DCC Restaurant Comments anyone?

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Post your experiences with the restaurant this year. I did notice that it was never as busy as it used to be. Everyone eating out now? Has it gotten THAT bad?

First dinner there. Place is empy. Ordered a burger plain cooked medium. Burger came with cheddar and fries cold. I send it back..they scrape off the cheese hoping I wouldnt notice and send the same fries back. Two tries later they get the order right. Never got a ice tea refill. Never.

Lunch. I order Burger with Swiss and Bacon cooked medium. I get a burger with Cheddar and onions. Did they have all this Cheddar cheese they needed to get rid of? I send it back. Again they scrape off the cheese and recook the same burger with Swiss. Now it is well done with Swiss and Onions. They instead go order a side of bacon to bring out to me. I scrape off the onions and put on the bacon on my now cold burger. I also asked for a pickle since they did not have one on the plate. I was charged 45 cents add'l for the pickle that is normally free.:mad: Sheesh. This was in ADDITION to the 45 cents I was charged for the grilled onions I didnt order. So the burgers go from 6 dollars and something up to $8,25 with all these addtional charges for condiments? Took 3 requests to get one ice tea refill. No wonder the place is empty all the time now.

Next dinner. I get the buffet on Saturday? It was Fried Chicken and Mashed potatoes. Got a great waitress (Lesa, I remember her name she was so nice) and the chicken was actually REALLY GOOD. :) Ice tea glass refilled lots of times.

I used to eat 3 meals a day for every day I was at DCC. This year I only ate here 3 times. Do they miss my money or no?

Also was not a fan of the incredibly small menu sheet they printed out for us. Was kind of a pathetic selection. Not even a grilled chicken anymore. That used to be my favorite. :(

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the buffet breakfast and thought it was good. The eggs could have been a little hotter but overall the selection was good. The service was great---but then again it was a buffet and I got my own. LOL

mmaxey

Registered
There are quite a few reallly great restaurants close by. Literally two exits away on bardstown road you will find every kind of dining you can possibly imagine.

Louisville is recognized worldwide as being one of the best restaurant cities in america especially given the size. The food at the DCC however does not follow suit.

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Overheard at the DCC: "If you are hungry, the bowling alley across the street is cheaper and has much better food."

That pretty much sums up the quality of the restaurant in the hotel.

IronDon55

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, Bardstown Road

To echo prior post, on Bardstown Rd (10 minutes away) can find anything you need. I did not eat one time at the Exec West restaurant after expereincing their "food" last year. For something moderate...go to Marks Feedstore ...moderate price and excellent food (bbq ribs, sandwiches)

Tim5000

Silver Member
The host seats me and says I can help myself to the buffet. So far so good. So I go to the buffet and load up on some sort of breaded meat (I think pork cutlet) I return to my table and still no waitress and no drink. So I start eating, and waiting and waiting and waiting for a drink. Still no waitress and I'm half finished with my meal. I noticed about 7 employees behind the counter, ignoring customers and folding napkins, while customer are getting thier own coffee and water (I'm not joking, if you were there then you know about the napkin thing) So I go over to the counter and ask someone to get my waitress to get me a drink. I return to my table and low and behold the bus boy has cleared and re-set my table, my food is gone!

So I get more food, then at last, the waitress brings my drink. I eat, then I go back to the buffet for more pork product. When I return to my table I find the busboy has cleared my table AGAIN! INCLUDING THE PRECIOUS DRINK THAT I HAD WAITED SO LONG FOR! The waitress admitted that the busser had done this 4 times already today to other customers.

It's like there's no supervision or coordination in this place. Everyone seems to be wandering around in a lackadaisical semi-coma!

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
I ate about 9 turkey and swiss sammiches, and arbys probably 7 times. with a cookie here and there.

Tim5000

Silver Member
Oh, and another thing...

At 10:59 pm I called for room service (I was unaware that they closed at 11pm) an older lady answered the phone with the following... rudely yelling "WE"RE CLOSED" thats all she said. Stunned, I said oh...OK, then she hung up in my ear!

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Tim5000 said:
The host seats me and says I can help myself to the buffet. So far so good. So I go to the buffet and load up on some sort of breaded meat (I think pork cutlet) I return to my table and still no waitress and no drink. So I start eating, and waiting and waiting and waiting for a drink. Still no waitress and I'm half finished with my meal. I noticed about 7 employees behind the counter, ignoring customers and folding napkins, while customer are getting thier own coffee and water (I'm not joking, if you were there then you know about the napkin thing) So I go over to the counter and ask someone to get my waitress to get me a drink. I return to my table and low and behold the bus boy has cleared and re-set my table, my food is gone!

So I get more food, then at last, the waitress brings my drink. I eat, then I go back to the buffet for more pork product. When I return to my table I find the busboy has cleared my table AGAIN! INCLUDING THE PRECIOUS DRINK THAT I HAD WAITED SO LONG FOR! The waitress admitted that the busser had done this 4 times already today to other customers.

It's like there's no supervision or coordination in this place. Everyone seems to be wandering around in a lackadaisical semi-coma!
After experiencing that kind of service i'm surprised the Pork wasn't tainted...good for you it wasn't...man what a mess

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
derekdisco said:
I ate about 9 turkey and swiss sammiches, and arbys probably 7 times. with a cookie here and there.

Now thems some good eatens! What, you guys want world-class pool and great service?? C'mon, what was the food and service like in Johnston City?

If it makes anyone feel any better I'm originally from Louisville and I still haven't made it the the DCC yet! Was all set this year with my plane tickets and my entry fee paid and last minute I gotta stay here on the left coast b/c of my job.

Next year everybody's invited to my brother's place for dinner! :D

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I ate in the restaurant one time. Saturday morning breakfast buffet. Me & Danny Harriman. Danny got there first, the waitress notices I joined him and asked what I wanted to drink. We both ate & she was very attentive to Danny wanting multiple cups of coffee. The bill arrives & I tell Danny it is on me. The waitress only charges us for one buffet. Danny hands me my share for the 1/4 of him I had in the bank ring game. I don't see how that meal could have been better.

stunner316

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we ate there 3 times, well almost 3 times. 2 were breakfast buffet. hard to screw that one up. first buffet was good. 2nd the gravy was as thin as water i swear. i laughed and said hell with it im hungry lol. we tried to eat dinner there once but as the 4 of us sat down we waited for about 2o min. for a waitress to take our order and finally decided to get up leave and go to arbys lol. barley got back in time to start my 2nd match in banks. the waiting staff was bad to say the least. we also saw many workers just standing around talking to each other not doing anything. pizza delivery in the room was good though lol.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I ate breakfast there about everyday. Too much of a zombie to go anywhere else. Dinner was a different story.

If the food and service didn't suck it wouldn't be a pool tournament

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the comments I read last year and this year it appears that the restaurant owner may be greedy besides lacking respect to the pool players.

tiptoety

Just call me Ty
Silver Member
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Some of you went back a 3rd time. Don't know a cliche for you guys :D

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
i should have learned my lesson last year
it was terrible
thought i would give them another try this year
hard to believe it could get worse than the previous year but it did!!!
the burgers in the bar are decent
but the service is terrible
i had to TELL the waitress to clean the table
the crap from the previous customer must not have been noticeable to her :rolleyes:
ash trays full
dirty dishes still on table
then the dumb ***** looks at me like i'm from mars when i ask for a menu
forget getting silverware, you have to ask at least twice for it
by the time you get it, you're done eating
refills??? what's that???

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that its an excuse by any means.....

but if I had to "serve" some of the a$$hats in the pool world I would prolly be a little pissy also. 13 days of TRASHING the action room every night, tipping poorly and having a bunch of arrogant men treat me like im worthless. I bet the wait staff hate the derby.

Ian