Vivian the criminal can't delete this thread.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Can I sue someone who says or writes something defamatory about me?

If you meet the requirements for*a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages.
Defamation can take two forms, which are generally referred to as libel and slander. Libel is defined as a defamation of a person, group, organization, product, government, or country that was made in written or printed words or in pictures. Slander is the same thing, except the defamatory statement was made in the form of spoken words, sounds, sign language, or gestures.

Sure you can sue if you can show you were damaged in some way. and prove those damages were the malicious intent and fault of your accuser
Libel or slander or defamation and damages are very difficult to show and prove.
What if everyone thinks she's an asshole?

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sure you can sue if you can show you were damaged in some way. and prove those damages were the malicious intent and fault of your accuser
Libel or slander or defamation and damages are very difficult to show and prove.
What if everyone thinks she's an asshole?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions about anyone, you can even accuse her of being a horrible tournament promoter, but you CAN'T publicly accuse her of being a thief, fraudulently stealing money from someone if you can't PROVE it was HER who committed the so called crime. The OP accused her publically, right out in the open, had he talked to a lawyer first....he'd have been advised NOT to do such a thing! I'm actually suprised AZB has even let this thread go on as long as it has!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you meet the requirements for*a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages.
Defamation can take two forms, which are generally referred to as libel and slander. Libel is defined as a defamation of a person, group, organization, product, government, or country that was made in written or printed words or in pictures. Slander is the same thing, except the defamatory statement was made in the form of spoken words, sounds, sign language, or gestures.

You need damages too. That are monetary.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
----------------

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You "pool room attorneys" are just like "pool room detectives".
Man, you can sue anyone for just about anything...........try WINNING, however. That's another story.
When you enter into the areas of slander and libel, you're going to run into something called INTENT. The burden of proof is going to be on the plaintiff to show intent. With absence of malice you have no case.
Go ahead and try it if you want to be a dumbass.

I guess you should read the title to this thread again!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You "pool room attorneys" are just like "pool room detectives".
Man, you can sue anyone for just about anything...........try WINNING, however. That's another story.
When you enter into the areas of slander and libel, you're going to run into something called INTENT. The burden of proof is going to be on the plaintiff to show intent. With absence of malice you have no case.
Go ahead and try it if you want to be a dumbass.
Read post 90 and 105! For not.having all the facts, those posts point to her as as liar and thief, at this point in time...no facts support those claims!

Last edited:

Facundus Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post would be a lot more interesting if it would have been "tree fiddy" and signed on the back by loch ness monster

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post would be a lot more interesting if it would have been "tree fiddy" and signed on the back by loch ness monster

hqdefault.jpg

That damn monster..... :grin:

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not knowing your reference, I considered you a surrealist
Comedy genius for coming up with such a crazy funny
Way to lighten the heavyness and absurdity in this
Long drawn out post. (What am I saying it could go
On for six months)

Then i find you are quoting the southpark sickos
And I’ve been laughing for an hour. Well played.