Ferrule that is most chalk repelent

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Which ferrule material is most likely to not get chalk stained? I don't know what it is but a stained ferrule just drives me crazy. Thanks.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which ferrule material is most likely to not get chalk stained? I don't know what it is but a stained ferrule just drives me crazy. Thanks.
In most cases it is faulty chalking technique and not a ferrule problem that causes that. Do you rub the edge of the chalk on the ferrule?

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I beg to differ.
Snooker-style, thin-walled brass or Titanium ferrule.

Also a good sealing with Renaissance Wax helps (2x).

And then - have a proper chalking technique which is "like applying a thin layer of lipstick". Not smashing and shoveling heaps of chalk onto your tip.

Cheerio!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Sometimes you just need a chalk that sticks to the tip when you chalk. If you buy magic chalk and is does NOT solve the problem, full money back guarantee, no questions asked. I will refund the cost of shipping too.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I beg to differ.
Snooker-style, thin-walled brass or Titanium ferrule.

Also a good sealing with Renaissance Wax helps (2x).

And then - have a proper chalking technique which is "like applying a thin layer of lipstick". Not smashing and shoveling heaps of chalk onto your tip.

Cheerio!
Renaissance Wax is not a sealer.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes you just need a chalk that sticks to the tip when you chalk. If you buy magic chalk and is does NOT solve the problem, full money back guarantee, no questions asked. I will refund the cost of shipping too.
I like Magic Chalk, green is my personal preference.

You asked for a Highly chalk resistant ferrule, Mason Micarta.
better than LBM.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 689

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Have you considered black or non white colored ferrule? The brown colored phenolic tip/ferrule on my Sledgehammer doesn't show chalk.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IVORY.......and it has the best acoustics and appearance & is impervious to chalk.
I could take photos of my cues shafts & there aren’t any signs whatsoever of chalk
Ask any cue-maker and it will be confirmed and the durability of ivory is really good.
However, if you want to use it as the ferrule material for breaking hard, over time, it
might be prone to cracking but if that’s your intention, learn to live with chalk buildup.

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think ivory is most chalk resistant,but a friend has a cue using a short .500
length ferrule of sabre-t and it looks great after about six months of use.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get rid of the chalk that makes everything blue. Try Taom light blue chalk. I did and I'll never go back to regular chalk. Everything stays clean.