Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,027
Last edited:

rsmith_1972

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Southwest

Sir,

Is that a predate southwest? We need to get together when you come out to Ca.

V/r
Richard

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was it made specifically as a jump cue, or was there a major mishap with a full cue and this was the resulting "fix". Either way it is nice. Has he ever made another?

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never played with anything made by David that didn't play lights out.

He worked with Jerry Franklin, but didn't didn't teach him everything. Kinda like when someone gives you their recipe, but leaves out that one key ingredient.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I never played with anything made by David that didn't play lights out.

He worked with Jerry Franklin, but didn't didn't teach him everything. Kinda like when someone gives you their recipe, but leaves out that one key ingredient.

Jerry apprenticed and worked with David in the late 70's to before he started South West Cues in 82 and knew all David's construction techniques. David at some point then worked in Jerry's shop till around 88(ish)

That's the info I have...

.....That's a very rare bird right there. Great piece.

Last edited:

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry apprenticed and worked with David in the late 70's to before he started South West Cues in 82 and knew all David's construction techniques. David at some point then worked in Jerry's shop till around 88(ish)

That's the info I have...

.....That's a very rare bird right there. Great piece.

I stated that Jerry worked with David. David thought Jerry ALMOST everything. I've owned over 2 dozen SW cues 15 of them at one time, and nearly a dozen of David's cues. There was always something special about David's cues, and how they played. Like I said about the recipe, the Chef always leaves out one key ingredient. It tastes close, but you know something is missing. I truly believe that this is the case with SW vs Kersenbrock.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I stated that Jerry worked with David. David thought Jerry ALMOST everything. I've owned over 2 dozen SW cues 15 of them at one time, and nearly a dozen of David's cues. There was always something special about David's cues, and how they played. Like I said about the recipe, the Chef always leaves out one key ingredient. It tastes close, but you know something is missing. I truly believe that this is the case with SW vs Kersenbrock.

What did David NOT teach Jerry? I mean, you must have a vast knowledge of cue construction, both SW and Kers, and know all David's construction techniques. You must also have first hand information regarding the role Jerry played while working with David that would have kept some of those techniques hidden so I'd like to know which one(s) you're talking about. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Jerry and SW knew all Davids procedures and techniques but CHOSE to do their a small bit differently?

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite the testy little person I see. You are correct in saying that I must have vast knowledge in the construction of SW & DPK cues. None of which I'll be sharing with the likes of you. Had you not been a smart ass, I just might have.

What did David NOT teach Jerry? I mean, you must have a vast knowledge of cue construction, both SW and Kers, and know all David's construction techniques. You must also have first hand information regarding the role Jerry played while working with David that would have kept some of those techniques hidden so I'd like to know which one(s) you're talking about. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Jerry and SW knew all Davids procedures and techniques but CHOSE to do their a small bit differently?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Quite the testy little person I see. You are correct in saying that I must have vast knowledge in the construction of SW & DPK cues. None of which I'll be sharing with the likes of you. Had you not been a smart ass, I just might have.

I wasn't being a "smart ass". I asked you a simple question. The fact that you won't answer the question, or by you trying to deflect the conversation towards my supposed attitude, leads me to belive your information may not be what you claim... You can easily remedy that though by sharing something you know and feel free to be as vague as youd like to protect Davids "key ingredient".

Last edited: