NPR Forum gone?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's... still there... steadily breeding divisions of hate using polarization. Why it hasn't been renamed to "Politics" has to be... political.

People pretend there's intellectual debates going in there, but it's at least 90% fueled by hate hate hate hate.

Whatever keeps them coming back I guess. I've typed it here before, I'm not sure if a "political" section fits a "billiards" site anymore than a "billiards" section fits a "political" site

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's... still there... steadily breeding divisions of hate using polarization. Why it hasn't been renamed to "Politics" has to be... political.

People pretend there's intellectual debates going in there, but it's at least 90% fueled by hate hate hate hate.

Whatever keeps them coming back I guess. I've typed it here before, I'm not sure if a "political" section fits a "billiards" site anymore than a "billiards" section fits a "political" site

There used to be more off topic posts than there are now, inquiries about different subjects, more politics now than ever before as our country becomes more and more polarized. But the fact remains, then, now, and always - you aren't required to look.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There used to be more off topic posts than there are now, inquiries about different subjects, more politics now than ever before as our country becomes more and more polarized. But the fact remains, then, now, and always - you aren't required to look.

Yeah, if one looks back at the older pages, there is a wide variety of topics.

Even some females once posted there, LOL.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeh every time I look I see the subjects and just leave. I think I've actually looked "in" a thread twice since I've been a member. I don't have a problem with the NPR section here, trust me, as a long-term avid 4chan visitor there's nothing shocking in NPR. It's the contrast of what you expect and what you get from a billiards site, or hell, even a chew the fat section on _ANY_ site that is so.... stark. But, every site has to have its toilet.

It's simply evolution that a section will start legitimate...

https://www.reddit.com/r/toilet/

Then mutate to....

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToiletLick/

(I'd post 4chan links but in some places that's an insta-ban).

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's... still there... steadily breeding divisions of hate using polarization.

I have not seen the hate you mention. For the few threads to which I have added, responders have vehemently disagreed and have been intelligent about it. This is in contrast to other free for all, vulgar, and ignorant sites. AZ is really quite tame.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I agree Paul. NPR is lively to say the least but isn't over the top. I used to participate in a Poker forum that was off the charts relative to personal attacks and hard core language. You kind of reap what you sow.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder why this change was made and why only that one section? Until recently anyone could go to NPR with or without logging in.