NIR Super Professional

RickVaughn

Registered
I've been reading a lot of forums about Master Chalk. Yeah, it's fine but has anyone ever tried NIR Super Professional? It's made by Tweeten and is similar to Blue Diamond. Though less expensive than BD, I prefer it. It's a really bold blue color housed inside yellow-orange wrapper. It's very soft, very messy and goes on smooth as silk. It's not super messy if you just keep it on the table (face up of course) but I use a pocket chalk holder and it just gets everywhere. I have a blue stain on my left pocket on all my pants. I don't mind it though, it's just part of my pants now I guess.

Anyway, I've used Silver Cup, Triangle, Master, Blue Diamond, Brunswick, and NIR. So far, I like the NIR the best. I think it goes on smooth and even and plays real grippy. I chalk before every shot so I can't tell you how long you can go without chalking.

Pricing: It's expensive. It's $8.00 for a 3-piece pack and then you have to ship it. It's not cheap, considering I can get a dozen Master for like $3.50. I think I got my last box from Ozone Billiards. Don't worry, I'm not in any way affiliated with them.

All in all, I like to play with it. I feel like it gives me that extra confidence and security that my chalk is going to do what I need it to do every time. Maybe I'm full of it? It's entirely possible. I have no idea. All I know is that when I use it, I'm not thinking about my chalk and that's one less thing to worry about.

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried it but I have a different opinion. I didn't like it very much and it is messy. Another thing I didn't like was the pieces I got were smaller than Master or BD and I had to slide a dime (sideways) in the chalk holder to make it stay in. I seemed to have a lot more miscues with it than BD.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i tried it but i have a different opinion. I didn't like it very much and it is messy. Another thing i didn't like was the pieces i got were smaller than master or bd and i had to slide a dime (sideways) in the chalk holder to make it stay in. I seemed to have a lot more miscues with it than bd.

just to be clear:

You misscue due to the brand of chalk you are using?

SLIM

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Excessive miscuing is most likely not due to chalk, IMHO.

To the OP, I have tried numerous kinds of chalks and settled in with BD, but I'll occasionally use Master I find on the table. Never like NIR simply because it's messy. It actually really is messy, and I'm having a hard time to keep the chalk in the cube when I'm not using it.

I purchased a cube of Kamui recently from Tony. I'm still waiting for it to arrive and hopefully I'll write a comprehensive review soon on all the chalks I've used and compare them to the new $25 Kamui chalk.

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excessive miscuing is most likely not due to chalk, IMHO.

To the OP, I have tried numerous kinds of chalks and settled in with BD, but I'll occasionally use Master I find on the table. Never like NIR simply because it's messy. It actually really is messy, and I'm having a hard time to keep the chalk in the cube when I'm not using it.

I purchased a cube of Kamui recently from Tony. I'm still waiting for it to arrive and hopefully I'll write a comprehensive review soon on all the chalks I've used and compare them to the new $25 Kamui chalk.

I didn't say anthing about excessive miscueing. 1 miscue is more that anyone would want. I think everyone on this forum has had miscues. Really, from your above statement, seems we really agree on just about everything. Good luck.

malidave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been reading a lot of forums about Master Chalk. Yeah, it's fine but has anyone ever tried NIR Super Professional? It's made by Tweeten and is similar to Blue Diamond. Though less expensive than BD, I prefer it. It's a really bold blue color housed inside yellow-orange wrapper. It's very soft, very messy and goes on smooth as silk. It's not super messy if you just keep it on the table (face up of course) but I use a pocket chalk holder and it just gets everywhere. I have a blue stain on my left pocket on all my pants. I don't mind it though, it's just part of my pants now I guess.

Anyway, I've used Silver Cup, Triangle, Master, Blue Diamond, Brunswick, and NIR. So far, I like the NIR the best. I think it goes on smooth and even and plays real grippy. I chalk before every shot so I can't tell you how long you can go without chalking.

Pricing: It's expensive. It's $8.00 for a 3-piece pack and then you have to ship it. It's not cheap, considering I can get a dozen Master for like $3.50. I think I got my last box from Ozone Billiards. Don't worry, I'm not in any way affiliated with them.

All in all, I like to play with it. I feel like it gives me that extra confidence and security that my chalk is going to do what I need it to do every time. Maybe I'm full of it? It's entirely possible. I have no idea. All I know is that when I use it, I'm not thinking about my chalk and that's one less thing to worry about.

Quick correction it is made by Longini (same company makes Blue Diamond) not Tweeten.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the most part, yes.

so just to be clear: You think all chalk is the same?

all chalk does the same thing.
In most cases misscues are caused by incorrect stroke.
It does not matter what chalk you use, the chalk will not cause a misscue.

SLIM

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

SLIM

Yes, all chalk does the same function (chalk your tip). But saying one is not any better that another, is like saying all cars are the same. This is all I will say about this. I personally like BD over Masters or any other chalk I have tried.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not looking to argue.

yes, all chalk does the same function (chalk your tip). But saying one is not any better that another, is like saying all cars are the same. This is all i will say about this. I personally like bd over masters or any other chalk i have tried.

i agree with you.

this is how i look at it:
I feel all top brand cars are pretty much the same.
They all go when you push the gas pedal & stop when you push the break pedal whitch is really al that matters.
People buy different makes becuase of personal preferance.

have a good day & if you reply i look forward to reading you opinion.

SLIM

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Quick correction it is made by Longini (same company makes Blue Diamond) not Tweeten.
On the contrary, Blue Diamond is made by Tweeten FOR Longoni, i.e. under their order I guess.
Here there are three kinds of chalk which is considered best of all (and thus most expensive of all): Blue Diamond, NIR Super Pro and Raymond Ceulemans World Legend chalk. The latter is also made by Tweeten, but it is as great as Blue Diamond and maybe even greater. NIR - I personally don't like it's color and the fact is it slightly smaller than standard cubes (if you use a chalk holder it won't fit, will be loose there). Yet NIR is smooth and "oily", pretty good chalk and I know good players who prefer it over other brands.

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to Philippines same time when SVB & Mika along with JA, Oscar Dominguez and the rest of the Filipino Killers. Over there they use some crazy lame looking generic chalks, some places may have Masters but they are so worn in you literally wont see half of your ferrule so you have to use the inside walls of the chalk. My point is - None of them care what brand of chalk they had. They spent more time on the table shooting than picking brands. I did not see one kid miscue let alone the Men. All they do is pocket balls and run out! SVB played a 14 yr old sets and sets of ten ball and barely won couple of sets. Ask him yourself and he'll tell you. After my trip there I stopped caring for anything else other than playing. Their equipments there are nowhere near what we got here... But their game is so far advanced than most players here. Kudos to Mr.Slim for acknowledging that a miscue is caused by an inconsistent or not leveled stroke! Nothing more nothing less!

Last edited:

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member

SLIM

yes but some of us tend to push the muscue limits right to the border on some spin shots.