Pool Hall fashion/style

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Is there such a thing as Pool Hall fashion/style?

For other sports its pretty clear what cuts of fabric are need for that sport.

However billiards apparel matches the style of music concert shirts.

There is more interest in billiard cues and billiard cases.

However the expression of billiards interest is less visible when it comes to clothing.

If I had to describe a typical pool hall outfit from a regular, it would match what a teenager wears.

I am not saying everyone needs to be shooting at the room in collar button down shirts. i am saying billiards style hasn't been refined so that people know how to dress for a pool room. Dressing for the pool room is almost equal to going to the supermarket.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

However the expression of billiards interest is less visible when it comes to clothing.

If I had to describe a typical pool hall outfit from a regular, it would match what a teenager wears.

I am not saying everyone needs to be shooting at the room in collar button down shirts. i am saying billiards style hasn't been refined so that people know how to dress for a pool room. Dressing for the pool room is almost equal to going to the supermarket.
Is this a real thread? Seriously?? C'mon man.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool hall fashion, if there is such a thing, comes in many different shapes and sizes and attire. What I see the most happening are the Hustlin, APA, custom shirts with typical pool tag lines, "8 out"...."Break and Run"...."Big balls in the hole".

As for what I wear? Just your typical office attire on my way home from work but I prefer sandals and shorts.:wink:

I do feel there needs to be a dress code when it comes to bigger tournaments. One player had his wife come in wearing baggy t shirt and pajama bottoms on. That can't be allowed and who wears pajamas out in public?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all taste, but if I owned one, the entire hall would look like the villains hideout in older James Bond movies. Of course my opinion has been questioned, as I'd hold tournaments requiring cosplay.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all taste, but if I owned one, the entire hall would look like the villains hideout in older James Bond movies. Of course my opinion has been questioned, as I'd hold tournaments requiring cosplay.

Can I come in pretending to be a pool player?

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

worry about yourself... people are just trying to live their lives. things are hard enough without the fashion police kicking-down the door.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
It was an open invitation to businesses that want to develop the billiards apparel industry.

Right now its basically a custom shirt industry. No one has really taken ownership of the billiard player image. When Nike sponsored Michael Jordan, basketball and sports clothes and sneakers value grew tremendously.

Being indoors in a crowded pool room, I think clothing choices can impact performance.

Athletic apparel is a multi-billion dollar industry. Sneakers have become collectible items.

As for athletic apparel in billiards, any company can basically walk in dominate, they can say which shoes are most comfortable for those marathon matches.

They can say which fabrics are best for people that sweat a lot.

which fabrics won't hang over when stretching for a crazy shot.

design pants or shirts with special pockets for billiard accessories.

worry about yourself... people are just trying to live their lives. things are hard enough without the fashion police kicking-down the door.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It was an open invitation to businesses that want to develop the billiards apparel industry.

Right now its basically a custom shirt industry. No one has really taken ownership of the billiard player image. When Nike sponsored Michael Jordan, basketball and sports clothes and sneakers value grew tremendously.

Being indoors in a crowded pool room, I think clothing choices can impact performance.

Athletic apparel is a multi-billion dollar industry. Sneakers have become collectible items.

As for athletic apparel in billiards, any company can basically walk in dominate, they can say which shoes are most comfortable for those marathon matches.

Call it G Cue.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tennis shoes, sketchers, cole haan?

Dri-Fit

Spandex

Cargo pants'shorts and columbia fishing shirts

Just messin' with ya. Hell give it a shot. You know TapouT MMA gear started with two guys selling custom tshirts out of the trunk of their cars at small time regional MMA events. Shoot for the stars!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's not just pool. Many people think it doesn't matter how they present themselves to the world and nobody is going to change their mind. Telling them how to dress just makes them dig in deeper with their Tshirts, baggy shorts and flip flops.

I make an effort because I want to and figured out long ago dressing well is not much harder or more expensive than dressing like a homeless person. I dress for the venue. If it's a bar sure I'll be in bluejeans and a golf shirt, a nicer bar/resturant maybe a button down and so on. I save the Tshirts for trips to the hardware store.

I don't need a special shirt to play pool in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Maybe it's just the way things are. It wasn't too long ago that Woodward was on the Big Truck streams in flip flops and cargo shorts - going for $2,000 in the calcutta.

Represent wear you come from. If you want to wear golf shirts to the pool room I'm not going to knock any of that.

I'll be in a backwards Hustlin ball cap and jeans with a big rip down one leg. Giving someone in a button down the last 3.....:cool:

--DD "Do I need to lose some weight?"

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont want to wear anything that says ' i play pool' in a pool room. Making a game is easier without making a statement.I'm not the only one.
I see a lot of Hustlin shirts on the pros but i am guessing Hustlin is giving those for the exposure. So i dont see a big market for pool apparel.

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I dont want to wear anything that says ' i play pool' in a pool room unless its my local room. Making a game is easier without making a statement.I'm not the only one.
I see a lot of Hustlin shirts on the pros but i am guessing Hustlin is giving those for the exposure. So i dont see a big market for pool apparel.

I'm sort of the same, I don't wear "I play pool stuff"
The hat really is it, and that's because no one reads your hat when you're in the room I'm in. Everybody wears hats, and if you've read my hat, I'm already in action.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
A golf shirt is fancy? I bet the fact that I tuck it in makes me a downright dandy.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
A golf shirt is fancy? I bet the fact that I tuck it in makes me a downright dandy.

Next week, for APA league, I'll count all the three piece suits in the joint. I heard that gaggle has a bunch of class

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Next week, for APA league, I'll count all the three piece suits in the joint. I heard that gaggle has a bunch of class

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
No jacket required...but enough already with the tank tops.