Your favorite Gold Crown

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which one and why. I like the 1-2-3-4. My fave is the 4 because of the castings and pockets sitting flush on the rails. If you were looking for a GC would it matter if all were in excellent condition. Which number GC. And which finish.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
For me....anything but the threes....although the four needs extra work on installing.
...the four’s pockets are superior to the earlier ones....
...but still vastly inferior to a Diamond.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For me....anything but the threes....although the four needs extra work on installing.
...the four’s pockets are superior to the earlier ones....
...but still vastly inferior to a Diamond.

My 4 was worked on and much better. What’s your beef with the 3’s. I’m only interested in GC’s .... as for the Diamond ... it is all quality. Excellent playability and durability. But ugly as fk and I’m a die hard GC lover. Function first but fashion matters to me for a home table

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like them all but prefer my late GCI …. although all are vastly superior to any Diamond...

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am selling my gold crown 5

it is by far the best made
but the pockets are 4.5 tight

I like loosey goosey Gold crown 1 with blue aprons

but GC5 is the best for serious players

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a GC 3. For having $1000 +/- (with new cloth) verses the $3K for a Diamond.

My GC banks better than any Diamond I have played on. Diamonds seem to always bank short and I have to compensate almost a full diamond...

Ken

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Blatt’s has one. Absolutely a beautiful table.

Attachments

• 7A73B8C8-D12A-4B0D-B3E9-A6F8522CEED4.jpeg
    7A73B8C8-D12A-4B0D-B3E9-A6F8522CEED4.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 461

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 4 was worked on and much better. What’s your beef with the 3’s. I’m only interested in GC’s .... as for the Diamond ... it is all quality. Excellent playability and durability. But ugly as fk and I’m a die hard GC lover. Function first but fashion matters to me for a home table

I also have a 4.

It doesn't piss you off that you can only place the chalk on like an inch wide section without it falling off? I do not like that.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I'm not even a little serious.
45d3f781993d6d9670a2ac62cb226414.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
6e2af4f493be96dc3642b35fcf9954f1.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

The GC3s is when I lost a lot faith in Brunswick.
I could buy rubber for as low as $36 20 years ago...but it would go dead in 2 or 3 years.
paid about four times as much for Brunswick Superspeed....went dead in two years.

A friend bought 10 new GC3s for his room...the rails went dead in a couple years also.
...so I felt Brunswick was putting their label on the cheap $36 rubber....it felt the same.

When I was young and traveling, I was happy to see a Gold Crown or an Anniversary...
...started on an old Brunswick Monarch....the quality left as they became more concerned
with the value of their stock....I feel there are no more billiard lovers with Brunswick.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The GC3s is when I lost a lot faith in Brunswick.
I could buy rubber for as low as $36 20 years ago...but it would go dead in 2 or 3 years.
paid about four times as much for Brunswick Superspeed....went dead in two years.

A friend bought 10 new GC3s for his room...the rails went dead in a couple years also.
...so I felt Brunswick was putting their label on the cheap $36 rubber....it felt the same.

When I was young and traveling, I was happy to see a Gold Crown or an Anniversary...
...started on an old Brunswick Monarch....the quality left as they became more concerned
with the value of their stock....I feel there are no more billiard lovers with Brunswick.
As for losing faith..... a few rails on my 4 turned to cement... the lifetime warranty is pathetic.
But I’m asking which is your favorite assuming the table is up to par. And if I got a 1-2-3 I’d have it rebuilt/restored. The white/blue or all white is real nice but there is nothing like Mahogany or Walnut.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Spot on Paul.

I have played on all types of Gold Crowns for nigh on 50 years and truly love the tables but once I bought a Diamond Pro I never looked back. It seems to me that Brunswick is producing pool tables because of historic pressure and not because they want to make a perfect playing/looking table. I will admit I love the looks of the 5's and from I have seen the 6's are great also but that's where it ends for me.

I like the toughness of play on the Diamonds although with 11 year old Simonis cloth and failing eyes my table punishes me.:embarrassed2:

I love the looks of the 5 the best.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
As for losing faith..... a few rails on my 4 turned to cement... the lifetime warranty is pathetic.
But I’m asking which is your favorite assuming the table is up to par. And if I got a 1-2-3 I’d have it rebuilt/restored. The white/blue or all white is real nice but there is nothing like Mahogany or Walnut.

GCI or II.....I've played on some that were gorgeous.
....but the billiard mechanic probably had a lot to do with it.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... as for the Diamond ... it is all quality. Excellent playability and durability. But ugly as fk and I’m a die hard GC lover. Function first but fashion matters to me for a home table

I imagine it's the Diamond Pro-Am and Diamond Smart tables that you find ugly. The Diamond Professional is a good looking table.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
my favorite would be any one thats in my house......:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I imagine it's the Diamond Pro-Am and Diamond Smart tables that you find ugly. The Diamond Professional is a good looking table.

Brunswick has made some beautiful tables....

D3279DFF-1F24-4BD3-A87E-2E3FA9CD9DFA.jpeg

It wouldn’t take much to make a Diamond that good looking.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Brunswick has made some beautiful tables....

View attachment 523999

It wouldn’t take much to make a Diamond that good looking.

I've only played a few Diamond tables and found them to be just fine. It bugs me a little that the style of the Professional is such a blatant copy of the classic Gold Crown. If I was to buy a Diamond I'd buy a Pro Am which I think in the right room setting is a very handsome table.

Still, with all the relatively cheap and very restoreable Gold Crowns out there it is the better choice for a home table for most without unlimited funds.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the negative on Brunswick GC is the cost of new ones.

I thought they were around the $10K mark. That is crazy. Correct me if I have this wrong.

I am a fan of the GC1, 2 or 3. You can pick them up for nothing, and with a little cash and work, you have a table that will last a lifetime and be a great table.

I am like most stated, the Diamond Professional is a nice looking table, the Brunswick and Diamond tables with HUGE NAME logos are a turn off for me.

Ken