Who is currently the best "pool" player in the world right now

Pangit

Banned
Wu Jia-qing or Ko-Pin Yi? Hell, I'd take those two in a scotch doubles type thing against any duo you can come up with. :p

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wu Jia-qing or Ko-Pin Yi? Hell, I'd take those two in a scotch doubles type thing against any duo you can come up with. :p

Wyd? When did scotch doubles become a measure of how good a pool player is.

Isn't that like asking 'who is the best quarterback, the dolphins?'

Pangit

Banned
Wyd? When did scotch doubles become a measure of how good a pool player is.

Isn't that like asking 'who is the best quarterback, the dolphins?'

My point is I can't decide which one is better...it's a flip of the coin. I'd take either one heads up against anyone.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't you check out that 34 year old on the All Time AZ money winner list who is currently second, but should probably be first since he actually got paid... hmm proof in the pudding maybe?

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We will find out in several weeks when the Master of the Table is crowned at the Derby City Classic. The truest all around test that exists in today's game.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It's Jayson Shaw, although JL Chang might be his equal in rotation games.

Over and above his obvious greatness in nine ball that includes a US Open title and numerous Turning Stone titles, Shaw has to his credit a 2nd place finish in Derby City bank pool, several Big Foot 10-ball titles, a win in the Accu-stats Make it Happen 8-ball, and a win in the Accu-stats Make it Happen Straight Pool.

I don't think anyone would be favored in an all-around against Jayson Shaw right now. He's simply the best.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Shaw is the best 9 ball player right now but I still think Orcollo is the best all around player

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's Jayson Shaw, although JL Chang might be his equal in rotation games.

Over and above his obvious greatness in nine ball that includes a US Open title and numerous Turning Stone titles, Shaw has to his credit a 2nd place finish in Derby City bank pool, several Big Foot 10-ball titles, a win in the Accu-stats Make it Happen 8-ball, and a win in the Accu-stats Make it Happen Straight Pool.

I don't think anyone would be favored in an all-around against Jayson Shaw right now. He's simply the best.

I think you're right but my favorite player and one that no one has to like drawing in any discipline is Alex Pagulayan

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think you're right but my favorite player and one that no one has to like drawing in any discipline is Alex Pagulayan

Alex is a magnificent player for sure, and he's favored heavily over Shaw in both banks and one pocket. Jayson would be favored in nine ball, ten ball, straight pool, and eight ball.

Alex is a living legend and, like you, I really enjoy watching him play. I'd call him the most creative and thoughtful player since Efren.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex is a magnificent player for sure, and he's favored heavily over Shaw in both banks and one pocket. Jayson would be favored in nine ball, ten ball, straight pool, and eight ball.

Alex is a living legend and, like you, I really enjoy watching him play. I'd call him the most creative and thoughtful player since Efren.

Absolutely, Stu. Well said.
Looking forward to seeing you again on the tournament trail.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Playing 10ball it’s still SVB. Period. 9ball puts a few more in the mix. 8ball I still like Shane.

All around probably Alex-Dennis-SVB (not including 14.1)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And it has always been remarkable to me the drastically different ways even and Alex achieve such excellence.

While efren's game seems fluid and natural, alex's seems calculated and almost binary...click, click, click.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
SHANE
DENNIS
ALEX

in that order PROVIDED rotation games (9B, 10B) are played with winner break format

SHAW has the best chance of crashing this party with FILLER and KACI looming on the horizon