Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Which cues goes up in price over time?
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-11-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman77 View Post
I agree with Buster8001. You may not want to agree. In my experience it's the truth. Buy a good mutual fund if you want to gamble on making money, odds are MUCH better.
I've had, and have, several various investments to pay the gazillion of dollars all these dang kids and wife are costing me with college and private school bills. Everything from CD's to a 529 and even some stuff too embarrassing to list, but nothing, and I mean nothing, has given me the return that the couple of grande spent on my Mobley has given. It's the investment that just keeps giving.

Old
  (#47)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Nole View Post
I've had, and have, several various investments to pay the gazillion of dollars all these dang kids and wife are costing me with college and private school bills. Everything from CD's to a 529 and even some stuff too embarrassing to list, but nothing, and I mean nothing, has given me the return that the couple of grande spent on my Mobley has given. It's the investment that just keeps giving.
So you bought the cue directly from Randy, and then flipped it due to supply/demand. That is specifically the one caveat I listed. The next person will not fair so well.

"Eight ball up her thight!"
-Kung Fu Master-

"Pool is an analog game in a digital world."
-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#48)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster8001 View Post
So you bought the cue directly from Randy, and then flipped it due to supply/demand. That is specifically the one caveat I listed. The next person will not fair so well.
No, I bought it direct from Randy and will die with it. The returns Iím speaking of is the joy it brings me every time I get to play some one pocket. I could easily double or triple my money selling it but what would be the point of that? I have a JW in the closet just in case something ever happens to my Mobley. I canít imagine selling that one either.

The only way Iíve ever made any money buying/selling cues is when someone goes bust and sells me their cue. Usually itís just a cheap cue and a quick flip. But itís been a long time since I was hanging out at the pool room enough to have that happen.

Old
  (#49)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Nole View Post
No, I bought it direct from Randy and will die with it. The returns Iím speaking of is the joy it brings me every time I get to play some one pocket. I could easily double or triple my money selling it but what would be the point of that? I have a JW in the closet just in case something ever happens to my Mobley. I canít imagine selling that one either.

The only way Iíve ever made any money buying/selling cues is when someone goes bust and sells me their cue. Usually itís just a cheap cue and a quick flip. But itís been a long time since I was hanging out at the pool room enough to have that happen.
Very very few makers you can buy a cue from at retail and "easily" double or triple your money....

Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: