John Barton us open ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guys who love getting drunk, talking shit and starting fights at pool halls wonder why young people, women, people with brains and people with money don't like going to pool halls. :scratchhead:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it’s barbaric to use mean words to hurt a snowflake’s feewings, but it’s civilized to physically attack someone...

Not what I meant at all, but I do think that someone yapping away trying to get to someone or insulting people, needs to have some consequence. I have seen a guy hitting one of those punching bag games and saying to another guy "this is your girls p***sy after they got in an argument about who's turn it was on the bar table. Another time someone was dancing around a guy. So what do you do there? Say "please stop"? When you know they will just say "what are you going to do to make me"?

I have this same feeling towards people that wander slowly through the middle of the parking lot or walk in front of you across the light. I just want to go-ahead and hit them. I mean if they did not want to be hit they would not be walking in front of my car but go to the side like smart humans, so all you are doing is just giving them what they want. If someone is there trying to get you to hit them, then hitting them should not be an issue with anyone.

I am totally against fighting, but I am against idiots and rude people goading someone to fight even more. I have gotten into two actual fights in my life, both when I was like 11 or 12, some kid was behind me poking me getting close in the yard, I turned around and punched him in the stomach, once. He went to ground, did not touch me again. Second time I was walking home and another kid was following me pushing at me and trying to grab my backpack. I shoved him to the ground, kicked him, again, was left alone from then on. If someone is really asking to get hit, we should oblige them. Especially if your parents were taking you to Russian martial arts classes hehe. But I really wanted to slam those other idiots heads on the pool table them shove them outside even though I had nothing to do with the messes in those cases. In the words of the great Will Smith in Men In Black "don't start nuthin, won't be nuthin".

Last edited:

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guys who love getting drunk, talking shit and starting fights at pool halls wonder why young people, women, people with brains and people with money don't like going to pool halls. :scratchhead:
Missed the point entirely. It's the threat of possibly getting your ass beat that keeps people from talking shit at the pool hall. Even if that were the case theres more drunk fighting going on at clubs and concerts than pool halls and there seems to be plenty of women and youngsters there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you kidding me, those fakes made by omega called acme that look almost identical to jb Cases are complete shit. They don't protect anything. I forget how cheap pool players are though. 1k+ up for a cue but looking for a $90 piece of shit case for it.

They are the same case. You’re just more into branding than anything else. 2 identical t-shirts and you are probably that guy that wears the one with the brand across the chest.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
After reading all this I feel I must warn my friend Dennis. He's using an Acme case currently and he doesn't know his cues are in jeopardy. :rolleyes:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, that is an ignorant position.

When this stand was adopted by society a while back the world did not become a better place.

Bulldog mouths started growing on chihuahua ass' rampantly.

Back when if you ran your mouth it was likely to attract a fist there was way more respect and things were generally more polite and orderly most of the time.

JMO

JC

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Violence is the go-to choice of the ignorant.

pj <- tried to rep you...
chgo

At some point the only option is to grab the a-hole by the neck and toss him out of the building. Done by police, bouncer or the person they are causing trouble for does not make a difference on the core of the matter, only difference is the law. The result is the same. Some guy getting whacked in the head by a billy club because he is resisting the police is the same thing as them doing it to a civilian outside of the uniform.

Now going to violence as the first, or even second step in trying to resolve something is not good. You should give someone every other chance to resolve things without it. With some people though, well this quote sums it up nicely.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach...
So, you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
N' I don't like it any more than you men." *

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
At some point the only option is to grab the a-hole by the neck and toss him out of the building. Done by police, bouncer or the person they are causing trouble for does not make a difference on the core of the matter, only difference is the law. The result is the same. Some guy getting whacked in the head by a billy club because he is resisting the police is the same thing as them doing it to a civilian outside of the uniform.

Now going to violence as the first, or even second step in trying to resolve something is not good. You should give someone every other chance to resolve things without it. With some people though, well this quote sums it up nicely.

Well, he gets it!
I don't argue with much of that - mostly because you're not saying "things were better when there was more violence".

pj
chgo

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Violence is the go-to choice of the ignorant.

pj <- tried to rep you...
chgo

For societies to work well though you have to have some kind of way to deal with the undesirables. The person who is always causing problems or being nasty, bullies to the weaker folk, people who always seem to be nearby when things go missing. Now you’re supposed to depend on the fuzz, who can act only after the fact in most cases..and not at all when it comes to loudmouths. Ah whatever no one ever listens on the internet.

Go jb

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Civilian violence in the name of what an individual believes is 'right' is not the same as police using legally supported physical force on a noncompliant subject.

Well, he gets it!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Civilian violence in the name of what an individual believes is 'right' is not the same as police using legally supported physical force on a noncompliant subject.

"legally supported" is based on what you are wearing in many cases and which country you live in, not the details or the moral correctness of the situation. I an not talking about cutting off a hand when you steal bread, but one should be able to deal with an annoyance. If not, all that shows is that people can act how they want without having to deal with consequences of their actions. That is when people grow up to be whiny rude *****es.

What will the police do if you call and say some people are bothering your friend and calling her names? By the time they get there, those guys would have probably run off, and even if not, what do they do? They walk in, say "be nice" and walk out. The guys being asses just make fun of you some more when they leave saying "look at how stupid and ineffective you are". Losing a few teeth teaches them a different thing.

Last edited:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not what I meant at all, but I do think that someone yapping away trying to get to someone or insulting people, needs to have some consequence. I have seen a guy hitting one of those punching bag games and saying to another guy "this is your girls p***sy after they got in an argument about who's turn it was on the bar table. Another time someone was dancing around a guy. So what do you do there? Say "please stop"? When you know they will just say "what are you going to do to make me"?

I have this same feeling towards people that wander slowly through the middle of the parking lot or walk in front of you across the light. I just want to go-ahead and hit them. I mean if they did not want to be hit they would not be walking in front of my car but go to the side like smart humans, so all you are doing is just giving them what they want. If someone is there trying to get you to hit them, then hitting them should not be an issue with anyone.

I am totally against fighting, but I am against idiots and rude people goading someone to fight even more. I have gotten into two actual fights in my life, both when I was like 11 or 12, some kid was behind me poking me getting close in the yard, I turned around and punched him in the stomach, once. He went to ground, did not touch me again. Second time I was walking home and another kid was following me pushing at me and trying to grab my backpack. I shoved him to the ground, kicked him, again, was left alone from then on. If someone is really asking to get hit, we should oblige them. Especially if your parents were taking you to Russian martial arts classes hehe. But I really wanted to slam those other idiots heads on the pool table them shove them outside even though I had nothing to do with the messes in those cases. In the words of the great Will Smith in Men In Black "don't start nuthin, won't be nuthin".

Sambo???????????

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, he gets it!

Imagine you picking a fight with a gun permit holder. You would be shot especially if violence is your solution. Since you’re a badass and it means you may have a chance to threaten his life then you will get shot.

When I was a teen I wouldn’t mind getting in fights but now people carry pocket knives and legal permit holders exist. It is my responsibility to avoid fights because I don’t want to use my gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.