How I Met Eric, a lesson learned

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Eric Who?

Lol...love ya buddy

I'd like to meet this Eric fella. I think he might like to meet me too ... considering I owe him 2 beer and. $20

Thanks for the nice stories.

Dave <--- will save his Eric story for another day

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. Eric and Susie are good people.

Chris is also. He has helped me on cue deals and travel advice.

This whole online thing brings us closer together by being able to communicate immediately. But the downside, as noted above by another Eric :)p), is you lose the human interaction. Double-edged sword.

Good thread.

Scott

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where's John Barton when we need him? Hahaa

Just kidding. Chris is a stand up and all around good guy.

If he vouches for Eric, then all is good with the universe!!!

:thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel very fortunate to have met many, many AzB regulars. I've known Eric for years, back in the CCB days, and we've played together in the CCB tournament a bunch of times. I think he and Susie have been there every year, along with Icon of Sin. I've been only a few times...but they've always been fun. Eric and I had dinner when I was at Eddie's place (Sandcastle) doing a pool school, so it was in his stomping grounds...as well as in Vegas! I'm forever in his debt for popping FL in the nose (something many would love to do...LOL)...he SOOOO deserved it! I feel blessed that I actually got to see it! You know that Jim Croce song? "You don't mess around with Slim"...that was actually about Eric (in his earlier days, of course)! LOL Eric & Susie...good people. Tate...good people. Icon of Sin and his dad...good people. Rich (RIP) and Kathy Rhoades...good people. Brian Keller and The Mayor...good people! RJ and Amy...good people. Way to many to name, but they are all friends of mine, and there are so many more I have met on the forums and in person over the years. Geez...this is like a trip down memory lane! LOL :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I remember the first time we met too(offline), at Hollywood Billiards. One memory come to mind, which you can help me with. You were playign your match duringThe Swanee tourney and I decided to take a picture. The camera I was using had one of those auto focus assist lights that are kinda like a mild laser. I didnt realize it was on and I focused in on your head, while you were down on the shot. I think you missed. Did I get you with that dummass move? I've been living with the guilt for years...

Eric

Thanks Eric - I remember the shot. I missed because I was on a run out and started thinking about the previous inning where my opponent, Kent Davis, had just broke and run 3 racks on me. I think I just talked myself into missing (side pocket cut shot).A few matches before that I lost hill/hill to Wayne, so I think I was just ready to have those margaritas! Glad you and Susie got married, good move.

I hope you can give me some mellow out advice, I seem to get grumpier as I age.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This doesn't surprise me at all. That's the problem with the Internet. I've always said a conversation on here that in the real world would be a civil disagreement on the Internet turns to crap because you type things that you would never say to someone's face. By rule I try to think after I type something would I say this to this persons face like this... If the anwser is no I erase it.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Another Story To Tell About Eric

This happened a long time ago but it was one of those things you never forget.

Story goes like this, a guy named Ross posted on one of the forums that his cues did not show up in baggage claim after several long flights. A few days later, Ross received a call from the airlines advising his cues had been located and were being held at an airport in New Jersey quite a distance from Ross's hometown. After reading of Ross' delima and bad luck, Eric immediately, on his own free will, volunteered to go the airport, pick up the cues and had them delivered to the original owner without accepting anything but a "thank you" form the elated owner, That told me a lot about Eric and we have been good friends ever since.

Last edited:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Story goes like this, a guy named Ross posted on one of the forums that his cues did not show up in baggage claim after several long flights. A few days later, Ross received a call from the airlines advising his cues had been located and were being held at an airport in New Jersey quite a distance from Ross's hometown. After reading of Ross' delima and bad luck, Eric immediately, on his own free will, volunteered to go the airport, pick up the cues and had them delivered to the original owner without accepting anything but a "thank you" form the elated owner, That told me a lot about Eric and we have been good friends ever since.

Good story, Jack, and very true.

Eric and Susie are about as good as they come.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Geez, this is starting to sound like a memorial service... I'm still alive (for now, anyway).

Thanks for the kind words; Lou, Heath, mia, Eric2, Cory, Koop, Dave, ScottR, Poolhustler, Scott Lee and Jack. I now know that I might draw at least 10-11 guys to my funeral, lol.

Eric

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Eric for at least 10 years and while he has mellowed, he's still a dick. (One dick to another, buddy.)

Now that I got that out of the way, he's one of the most decent people I know with a truly good heart. And he's a successful businessman. And has a gorgeous and wonderful wife. And a solid pool game.

No wonder I think he's a dick......

Love ya, pal!

Brian in VA

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I've known Eric for at least 10 years and while he has mellowed, he's still a dick. (One dick to another, buddy.)

Now that I got that out of the way, he's one of the most decent people I know with a truly good heart. And he's a successful businessman. And has a gorgeous and wonderful wife. And a solid pool game.

No wonder I think he's a dick......

Love ya, pal!

Brian in VA

Thanks, Bri. Now it looks like I can expect 13 at my funeral.

Eric

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
CCB (Sept 2002) Eric in the flesh... having a great time.

Attachments

• Eric The MAN.jpg
    Eric The MAN.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
It was the forum provided by Billiards Digest called Cue Chalk Board (CCB) in the mid 90s that I got to meet a lot of wonderful forum members, Eric is (IMO) considered one of the better forum members.

Great sense of humor and is passionate about what he does. I enjoyed our meetings along with other CCB members, at the US OPEN 9 ball tournaments, tournament watching, dinners and of course the CCB tournament with tables provided by Q-Masters.

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
CCB Nov 2003 Eric in the flesh... having a great time.

You da man, Tom, long time no hear...

BTW, it was *Sept 2002*, the 28th (at 11:10 am, to be exact, lol). That was our first get together at the US Open. You had your webcam set up on your laptop, as you were entering everyone's entry into our mini tournament.

Don't ask me how I remembered all of that...

Eric

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Was this 1proscoe?? He's another one who's a kick to meet. By the way, you guys are ruining my image of Eric, darn it.

Eric also did some live web video commentary if I recall. Was it the Shane/Donny match?

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
You are correct Eric, as usual. it was Sept 2002. I still have all the pics in my archives.

Was that really 12+ years ago?