Thanks for sharing. Love Jimmy Mataya! :cool:

Attachments

• IPT-NA Venetian in Vegas 102.JPG
    IPT-NA Venetian in Vegas 102.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,924

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You think someone else will give better commentary, Ah, forget about it! If you want to listen to someone whisper every time a ball is hit, go watch golf. Okay? We are talking about the great game of pool. And it’s on the upswing. We will be paying commentators like this a million dollars a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You think someone else will give better commentary, Ah, forget about it! If you want to listen to someone whisper every time a ball is hit, go watch golf. Okay? We are talking about the great game of pool. And it’s on the upswing. We will be paying commentators like this a million dollars a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Somebody woke up on the sunny side of the bed today.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Funny, I actually thought Daniel Busch was CBS's Jim Nance at first. Their voices, candid style, "personality", all sound A LOT alike. And that's a compliment because Nance is probably the gold standard.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Would of been nice to see the announcers on camera, live before the match. Be interesting to of known what kind of cloth they are playing on, also what type of ball set and cue ball is in play. At 5-3 on the winners side Hill match, with Shane breaking/leading against Foldes, the SVB break scratch turned that match around. Stuff like this I find important for a commentator to say, along with prior scores and wins to get to the semis and finals. Having heard JM many times, I just wish he'd give us more to chew on leading up to this final match during the null moments.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Would of been nice to see the announcers on camera, live before the match. Be interesting to of known what kind of cloth they are playing on, also what type of ball set and cue ball is in play. At 5-3 on the winners side Hill match, with Shane breaking/leading against Foldes, the SVB break scratch turned that match around. Stuff like this I find important for a commentator to say, along with prior scores and wins to get to the semis and finals. Having heard JM many times, I just wish he'd give us more to chew on leading up to this final match during the null moments.

Agree with a little pre-game setup with the commentators on camera.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed the commentating in the finals.

Listened to him a couple weeks back with Vilma and Oscar's in the finals too

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Uh-oh. The winner of this tournament wasn't using a "black" shaft that goes "Ding!" ... Looks like everyone is throwing away $500.