University of Miami poolroom

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an off the wall question, but when I was in school there, there was a guy named Bert that was by far the best player on campus. Any chance he posts here? Or does anyone know him? I remember he had a really sweet Huebler cue.
Thanks

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You-owe-me-money-400x299.jpg

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an off the wall question, but when I was in school there, there was a guy named Bert that was by far the best player on campus. Any chance he posts here? Or does anyone know him? I remember he had a really sweet Huebler cue.
Thanks

What years? There was a regional ncaa bullshite tournament in tally one year with a bunch of UM, Clemson, UF, GT and NC State folks I think. A few of us got Into a cheap ring game while waiting for the tournament to start. I remember the UM guy followed me, which was good because he played really strong. Some F-tard from UF ratted us out and all of us in the game got kicked out for gambling. I never stepped foot in the student union again.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is an off the wall question, but when I was in school there, ...
Any particular years? That may not be a fair question since some of us are a little hazy on exactly when we went to school, but it could help with an answer.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I've seen him around. Hangs out with this other guy, Ernie. I'd stay away from 'em, I've heard they're bad news.

Attachments

• Bert and Ernie.jpg
    Bert and Ernie.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 540

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what years? There was a regional ncaa bullshite tournament in tally one year with a bunch of um, clemson, uf, gt and nc state folks i think. A few of us got into a cheap ring game while waiting for the tournament to start. I remember the um guy followed me, which was good because he played really strong. Some f-tard from uf ratted us out and all of us in the game got kicked out for gambling. I never stepped foot in the student union again.

1981-1984.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
1981-1984.
I assume Bert was a student. I tried to look up all participants at the ACU-I tournaments at that time in case he played in them, but the coverage I found was sparse. There was no tournament in 1981, and the National Billiard News listed only the two finalists in the 1982 event at Georgia Tech. The BCA rule book lists only the champions.

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember him from my time at Homestead Air Force Base, 1983-1988. Can't recall his last name at the moment. Very good player. Contact UWATE on this forum, he would know.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember him from my time at Homestead Air Force Base, 1983-1988. Can't recall his last name at the moment. Very good player. Contact UWATE on this forum, he would know.

Thanks. Will do.

And thanks for the others that have replied.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all for your help. I reconnected with Bert last night. He still plays and plays well. Ranked in top 40 in Florida amateurs. He sent me a couple of pictures when he played Mike Massey at the school. I was there.