AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old
  (#46)
kid
billiard mechanic
kid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond reputekid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-26-2019, 10:28 AM

I might be able to help with trading for your casting and gc4 pockets... where in Québec are you located?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#47)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-26-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
I might be able to help with trading for your casting and gc4 pockets... where in Québec are you located?

Now that I'm not so tired, I had to rethink that trading out the pocket castings, won't work unless you modify the rails to mount the pocket casting as the two castings mount to the ends of the rails completely different.

Old
  (#48)
martin35
AzB Silver Member
martin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post

Hello Kid

I'm in Sherbrooke, not far from you. Thank you for the offer, I'll keep it in mind

Thanks

Old
  (#49)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 12:28 PM

Looks outstanding Martin! Here is a pic of one my Anniversary pockets with the screw on pocket insert. I don’t know for sure, but it looks like your pocket-to-rail attachment hardware is the same. The bolts that attach the pocket castings comes up at a 45 degree angle into the rail hardware just like yours, with the only difference I see is that recess and threaded insert in the casting for the pocket attachment screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lawnboy77; 05-26-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Old
  (#50)
martin35
AzB Silver Member
martin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Now that I'm not so tired, I had to rethink that trading out the pocket castings, won't work unless you modify the rails to mount the pocket casting as the two castings mount to the ends of the rails completely different.
If I understand I may have to stick with my pockets without emboss, unless I can have my casting machined to accomodate the emboss. But since I never saw the other type of casting I have no idea what is involved or if it's even possible.

Thanks again

Martin

Old
  (#51)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

05-26-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnboy77 View Post
Looks outstanding Martin! Here is a pic of one my Anniversary pockets with the screw on pocket insert. I don’t know for sure, but it looks like your pocket-to-rail attachment hardware is the same, with the only difference I see is that recess and threaded insert in the casting for the pocket attachment screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Lawn boy

You have posted while I was typing my last post. I agree with you that the onyly visible difference I see is the recess and threaded hole, but I may be completly wrong, I'll let the experts comment.

But if it's really the only difference, I may be able to have my casting modified by a machinist friend, but it's still a long shot.

Later today I'll post a picture of my rails and casting together to feed the discussion.

Very interesting discussion guys, thanks again

Martin

Old
  (#52)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

05-26-2019, 01:01 PM

Here is pictures of my rails and castings and before you say it, I know that my rail facing is too short and should be extended up to the back of the featherstrip . I will have to remake them or at least extend them.

As I said for now I will probably stick with my old pockets and rethink the whole thing. I will have to dismantle the table again next year to finish my basement floor and I can take this opportunity to make any modification if needed.

Your input guys is greatly appreciated and will help me to take my decision for sure.

Martin

Name:  DSCN7654.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  186.0 KB

Name:  DSCN7655.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  188.5 KB

Name:  DSCN7656.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  186.8 KB

Last edited by martin35; 05-26-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Old
  (#53)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Here is pictures of my rails and castings and before you say it, I know that my rail facing is too short and should be extended up to the back of the featherstrip . I will have to remake them or at least extend them.

As I said for now I will probably stick with my old pockets and rethink the whole thing. I will have to dismantle the table again next year to finish my basement floor and I can take this opportunity to make any modification if needed.

Your input guys is greatly appreciated and will help me to take my decision for sure.

Martin

Attachment 521026

Attachment 521027

Attachment 521028
Yeah, you don't have the older castings that have 2 screws coming up from the bottom into the bottom of the rails and a 1/4" bolt mounting the casting to the end of the rails, so yes, yours can be exchanged, you have the newer/old castings which is when the fig 8 nut plate first got started.

Old
  (#54)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

05-26-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Yeah, you don't have the older castings that have 2 screws coming up from the bottom into the bottom of the rails and a 1/4" bolt mounting the casting to the end of the rails, so yes, yours can be exchanged, you have the newer/old castings which is when the fig 8 nut plate first got started.
Thanks RKC, that's good news. Do you know the purpose of the 3 small holes on each side of the casting ? On my previous table (snooker anniversary) there was still some pieces of strings into those holes.

Martin

Final update
Old
  (#55)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

Final update - 08-12-2019, 07:10 AM

Hello Guys

I'm done on my project and enjoy playing pool since around June20th. I'm really happy wth the result even if it's not perfect. For a first time experience, I'm satisfied. Enjoy the pictures :

Some Aluminum polishing, I will probably retouch it donw the road, the result is not as bright as I would like :

Name:  01DSCN7687.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  189.8 KB

Random picture of the recovery, after some trial and error I've been able to stretch it properly. BTW, the Simonis DVD have been invaluable.

Name:  1aDSCN7660.jpg
Size:  186.4 KB

Name:  1bDSCN7664.jpg
Size:  204.7 KB

Name:  1cDSCN7665.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  198.3 KB

Rail have been a nice challenge. Stapling is not perfect but ok. i have some stretch shadow under the cushion, I cannot really see why exactly

Name:  2DSCN7682.jpg
Size:  185.5 KB

Old
  (#56)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

08-12-2019, 07:14 AM

Name:  3DSCN7680.jpg
Size:  188.9 KB

Name:  4DSCN7679.jpg
Size:  185.1 KB

I had barely enough cloth to make the pocket liners, they are a little short, I've also fit and nailed my old pocket.

Name:  5aDSCN7715.jpg
Size:  199.6 KB

Name:  5bDSCN7716.jpg
Size:  199.5 KB

Old
  (#57)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-12-2019, 07:18 AM

Not to bad if I say so myself, good job buddy!!

Old
  (#58)
martin35
AzB Silver Member

08-12-2019, 07:20 AM

Rails final result with MOP installed
Name:  5DSCN7703.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  191.5 KB

Ball rack, I've also made veneered back panel.

Name:  6DSCN7705.jpg
Size:  186.6 KB

Taping and pinstriping :

Name:  DSCN7707.jpg
Size:  189.5 KB

Final result :

Name:  DSCN7717.jpg
Size:  180.0 KB

Name:  DSCN7719 (2).jpg
Size:  181.4 KB

Again I would like to thank the great contibutors on this forum for all the good advices and encouragement. Without you, this project would have been impossible.

Thanks again

Martin

Old
  (#59)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 10:06 AM

Hats off to you sir! Great job and ENJOY that beautiful piece of Billiards History!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#60)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 04:38 PM

Looks fantastic Martin! Thanks for sharing!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: