I could finaly stomach getting this out of the case and taking pics since I got my new one in the mail yesterday. I’m not going to contact predator about it because I believe it’s my fault for taking the pad off the tip. I could have someone put a new tip and pad on but I’m not that kind of person.

On another note I wanted to get a 12.4 this time but they are like gold. Seriously .. if anyone put one up for less then $600 they were gone in minutes and if they were on eBay they seemed to go up to $700 or $800. Also I got the new one from omega billiards and it was quick shipping and they were very nice on the phone . I would do business with them again for sure.

Sorry if this posts twice . I tried to post this and it never showed up on the feed.
How did it break in the first place?

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You posted twice in the 14.1 forum. Also those Revo’s have a weak spot where their aluminum inset piece is. The speed break both people this year said they had 4 failures on the BKRush shaft all at the same spot.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
This doesn't look pad tip related to me. I wish you the best of luck with your new revo all the same. Matt D.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This doesn't look pad tip related to me. I wish you the best of luck with your new revo all the same. Matt D.
Kinda what i was thinking. How could not using the pad cause carbon-fiber to fail so dramatically? I've seen F1 cars hit walls doing 180mph and not look that bad. Looks to me like there almost had to be a flaw in the matrix or cue was hit hard(and i mean HARD) on something. If these things are that flimsy Predator/Cuetec/Mezz better gear-up for a lot of customer service calls.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You posted twice in the 14.1 forum. Also those Revo’s have a weak spot where their aluminum inset piece is. The speed break both people this year said they had 4 failures on the BKRush shaft all at the same spot.

How did that happen lol I never go to that forum! Ever

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kinda what i was thinking. How could not using the pad cause carbon-fiber to fail so dramatically? I've seen F1 cars hit walls doing 180mph and not look that bad. Looks to me like there almost had to be a flaw in the matrix or cue was hit hard(and i mean HARD) on something. If these things are that flimsy Predator/Cuetec/Mezz better gear-up for a lot of customer service calls.
I had the cue jacked up close to the rail and came down hard with a stun shot and heard something crack. Hard to explain but I honestly didn’t hit it on anything.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the cue jacked up close to the rail and came down hard with a stun shot and heard something crack. Hard to explain but I honestly didn’t hit it on anything.
I would send it to Predator just to get a definite take on what failed.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would send it to Predator just to get a definite take on what failed.
All you did was leave off that tip silencer and glued tip directly to vault plate? And it broke while playing?? Still find that hard to believe unless a flaw existed.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did you take the pad off?

There was a guy yesterday selling R12.4 and R12.9's … new for $500

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All you did was leave off that tip silencer and glued tip directly to vault plate? And it broke while playing?? Still find that hard to believe unless a flaw existed.

I agree. But I know what predator is going to say. I voided the warranty.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Those strange marks above the crack happened then as well?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This got me curious as hell. Sent a FB msg to Predator with a link to this post. Should hear their take fairly quickly. I'm sure OP is correct that they'll say that warranty was voided by improper usage but we'll see what,if anything, else they may add.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell for sure if the owners who had such and any negative experience with their cf. failing and being broken do not apply to the manufacturer so they know about such problems with their products which are fairly new on the market...how do you expect these products to be improved? I don't believe playing with the tip glued directly on the vault plate was the major reason for this happening. Cf. shaft of such a value should be very durable but not flimsy making you to be too careful...imo

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
There seems to be a nick a couple inches up from the break and off to the right a discoloration/blemish; what caused them?
The pad's going to stop damage directly below it, not inches below it. How far down the shaft from the tip is the break?
Did you use any abrasives on the shaft? I ask that because of the lighter color of the shaft, which could be a picture exposure issue.
Did you buy the shaft new or used from somebody? These questions are informational only, not meant to imply anything.
I've had the opportunity to try out a few of the 12.9 shafts and liked the way they played. The color was always consistent and the finish/smoothness was excellent.

Last edited: