Who are your top three favorite pro players?

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB- Hometown hero and an all around great guy from the times I've talked to him
Woodward- Takes time to message C- players like myself and it an outright great guy
Thorpe- Easy going and a blast to watch

If we go back to yesteryear I loved watching Keith McCready, he was a one man show.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Men now SVB, Alex,Tyler S. Men in the past Nick V.,Buddy H., Jose P. Women Jean B. Allison F.,Simone Chen.Barbox Dave M. Keith M. James W.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it comes to all billiard games in modern times I have one favorite player who is a real genious cueist who makes the game so fun. The living legend like Roger Federer in tennis who is also able to make a really nice living playing the game of his life. The one and only in the club of more than 1000 centuries...
In pool I'm missing the times Efren was in his prime.
In piramid 18 years old genious Joseph Abramov is one of the straightest shooters I have ever seen who makes this really tough game look so easy.

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren Reyes
Earl Strickland
Tony Chohan

Allison Fisher
Siming Chen
Marharyta Fefilava

Ronnie O'Sullivan
Jimmy White
Mark Williams

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I've got to say that I'm impressed by how many have given Buddy Hall a shout out in this thread. I actually toyed with putting him on my list, and the reason I didn't is truly testament to his greatness.

The three best nine ball pattern players I've ever watched in my life were Buddy Hall, Ralf Souquet and Wu Jiaqing, but with no disrespect to the other two, Buddy was clearly the best pattern player of them all, and by quite a bit.

Watching Buddy Hall run the table was a thing of technical beauty. His angles were ridiculously precise and he, seemingly, never got on the wrong side of the ball. He never had to come with kind of brilliant shots we'd see from a Strickland or Sigel, because he seemingly always avoided having to shoot them. That's why, on another level, watching Buddy was a little boring, because he made it look so easy and rarely did anything spectacular.

Buddy impressed the hell out of me but I was never a serious fan of his. In retrospect, I can't imagine why not.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Admire Buddy

I've got to say that I'm impressed by how many have given Buddy Hall a shot out in this thread. I actually toyed with putting him on my list, and the reason I didn't is truly testament to his greatness.

The three best nine ball pattern players I've ever watched in my life were Buddy Hall, Ralf Souquet and Wu Jiaqing, but with no disrespect to the other two, Buddy was clearly the best pattern player of them all, and by quite a bit.

Watching Buddy Hall run the table was a thing of technical beauty. His angles were ridiculously precise and he, seemingly, never got on the wrong side of the ball. He never had to come with kind of brilliant shots we'd see from a Strickland or Sigel, because he seemingly always avoided having to shoot them. That's why, on another level, watching Buddy was a little boring, because he made it look so easy and rarely did anything spectacular.

Buddy impressed the hell out of me but I was never a serious fan his. In retrospect, I can't imagine why not.

Buddy made pool look easy most of the time, almost all the time. Willie Mosconi was the same way, watching Willie every nonplayer would have thought they could buy a table and be running off hundreds of balls in a few weeks. Buddy would have been a great manufacturer's rep in his prime. I seem to remember his face on something but I have slept a bunch of times since then! Was he ever a table rep?

Never played Buddy but I remember when he was kinda lanky other than a beer belly. Used to see him at Greenway. When he spoke the best there listened. Before my internet days or widespread use of it so I didn't really know who he was. I knew he was "somebody" because of the respect he got.

Hu

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 90's if I was watching Tri-State Tour it was these Three in this Order:
Ginky
Tony Robles
Neptune Joe Frady
If I went to Pro Tour Events--US Open, Sand Reno, etc it was this order:
Sigel -- he was just the Best to watch period in 9Ball or 14.1
Buddy Hall
Varner

Now adays watching on LIve Stream would be these three:
SVB
JL Chang
Either Ko Bros
Melling would be a close 4th

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have watched a lot of pool. Streams and mainstream videos give me all I want of the world’s favorites. My favorite players to google for matches I have rarely or never seen are:

Fireball
Smooth Criminal
Hatchet Man

I enjoy watching those three play but have limited opportunities to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Ko pin yi - Awesome all around player calm and collected, great stroke when needed
Mika Immonen - Calm, insane fundamentals, great position play
SVB - All around respectful, call and collected, and just a great player.

Could list more but you said 3 :p