Any Good Books Coming Out?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, this is very true.

And some PSRs will allow you to play pretty well. BUT, if you want to play at your highest speed you have to abandon those and a player must seek out the PSR that delivers what you've alluded to.

Lou Figueroa

I know for a fact that Efren and Dennis and Buste use your system, Lou. They gave me a WTF? look when I asked them about it but everybody knows that the Filipinos don't give up any secrets. I gave them a wink and a nod...

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/xvDjpO39B9I?t=43
Can't get much better than that .

I like this guy's channel. Been a subscriber for quite some time. The straightforward approach is excellent, visualizing the line and then stepping into it, bringing your cue onto the line (usually sweeping it from one side or the other, not awkwardly straight down like a drawbridge). This method works well for snookee players, where the margin for error makes playing pool look sloppy, so it makes sense that the same straightforward method should work very well for pool players too.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I know for a fact that Efren and Dennis and Buste use your system, Lou. They gave me a WTF? look when I asked them about it but everybody knows that the Filipinos don't give up any secrets. I gave them a wink and a nod...

You're evil!:grin:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've played Efren and Buste so it's possible they saw what I was doing and stole it.

Lou Figueroa
probably shared it
with Dennis

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played Efren and Buste so it's possible they saw what I was doing and stole it.

Lou Figueroa
probably shared it
with Dennis

My claim to fame is having a winning record against Max Eberle. I just have to make sure I never play him again! :smile:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Christmas is right around the corner. Anybody know of any good instructional books on billiards coming out in time? I already have Mark Wilson's Play Great Pool and Brian Crist's Poolology. Those are the most recent books that have useful concepts in them that I am aware of.
Heard rumor of a book titled "How Not to be a Complete D^*k on On-line Forums". Outta be a huge seller. ;)

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pool World has been struck extremely hard by Writer's Block.

"Writer's block" is a condition, primarily associated with writing, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work, or experiences a creative slowdown. The loss of ability to write and produce new work is not only a result of commitment problems or lack of writing skills.[1] The condition ranges from difficulty in coming up with original ideas to being unable to produce a work for years. Writer's block is not solely measured by time passing without writing. It is measured by time passing without productivity in the task at hand.[1]

Throughout history, writer's block has been a documented problem.[2]

Professionals who have struggled with the affliction include authors such as F. Scott Fitzgerald[3] and Joseph Mitchell,[4] comic strip cartoonist Charles M. Schulz,[5] composer Sergei Rachmaninoff,[6] and songwriter Adele.[7] - Wikipedia

Well, thank goodness! At least Wikipedia understands.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pool World has been struck extremely hard by Writer's Block.

"Writer's block" is a condition, primarily associated with writing, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work, or experiences a creative slowdown. The loss of ability to write and produce new work is not only a result of commitment problems or lack of writing skills.[1] The condition ranges from difficulty in coming up with original ideas to being unable to produce a work for years. Writer's block is not solely measured by time passing without writing. It is measured by time passing without productivity in the task at hand.[1]

Throughout history, writer's block has been a documented problem.[2]

Professionals who have struggled with the affliction include authors such as F. Scott Fitzgerald[3] and Joseph Mitchell,[4] comic strip cartoonist Charles M. Schulz,[5] composer Sergei Rachmaninoff,[6] and songwriter Adele.[7] - Wikipedia

Well, thank goodness! At least Wikipedia understands.

What's it called when the editor has been editing for 2 years?

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
I just wish Stan would release his CTE Book! He has been talking about it for years, promising everything but we have no idea when it will come out :(

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wish Stan would release his CTE Book! He has been talking about it for years, promising everything but we have no idea when it will come out :(

Two thoughts;

1.) Be careful what you wish for.

2.) Live in hope, die in despair.

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
I don't think it's going to happen.

He is definately not helping the CTE cause by pusing his book release. I mean he is on social media talking about CTE every other day, but refers to his upcoming truth series and book that has yet to come.

I actually think he is close to releasing everything, but hell, what do I know!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He is definately not helping the CTE cause by pusing his book release. I mean he is on social media talking about CTE every other day, but refers to his upcoming truth series and book that has yet to come.

I actually think he is close to releasing everything, but hell, what do I know!

I thought it's all in the hands of the publisher.

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
I thought it's all in the hands of the publisher.

Exactly. I read somewhere he did review the edits and pictures selected by the editor. That's why I think we are close to see it released. But close could be a few more months I guess, I don't know