WOW Factor! Wrapless PH & Ivory Ginacue Rasputin Tribute Cue!!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Wrapless PH & Ivory Rasputin Tribute Cue!!

this listing has been removed due to the juvenile ignorance of people who can't grasp the simple concept of "i'd appreciate any further comments from people who are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue"
this is the wanted/forsale forum not the debate forum isn't it??? I appoligize to those who may have actually been interested in this beautiful cue!!!

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
By "giving credit" you mean the maker paid the originator for his design or asked his permission to use it?

Thanks again

Kevin

I think he meant HE as the seller gave Ernie the credit. I don't think Viatorre gave a lot of thought about that when he made it.

JV (----I know someone that loves Purpleheart and LOVES Ginacue copies. :p

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I think he meant HE as the seller gave Ernie the credit. I don't think Viatorre gave a lot of thought about that when he made it.

JV (----I know someone that loves Purpleheart and LOVES Ginacue copies. :p

Interesting tribute indeed. The seller makes a title that mentions the brand name and the model from the guy who didn't make the cue and NOT the name of the guy who did make the cue. Seems to me someone is trading off another person's fame and design work and calling that a "tribute"?

Kevin

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Interesting tribute indeed. The seller makes a title that mentions the brand name and the model from the guy who didn't make the cue and NOT the name of the guy who did make the cue. Seems to me someone is trading off another person's fame and design work and calling that a "tribute"?

Kevin

Giving Gina due credit for the design, fact is the original owner had Viattorre build it to these specs because he simply couldnt afford to have Ernie build one! Hence the low price!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Giving Gina due credit for the design, fact is the original owner had Viattorre build it to these specs because he simply couldnt afford to have Ernie build one! Hence the low price!

I agree Ernie is due credit for the design, after all, he designed it. I guess I just don't see where copying a guys design, without payment or permission, all the way down to logo placement on the butt cap and cue caps, is giving Ernie any credit at all. Seems to me its just ripping him off and hiding it under the guise of a "tribute". Gucci, Luis Vuitton, Chanel and others pay agents to locate such "tributes" to their work and they run bulldozers over them.

Thanks again

Kevin

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I agree Ernie is due credit for the design, after all, he designed it. I guess I just don't see where copying a guys design, without payment or permission, all the way down to logo placement on the butt cap and cue caps, is giving Ernie any credit at all. Seems to me its just ripping him off and hiding it under the guise of a "tribute". Gucci, Luis Vuitton, Chanel and others pay agents to locate such "tributes" to their work and they run bulldozers over them.

Thanks again

Kevin

I'm a fan of Hoppe style cues myself and collect them, I own 8 of them all built by different cue builders! If what you say was true we wouldn't have many pool cues or pool cue builders.... they all have similar designs in one way or another! You're welcome to your opinion but its as simple as the guy got the cue he wanted in a way that he could afford!
any further comments I'd appreciate them from people who are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue, Thanks in advance! Gerry

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I'm a fan of Hoppe style cues myself and collect them, I own 8 of them all built by different cue builders! If what you say was true we wouldn't have many pool cues or pool cue builders.... they all have similar designs in one way or another! You're welcome to your opinion but its as simple as the guy got the cue he wanted in a way that he could afford!
any further comments I'd appreciate them from people who are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue, Thanks in advance! Gerry

Gerry

Rambow is dead and Ernie is not. If one wanted a Rasputin cue one could order one from a living breathing cue maker, the one that invented this cue, Ernie. Your cue is not built in the style of Ernie, is as an complete copy of a cue Ernie still makes and sells. There's a difference between building a cue based on a style and adding or enhancing it, somehow putting your spin on the design, or just flat completely copying it. If you can't see that, well then you can't, although your vision might be clouded in this case by what you are looking to sell.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Gerry

Rambow is dead and Ernie is not. If one wanted a Rasputin cue one could order one from a living breathing cue maker, the one that invented this cue, Ernie. Your cue is not built in the style of Ernie, is as an complete copy of a cue Ernie still makes and sells. There's a difference between building a cue based on a style and adding or enhancing it, somehow putting your spin on the design, or just flat completely copying it. If you can't see that, well then you can't, although your vision might be clouded in this case by what you are looking to sell.

Thanks

Kevin

I repeat... I'd appreciate any further comments from people that are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue, thanks in advance!
can you grasp that concept... please and thank you!

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Do you know how old it is? Has the finish settled or will I feel inlays etc... later? This is cheap compared to Ernie's prices. I have never heard the term Finish Settling, is it the type of finish used or inferior wood that is still drying and shrinking next to a ring that won't? Please explain the term as I am interested in your cue but concerned about this finish and quality of materials in this $3200 masterpiece that looks like Ernie's but feels like someone elses! Thank You, Ron

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Gerry

Thanks

Kevin

Do you know how old it is? Has the finish settled or will I feel inlays etc... later? This is cheap compared to Ernie's prices. I have never heard the term Finish Settling, is it the type of finish used or inferior wood that is still drying and shrinking next to a ring that won't? Please explain the term as I am interested in your cue but concerned about this finish and quality of materials in this $3200 masterpiece that looks like Ernie's but feels like someone elses! Thank You, Ron

PM sent, thanks for your interest!

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The finish didnt settle unlike Ernie the wood is not aged it shrunk.GO to tars sight watch Ernies interview and see why his shafts take 9 yes 9 years for an hours work

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great cue, love the design.

What's the difference between a tribute and a copy?

Thanks

Kevin

Copy = A recreation of someone else's work/design.

Tribute = A word the person who owns or creates the 'copy' uses to attempt to make their actions acceptable.

Last edited:

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well copy or tribute, either is better than counterfeit. At least it's not being passed off as a real Gina!

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I agree

Well copy or tribute, either is better than counterfeit. At least it's not being passed off as a real Gina!

I agree, tap-tap!

AND I disagree with AZ'rs constant flaming, I know of at least a dozen people it has driven off the site.

Remember the GOLDEN RULE PEOPLE!