Cisero Murphy's biography...

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
As the title suggested, it looks like there's about to be a biography published about the BCA Hall of Famer Cisero Murphy.

$50 seems a bit steep but I bet it's a great read...

On another note, if they ever made this into a movie, who do you think would play a good Murphy?

My vote goes to Donald Glover (the new Lando Calrissian)!

Last edited:

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should be a great read. And hopefully a better movie I will order my copy as soon as possible.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw him on TV but I really don't know much about him

I think the guy who played Geoge Jefferson might do a good job
or Eddie Murphy

We need a good pool movie

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the title suggested, it looks like there about to be a biography published about the BCA Hall of Famer Cisero Murphy.

$50 seems a bit steep but I bet it's a great read...

On another note, if they ever made this into a movie, who do you think would play a good Murphy?

My vote goes to Donald Glover (the new Lando Calrissian)!

Or John Boyega :thumbup:
Nh78ugz.png

JIMMY L

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rob “Forty” Hart

If they ever made this into a movie, who do you think would play a good Murphy?

My vote goes to Rob “Forty” Hart he is a great player and a very smooth cat. He would come into Waldo’s in Daytona many years ago when I worked there looking for some action or just to hit some balls while he was in town. Super nice guy and I never knew he was Kevin Hart’s older brother. He plays that game called "Each" pretty sporty

Attachments

• Rob Hart.jpeg
    Rob Hart.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,153

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
The nephew (maybe son) of Cisero Murphy used to post here often. I believe that his screen name was Mr. Lucky, always looked forward to reading his posts.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Idris Elba is a very fine actor with some style.

Attachments

• Idris Elba.jpg
    Idris Elba.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,102

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
To protect their investment, hollywood would insist on casting bankable actor like Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, or Denzel Washington.

victhestick

Registered
Mr. Murphy played a match in Greensboro N. C. against Luther Lassiter in 1969 or 1970. Race to 1500 in straight pool over 5 days and ten sessions. As I recall Mr Murphy ran 284 balls with the exception of two breakouts where the cue ball was kissed in a pocket for a foul. Back then
the balls did not come apart with just a touch of the rack. Break-out shots were much more explosive, thus increasing the probability of something going wrong. Mr Lassiter won the match.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a 2006 thread about who and what pool movie would you like to see. This was my post then.

"Cicero Murphy. A gritty movie done in black and white of his early years up to his later years. He could not compete in world events until 1965 because of his race...he won a world title on his first attempt... Plenty of story for a movie with some universal appeal as a story of triumph. Other old time greats would be in the movie and if the cast was well chosen, they could be justly done with a good script while not being the main characters. The movie would not be a civil rights preachy movie, but would simply tell his story, what he went through, and how he fit in with the other legends at that time."

Elba is not a bad choice at all...