Vanity: 3/8x10 Pins

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have seen various 3/8x10 pins in polished silver, brass, anodized aluminum in different colors and a synthetic material, unknown what type. My favorite cue has a 3/8x10 pin that is just a plain bolt that had been turned down and it works but is unattractive.
Would you mind posting some photos of various 3/8x10 pins and possibly recommend someone who could replace my pin? My friend Scott Sherbine doesn't have any 3/8x10 pins.
Thanks.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen various 3/8x10 pins in polished silver, brass, anodized aluminum in different colors and a synthetic material, unknown what type. My favorite cue has a 3/8x10 pin that is just a plain bolt that had been turned down and it works but is unattractive.
Would you mind posting some photos of various 3/8x10 pins and possibly recommend someone who could replace my pin? My friend Scott Sherbine doesn't have any 3/8x10 pins.
Thanks.

Care to share a picture of this “bolt”? 3/8x10 is only for cues, not a mass produced thread for just ‘bolts’.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Thanks.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=490561&highlight=anodized

I almost can't believe Scott does not have 3/8 10 screws. The modified 3/8 10 is probably the most common used screw now.

Replacing joint screws is always a perilous adventure.
It's tough to indicate used cues for concentricity.
Some that have funny tapers are the worst to work with.
One can only wish all cues have a straight angle from the joint to 2 inches down ( at least ).
But some have curves and are not really round due to manual sanding .
On top of that, you might have blowtorch steel screws. And that is twirling a loaded pistol.
Unless you have an induction heater.

Last edited: