Opinions on Tascarellas

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update: Bought a used Tascarella.

It is the best cue I have ever owned. It is simply magical it hit and balance. Super solid but not too stiff. it provides great feedback and is so consistent.

Workmanship is ridiculously good. Wrap is perfect.

Had it for about 3 months now and still feel I am in the honeymoon phase. Wouldnt sell it for double what I paid.

Ordering a new one from Pete and Pete Jr. now

Attachments

• Full1_tasc.JPG
    Full1_tasc.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 425

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Opinions on Tascarella cues
no one down in my part of the country plays one
I only recently bought a few
i tried them and liked the way they hit very much

unfortunately every time i get one someone buys it

i regret selling my last one

i think they play like a balabushka

even though i don't have one and i love my schon ivory joint
i did buy an extra balabushka shaft

when i got it i hit a few balls and i liked it very much

i find i would rather play tascarella than most anything i have seen

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Opinions on Tascarella cues
no one down in my part of the country plays one
I only recently bought a few
i tried them and liked the way they hit very much

unfortunately every time i get one someone buys it

i regret selling my last one

i think they play like a balabushka

even though i don't have one and i love my schon ivory joint
i did buy an extra balabushka shaft

when i got it i hit a few balls and i liked it very much

i find i would rather play tascarella than most anything i have seen

What was the last one you sold that you regret like ?

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just an update: Bought a used tascarella.

It is the best cue i have ever owned. It is simply magical it hit and balance. Super solid but not too stiff. It provides great feedback and is so consistent.

Had it for about 3 months now and still feel i am in the honeymoon phase. Wouldnt sell it for double what i paid.

Ordering a new one from pete and pete jr. Now

Sorry wrong post

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned several custom cues that cost way more than any tascarella cue but very few "true custom" cues that played as well, no matter the cost.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tascarella is top drawer all the way imo. Great guy to do business with and makes one of the best hitting cues I've ever owned. Yes, the hit and feel of his cues reminds me of the Bushka's I owned and played with.

Strictly for playability I have never found a TAD I didn't like. I prefer the older Gina's and JW cues as well. Some of the other guys mentioned here I haven't had the pleasure to own one of their cues, so I can't comment one way or the other. I do have a titlist blank cue (maker unknown) with two Dennis Searing shafts and they make it a great playing cue.

Other cues I own that deserve mention are a Ted Harris (Warren Kiamco is currently playing with it) and a Ned Morris cue he made for me a long time ago. Evaluating cues for playability is a funny game because there is so much variance from one to another. You might pick up a Meucci, McDermott, Viking, a Heubler or ? that feels real good in your hands. That being the case, then it's the right cue for you. There are some "name" brand cues that just never felt good to me, so I don't own any of them.

Last edited:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella is top drawer all the way imo. Great guy to do business with and makes one of the best hitting cues I've ever owned. Yes, the hit and feel of his cues reminds me of the Bushka's I owned and played with.

Strictly for playability I have never found a TAD I didn't like. I prefer the older Gina's and JW cues as well. Some of the other guys mentioned here I haven't had the pleasure to own one of their cues, so I can't comment one way or the other. I do have a titlist blank cue (maker unknown) with two Dennis Searing shafts and they make it a great playing cue.

Other cues I own that deserve mention are a Ted Harris (Warren Kiamco is currently playing with it) and a Ned Morris cue he made for me a long time ago. Evaluating cues for playability is a funny game because there is so much variance from one to another. You might pick up a Meucci, McDermott, Viking, a Heubler or ? that feels real good in your hands. That being the case, then it's the right cue for you. There are some "name" brand cues that just never felt good to me, so I don't own any of them.

The TAD line is so true.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear the OP got what he wanted and it happy with the outcome.

I agree with the TAD reference. Have you considered posting pictures and details of the titlist to see if it can be identified?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just an update: Bought a used Tascarella.

It is the best cue I have ever owned. It is simply magical it hit and balance. Super solid but not too stiff. it provides great feedback and is so consistent.

Had it for about 3 months now and still feel I am in the honeymoon phase. Wouldnt sell it for double what I paid.

Ordering a new one from Pete and Pete Jr. now
Nice job, Johnny.

Freddie <~~~ Tasc

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
johnny enjoy your cue
nice design
and yes they play great :thumbup:

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mottey not on the list? I have owned cues by many top makers but my Mottey is my favorite.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no South West in any of your top 5 list?

Before I bought the Tascarella, I played with a bunch of them and like 4 SW cues.

What I discovered is that SW is like the polar opposite of a Tascarella in almost every way:

Tasc -Soft SW- Very hard
Tasc -Medium stiff SW- super stiff
Tasc -crisp sound SW -more of a thud (not right word)
Tasc -traditional styling SW -Southwest look

They are just very very different. I think if Tasc is top 5, SW is less likely to be in your Top 5 because they are so different.

I personally hate SW cues.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lambros....all day.

Mike makes a great cue, and from a design standpoint somewhat similar to Tascarellas. my experience with Lambros is that they are super solid but lack the finesse of a Tascarella. As of today my Top 5 would be:

Tascarella
Judd Fuller (5/16x18)
Olney
Lambros
Dominiak

Other than Tascarella that could change tomorrow though. I have an Alan Phelps, Ryan Meyers, and a very experimental Treadway coming. I doubt any will replace the Tasc though. I love it so much.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You fellas picking the best cue/makers have left out one of the best, prolly cause the spellin' is so hard I'll help y'all out, pay close attention ~ RICK HOWARD

Last edited:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no South West in any of your top 5 list?

Nope.. I had a Southwest.. I'm so used to steel joint cues, just could
not get used to the SW hit, so recently sold it to fund some other cue(s).
Not saying SW's aren't great cues.. just not my thing.