Aramith Bar Box Cue Ball

timm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't like the way Aramith makes them, find a better magnetic ball to buy.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I've seen several examples of exactly that...a ball within the ball.

Here's one from a local player:
21844_103199669701750_100000351521501_81567_3225158_n.jpg

Aramith CB

So they are using balls that were not up to spec, then coating them in a metallic shell? I have one on my Valley ZD5 and it plays terrific when compared to any other barbox CB that requires a metallic ball. Pretty smart way to use balls that failed to pass inspection, strange though at the same time.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Ok someone cut one open and tell me this isnt true. Hopefully this isnt a repost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3wp6xC3oQ

What do you think? Real or Fake

I don't know if it is real or fake. However, I think if it is real it is certainly a mistake. I cut one of these balls in half awhile ago and the one I cut was not like that at all. These balls are designed differently than the old bar balls, if you look at the photo's I provided you will notice a Black line near the outside edge of the ball. This is the magnetic material used in these balls, in the old days the ball a magnetic core.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Like I said above if those photo's are real they were mistakes, because these balls are not designed to made that way.

JIMO

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Certainly sheds some light on why this green logo aramith magnetic ball plays so bad compared to a standard cueball.

When will Valley realize that their cueball return system is just not good. Not even close. Who was the genius that decided one day when engineering a bar box that it wouldn't matter if the cueball was different than the other balls? That was a sad day for pool for sure!

KMRUNOUT

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Manwon: was yours a 8B by chance...looks like a dark ring under the outer coating? Maybe yours IS just like the rest?!?! Are aramith balls a solid color throughout or just an outer coating of color on a yellowish center?