World famous draw stick ready for close investigation

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about this last night and had an interesting thought about this cue.

If Deanoc can get documentation from all the players who have hit with this cue, that would be its value. Think about it. A cue that has been touched, used and complimented by so many name players would be a rare thing. It does not matter how the cue hits today. It is it's history...

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classic lol

Was the cue shipped? Just wondering if it will be a day before you receive it or more like a year in cuemaker time.

Hope Dean did not ask Larry to repair the 'crack' he said it had. Could ruin the action:wink:

Cheers,

-Kat,

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This cue did draw the ball more than any cue I have ever seen. When Dean
brought it to the pool room, he said draw the ball with this cue it is unreal.
It was, Bob Vanover hit a few balls and was amazed. Dick Lane the great
straight pool player, who could never draw his ball two feet got the same result.
I took it back to a 9 foot Gold Crown and played with it for a little while. It spun
the ball so much it was hard for me to play with. It had a VERY whippy shaft,
about 12 1/2 as I remember. Like Dean said I called Josey and had him make
me one, but it was just a regular sneaky. It does not just draw better than any
other cue, it is much more than that. I know it sounds crazy but it is true, but
I also realize that some on here would not believe it no matter what, so Dean
would be wasting his time trying to convince them.
jack

I believe you guys, I actually bought an Omega cue off a broke pool player walking out of CJs in the mid 1990's on our way back to Oklahoma City and that cue seemed to be supercharged. It produced so much action my mediocre stroke couldn't control it. I ended up selling it a few weeks later but like many through the years wished I had kept it.

Great story, I can't wait to see what you guys find out.

Thanks for sharing Jack and Dean.

-don

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue will still belong to the glenn collection
We are not going to do anything to change it

our one purpose is to understand it

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Here’s a sneaky pete that draws really well...
...handles all English

CA345FDA-3537-4FEF-B4DB-5961174A4E71.jpeg

Erases pretty darn good also

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue will still belong to the glenn collection
We are not going to do anything to change it

our one purpose is to understand it

Was it shipped? We are all eager to see a video of the draw. No, I'm not making fun, but you've been talking about this cue on here for 10 years. Please have someone make a video of the draw, before spending days/weeks analyzing it. Thank you:)

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you talking about. A Kimber 1911 is a excellent pistol. You disagree?

I mean, it's all downhill because they start rusting pretty quick...

I have one. I would never buy another. The giant amount of shit I had to replace with EGW parts to get it to run properly is why... or bottom basement tier service. You pick.

They use shit steel for the extractor, can't hold tension. They put a damn S80 FPS for absolutely no reason whatsoever... leaving a gap that gets caught on the swartz safety plunger (which is its own problem)... barrel bump from poor fitting, bushing not fitted at all just pulled out of parts drawer and slapped on there... man I could go on all day.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have one. I would never buy another. The giant amount of shit I had to replace with EGW parts to get it to run properly is why... or bottom basement tier service. You pick.

They use shit steel for the extractor, can't hold tension. They put a damn S80 FPS for absolutely no reason whatsoever... leaving a gap that gets caught on the swartz safety plunger (which is its own problem)... barrel bump from poor fitting, bushing not fitted at all just pulled out of parts drawer and slapped on there... man I could go on all day.

Interesting, thanks for the reply.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was it shipped? We are all eager to see a video of the draw. No, I'm not making fun, but you've been talking about this cue on here for 10 years. Please have someone make a video of the draw, before spending days/weeks analyzing it. Thank you:)

There has already been an out offered; "If it still works". :sorry:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what are you guys ,

I don't know what is is about Az

you guys seem to act like i am pulling a fast one

I had an amazing cue,it drew balls much much better than
any other cue,
I donated it to Dennis Glenn for the pool hall of fame if he can do it

Pictures of his collection are here on AZ

Jerry Franklin,Jack potter, Bob Vanover,Dick lane and i all reported
about the amazing nature of the cue.

I am borrowing it to have the great cue maker Larry Vigus fully examine it ,
to see why it acts so good

No one asked you guys for a single penny,yet I keep getting snide remarks.
Others tell us it is impossible. We saw it, Age may have ruined it, i hope it still works, I will put pictures,moving pictures for you to see if it works

Why would I lie about it? sure I love jerking your chain on occasion,but for crying out loud.

Dennis is sick ,he hope to send the cue next week,it will take about a minutes to screw it together and see if it still performs. if it does what you experts say is impossible,you can double your net worth by betting

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
what are you guys ,

any other cue,

Others tell us it is impossible. We saw it, Age may have ruined it, i hope it still works, I will put pictures,moving pictures for you to see if it works

Why would I lie about it? sure I love jerking your chain on occasion,but for crying out loud.

Dennis is sick ,he hope to send the cue next week,it will take about a minutes to screw it together and see if it still performs. if it does what you experts say is impossible,you can double your net worth by betting

That's how they roll around here at times.....it's like going to a party....you can't like em all, you can only try.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
My 2 cents

I think the magical draw may be stroke related and if you Dean can be videoed making the cueball do strange things then I'm a believer.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tommy
you hit the nail on the head
i have never had a stroke
i can barely make long shots stop,not draw

but when i hit short easy half ball shots with draw,the cue ball curved back toward me

Jerry Franklin ,grinned and grabbed my cue and played it the rest of the set
with a look of wonderment

While I played his Tulipwood South west cue

the jerry franklin of south west fame

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
what are you guys ,

any other cue,

You are a pretty popular guy on here, Dean.
...but you have to understand something about AZ....threads end up in the discards if
they are not posted on...so you’ll have to put up with some humor and some asides...
....’cause posting “BUMP” is so boring.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for advice

i am not thin skinned,just amazed at the wise cracks

i know this draw stick sounds a bit far fetched

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
thanks for advice

i am not thin skinned,just amazed at the wise cracks

i know this draw stick sounds a bit far fetched

I don’t think it’s far fetched at all....
...I’ve had one snooker cue and one pool cue that I could draw about 40% farther with...
...I can’t explain it other than wood is a living thing....
...and it helps if a great cue maker made it.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I favor a plain Colt over Kimber

A friend fell in love with my 1991A1 Commander while I was on a trip. Granted it was slightly modified, being a carry piece only for reliability and comfort. No huge paddles sticking out or foolishness on a carry gun. No questionable mod's. Handloads or factory this gun has literally never jammed after many thousands of rounds.

I looked at a dozen or so Kimbers at the time, was just going to buy one for a gift. Every one was poorly fitted. I could see it externally, I could feel it working the slide. Buying the bottom of the line 1991A1 and doing a few mod's was a better option. The bottom of the line Colt was fitted better from the factory than the Kimbers I handled at the time. That was a year or so after they went big and I thought it might just be growing pains but sounds like not.

Hu

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Dean,

Dean I believe you, if you say it has supernatural draw, I believe you. But, you need to believe this. I could use that cue and my draw stoke would turn it into a mediocre shaft.
I have that effect on pool cues. Damn n damn n damnit!

I hope I get to see a video of that shaft doing some super draw. I like a good draw stroke and at 69 I am still working on my long range draw shots.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I don’t think it’s far fetched at all....
...I’ve had one snooker cue and one pool cue that I could draw about 40% farther with...
...I can’t explain it other than wood is a living thing....
...and it helps if a great cue maker made it.

They thought it was far fetched to used Carbon shafts when they first arrived on scene.