Advice on a New Tip?

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Milk Duds

About 3 years ago I switched to the Milk Duds that AZ's PoolDawg8 sells. Very good price, last a long time for me and hold their shape.

I also don't have the glazing issue I had with the Kamui Black tips that cost so much more.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 3 years ago I switched to the Milk Duds that AZ's PoolDawg8 sells. Very good price, last a long time for me and hold their shape.

I also don't have the glazing issue I had with the Kamui Black tips that cost so much more.

+1 on switching from moori med to dawg duds. I think the duds are a little harder overall, but I don't care, they play fantastic.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SIB tips i believe are made specifically to feel like old moori. can't testify for that but the same producer makes the excellent Ultraskin tips, which i definitely recommend

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Ok, I'm back to playing after a two year layoff and four eye surgeries. I can see better now than I ever have in my life. I played seven hours of pool today!

I'm looking for advice on a new tip. I've been using a Moori medium, so I may be looking for something similar, but I don't know what's good these days since I've been away from the game for two years. I'm open to suggestions.

Any advice/comments on specific tips is welcomed!

Except for Measureman, who got it right, I'll give you the different answer from everyone. Unless you can get the old Champions, get the 15mm Triangle. I recommend a fiber base below it, but that's up to preference.

It's a nice thick piece of leather, and if you finish it off after every play with a slightly wet thumb and burnish it with a paper towel, it'll stay a great tip longer than those layered tips. And, you don't have to keep scuffing it. It takes chalk without all that. And, it costs about one dollar. Any questions?

All the best,
WW

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok, I'm back to playing after a two year layoff and four eye surgeries. I can see better now than I ever have in my life. I played seven hours of pool today!

I'm looking for advice on a new tip. I've been using a Moori medium, so I may be looking for something similar, but I don't know what's good these days since I've been away from the game for two years. I'm open to suggestions.

Any advice/comments on specific tips is welcomed!

A good, pressed Triangle or LePro. Or a Techno Dud from Outsville.

Freddie <~~~ Single mission

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
~ 3 tips only, erase the rest from yo noggin'!
Chandivert Champions, if you can find any. I have 3 stashed.
Milkduds, from Pooldawg8 Az member, somebody was callin' 'em "dawgduds
Jeff is great guy, tips are from another planet. I got 5 fer $19.50 shipped.
Triangle,15mm, (grayish color on top, not brown).

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
All my playing shafts have almost pristine tips on them right now, RJ....
...soon as I need a new one, I’m going to get a Tzar.

May I suggest names for different qualities?
I would like a tip medium hard.....called Peter the Great
A soft one could be called Catherine II
Please save some tips for my opponents....called Ivan the Terrible
:)

LOL. Classic PT. thanks for the laugh. I just might "borrow" the Ivan the Terrible for a break tip name :)

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a few days, you will have a complete list of all tips that are currently available. That will put you back where you started not having any idea which tip will play like your previous tip. These "what's the best tip" threads are always the same.

That's really funny! ...and probably true!

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a good Triangle and save your money and the hype.

I've tried a bunch of layered tips from $5.00 to $20.00 plus install.

I cant tell the difference between them.
I agree with getting a Triangle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Go to a really soft one, just for funsies! The more experience you have to more softer you want to play!

Ultraskin and Kamikaze come to mind.