Larry the Cable Guy and Lorrie

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw a quick video of her doing a demo. Larry is there. She set up a shot for him to do. He does it and then follows by throwing her cue (not his) across the table onto the floor.

It just shows the lack of respect people have for other people's property.

Reminded me of when one of my friends was using another friend's cue. Something was said and he proceeded to rub the shaft of the cue against a light's chain that held it up (trying to be cute but failing).

Jesh...

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw a quick video of her doing a demo. Larry is there. She set up a shot for him to do. He does it and then follows by throwing her cue (not his) across the table onto the floor.

Reminded me of when one of my friends was using another friend's cue. Something was said and he proceeded to rub the shaft of the cue against a light's chain that held it up (trying to be cute but failing).

Jesh...
Yeah. He shouldn't have done that. It would have been nice if he offered to buy her a new one. He can afford it.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
NEVER let a "celebrity" use your cue! I've learned that lesson the hard way also, names omitted. Always keep a house cue or cheapie available for them to use and abuse because they will, more often then not. If there is one thing I learned from being out here for so many years it's this. The celebs think they're better than anyone else! They really believe that too. That is why I don't worship "celebrity" or have any interest in what goes on in their lives like so many star gazers do.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NEVER let a "celebrity" use your cue! I've learned that lesson the hard way also, names omitted. Always keep a house cue or cheapie available for them to use and abuse because they will, more often then not. If there is one thing I learned from being out here for so many years it's this. The celebs think they're better than anyone else! They really believe that too. That is why I don't worship "celebrity" or have any interest in what goes on in their lives like so many star gazers do.

Agreed, they're not special and are generally entitled a'holes.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple of observations...doesn't excuse the throwing of the cue, but:

A.) I met him once and he was very gracious and humble. Very generous with his time while he was out with his family in Nashville (I know it would drive me crazy if I were out with my family and people were constantly interrupting and asking for selfies and autographs)

Second- The even is tagged as a charity event for St. Jude children's hospital, so maybe he gets a few karma points back.

and C. The event was Colt Ford's and was held at a winery, betcha the cable guy was a little tipsy.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple of observations...doesn't excuse the throwing of the cue, but:

A.) I met him once and he was very gracious and humble. Very generous with his time while he was out with his family in Nashville (I know it would drive me crazy if I were out with my family and people were constantly interrupting and asking for selfies and autographs)

Second- The even is tagged as a charity event for St. Jude children's hospital, so maybe he gets a few karma points back.

and C. The event was Colt Ford's and was held at a winery, betcha the cable guy was a little tipsy.

I wonder if they had to ride through the country to get there? I'm also curious if there was any trash in that trailer?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Probably Larry didn't have a clue. After all, aren't cues something you buy at Wal-mart for $35?

Jay also has a good point. One car guy on a board I visit sold a very valuable collector car to a Hollywood celebrity...the car got trashed.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I think he just meant to toss it onto the table and it took a funny bounce. Careless yes but hardly an international incident and he is who he is. If it was some high end sentimental value cue I doubt she'd use it in a stunt where she handed it over to a comedian in a sleeveless shirt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jesh...

Oh come on. That was most likely part of the act! Only pool geeks would even notice I bet. Either way I hope he said Git 'er done after making the shot!! I doubt very seriously that was her main playing cue either!!

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use that shot for the crowd too and I am glad that has never happened to me. I wasn't there to know if it was part of the act but she did react as if she did not want that to happen. I don't know if Larry was drunk during this or not. Some people treat pool equipment like this because they only know drunken bar pool. Not trying to let him off the hook if this was not part of the show but just sharing an observation. I may have people use their own cue for this shot now or use a bar cue.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people show little to no respect to their own possessions, livelihoods, and families so it's no surprise they mistreat an item like a pool cue.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh come on. That was most likely part of the act! Only pool geeks would even notice I bet. Either way I hope he said Git 'er done after making the shot!! I doubt very seriously that was her main playing cue either!!

I am a bit of a geek.

But if that was my cue (well I wouldn't let him use it but if it was), I would have rip him a new A-Hole and then some.

I don't think it was malicious, I think it was thoughtless. But if I went and "pretended" to swing a sledge hammer at his truck, and oops, hit it. Sure that would have gone over like a fart in a space suit.

At the very least him tossing her cue dinged it up. Not only geeks hate dings in their cues.

This is why no one is allowed to use my cue. Get lots of grief for that too...

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a bit of a geek.

But if that was my cue (well I wouldn't let him use it but if it was), I would have rip him a new A-Hole and then some.

I don't think it was malicious, I think it was thoughtless. But if I went and "pretended" to swing a sledge hammer at his truck, and oops, hit it. Sure that would have gone over like a fart in a space suit.

At the very least him tossing her cue dinged it up. Not only geeks hate dings in their cues.

This is why no one is allowed to use my cue. Get lots of grief for that too...

I would not let him use my cue either. It would be a Walabuska for him.