"Upside down" 760??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Place i play at recently re-covered the golf table with 760. I think the guy put it on upside down. Its too fuzzy and REALLLLY slow. Doesn't Simonis put a label that you can see with a blacklight on the play side? Also, can anything be done to speed it up? I've heard that lightly starching and a iron on low works pretty good. TIA for any input/ideas.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Place i play at recently re-covered the golf table with 760. I think the guy put it on upside down. Its too fuzzy and REALLLLY slow. Doesn't Simonis put a label that you can see with a blacklight on the play side? Also, can anything be done to speed it up? I've heard that lightly starching and a iron on low works pretty good. TIA for any input/ideas.

Many years ago the room in Medford Oregon would remove the old Simonis and flip it over and reuse it. It sure looked a little funny but played ok.

SlateMate

Banned
yes, they have a "this side up" sticker that comes on the cloth.

the next time you are at that pool hall look underneath with a light and see if the down-side is smoother.

Last edited:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
yes, they have a "this side up" sticker that comes on the cloth.

the next time you are at that pool hall look underneath with a light and see if the down-side is smoother.

Often times, this would not be possible. When I install cloth, I trim it flush to the bottom of the slate. There would not be any overhang for you to view the opposite side.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Often times, this would not be possible. When I install cloth, I trim it flush to the bottom of the slate. There would not be any overhang for you to view the opposite side.

I was going to ask how one sees the underside of the cloth when it is on the table?
Flip the table over???:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1: