Better than wrinkles, I suppose.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Looking at a half dozen pictures from the event it appears that the tables were all done that way. Other than being a bit reminiscent of camel toe, is it an issue really?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It most likely does not affect play, but, there is no reason to do it that way. I watched some of the matches on youtube. Tables seemed to play nice! I love the way they look that is for sure!

Trent :thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It most likely does not affect play, but, there is no reason to do it that way. I watched some of the matches on youtube. Tables seemed to play nice! I love the way they look that is for sure!

Trent :thumbup:

If an installer can't install the rail cloth right what makes you believe they can install the bed cloth correctly?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If an installer can't install the rail cloth right what makes you believe they can install the bed cloth correctly?

I cant say for sure. I was not there. You cannot say for a fact either because you were not there.

Watching the matches, the tables appeared to play just fine. The guy that won is a CPBA Pro!

Trent

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I cant say for sure. I was not there. You cannot say for a fact either because you were not there.

Watching the matches, the tables appeared to play just fine. The guy that won is a CPBA Pro!

Trent

You have a bad habit of judging pool tables playing "fine" with new cloth installed. I wonder what the side pockets look like, didn't see them either, but would be willing to bet they weren't recovered right either, so that being said, I'd be willing to be the bed cloth wasn't stretched tightly or stretch indexed....I don't have to be there to see it to know I'm right, 38 years of working on pool tables has taught me that...... if its taught me anything!!!!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You have a bad habit of judging pool tables playing "fine" with new cloth installed. I wonder what the side pockets look like, didn't see them either, but would be willing to bet they weren't recovered right either, so that being said, I'd be willing to be the bed cloth wasn't stretched tightly or stretch indexed....I don't have to be there to see it to know I'm right, 38 years of working on pool tables has taught me that...... if its taught me anything!!!!

I am sure the people who played in the tournament made the best of it. :)
You just wanna argue about nothing :) I don't mind. Get out an play some pool you rowdy ole snake!!!

Trent from Toledo

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Glen and I don't always see eye to eye.. In this case, I fully agree with about everything that he's stated in this thread. Spot on, RKC.

How much revenue would be gained by sponsoring ANY 'Professional' pool player? How would you quantify it?

Fact is, these companies make far more revenue by sponsoring tournaments. If sponsorship isn't gaining your company revenue, why do it?

Glen is right: without a players organization, there is NO incentive to sponsoring players. Marketing expenses will net far greater value, used in other ways.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Glen and I don't always see eye to eye.. In this case, I fully agree with about everything that he's stated in this thread. Spot on, RKC.

How much revenue would be gained by sponsoring ANY 'Professional' pool player? How would you quantify it?

Fact is, these companies make far more revenue by sponsoring tournaments. If sponsorship isn't gaining your company revenue, why do it?

Glen is right: without a players organization, there is NO incentive to sponsoring players. Marketing expenses will net far greater value, used in other ways.

Agree all you want, but, he is wrong about auto racing and the rest are just opinions, not facts. There is no "right" or "wrong"... The market will dictate what happens over time and none of us can predict that.

My question is: why are the chinese creating these "teams"? Predator, Rasson and CPBA Cloth have teams with lots of well known players. There are some american Cue manufacturers that do as well. I wonder what kind of sponsorships these are: just equipment or actual endorsement checks?

IMO, Matchroom is not even from this country, we can count them out for creating an organization. Who will take on this task? I know Glen has some great ideas about how to bring pool to a better place and I hope they pan out. The Netflix idea is awesome for the concept and other platforms are already featuring sporting events, youtube, Amazon Video just to name a couple.

The big question is this: How do we get the masses to WATCH and play the game? Viewers are needed to gain interest of sponsors. ESPN has had pool on in many varieties and to no avail. Barely any coverage anymore.

APA has a HUGE member base and so do quite a few other leagues, but, I also think they overlap, as in players play in more than one league. Is this enough people to attract bigger sponsors?

I have mentioned this before: I have been skateboarding since 1985 and still get out there when I can. Skateboarding made it into the Olympics finally (summer 2020) and since then every big shoe manufacturer has poured money into the sport. Compared to the past, skaters are able to make an actual living off of just their shoe sponsor.

Cue sports are trying very hard to get into the Olympics for 2024, I think this would help immensely! The world is a very large market and pool/ cue sports are doing very well in Asia and Europe. What is the hold up here??

Not trying to argue. Just looking for opinions. I have hear nothing that shows a prominent direction so far.

Trent from Toledo

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Agree all you want, but, he is wrong about auto racing and the rest are just opinions, not facts. There is no "right" or "wrong"... The market will dictate what happens over time and none of us can predict that.

My question is: why are the chinese creating these "teams"? Predator, Rasson and CPBA Cloth have teams with lots of well known players. There are some american Cue manufacturers that do as well. I wonder what kind of sponsorships these are: just equipment or actual endorsement checks?

IMO, Matchroom is not even from this country, we can count them out for creating an organization. Who will take on this task? I know Glen has some great ideas about how to bring pool to a better place and I hope they pan out. The Netflix idea is awesome for the concept and other platforms are already featuring sporting events, youtube, Amazon Video just to name a couple.

The big question is this: How do we get the masses to WATACH and play the game? Viewers are needed to gain interest of sponsors. ESPN has had pool on in many varieties and to no avail. Barely any coverage anymore.

APA has a HUGE member base and so do quite a few other leagues, but, I also think they overlap, as in players play in more than one league. Is this enough people to attract bigger sponsors?

I have mentioned this before: I have been skateboarding since 1985 and still get out there when I can. Skateboarding made it into the Olympics finally (summer 2020) and since then every big shoe manufacturer has poured money into the sport. Compared to the past, skaters are able to make an actual living off of just their shoe sponsor.

Cue sports are trying very hard to get into the Olympics for 2024, I think this would help immensely! The world is a very large market and pool/ cue sports are doing very well in Asia and Europe. What is the hold up here??

Not trying to argue. Just looking for opinions. I have hear nothing that shows a prominent direction so far.

Trent from Toledo

First of all, you just don't get it. NO sponsors are going to straighten out and organize an industry just so they can then step in and sponsor the prize money.....not one! That's NOT their role. As far as China goes, again you just don't get it. Everything China does is geared towards SALES.....wake the hell up!!! Brunswick did that for years!!!! This god damn industry is built on SALES, not on "what about the sport" and "what about the players" Pool leagues are all about organized SALES with money finding it's way back the the top, where does it go from there if NOT into someone's pocket!!!!

WHY do you think Rasson BUYS it's way into the Masconi Cup with its pool tables???? For SALES and NO other reason!!! That's why Diamond no longer supports that event, because they REFUSE to buy into the SALES event!

Tell me something Trent, WHY is the US Open and ANY OTHER MAJOR pool venue NOT using Rasson pool tables???? YOU say they're doing a lot to support pool, so, why are their pool tables NOT being used???? If you can't figure that out, I'll help you out. Because Rasson is NOT going to turn 16, 20, or 60 brand new 9fts into USED tables and take them back home after the event!! The ONLY way you'd EVER see that many Rasson tables used IN ANY event....is if someone BOUGHT the tables BEFORE the event took place....and that's it!!! Diamond on the other hand, supplies the tables requardless of the table count, then takes them back after the event is over, except for the ones sold during the event. Diamond does NOT require the tables to be presold....THAT IS SUPPORTING THIS SPORT!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

The big question is this: How do we get the masses to WATACH and play the game? Viewers are needed to gain interest of sponsors. ESPN has had pool on in many varieties and to no avail. Barely any coverage anymore.

Trent from Toledo
Trent, you yourself are all about sales as well. In your own words, you can't wait to see what this new Rasson table is like, because if you like it....you'll then be able to offer 3 different kinds of tables for sale....Brunswick's, Rasson's and Diamond's. Yet 2 of those brands do nothing for this industry except give you the opportunity to make money....youre no different than China buddy!! Because if you decide to market the Rasson tables, you'll do it as it's the official table of the Mosconi Cup in order to help sell it, but not even consider so were the Diamonds and Brunswicks in the past.

That's where I'm different than everyone else, I'm working towards how to solve the problems with this sport from the players standpoint, not a sales position. And if I can pull off what I'm after, trust me, there won't be anyone from the billiards industry getting a free ride from my program, and none of them will have enough money to buy their way in either!!!

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent, you yourself are all about sales as well. In your own words, you can't wait to see what this new Rasson table is like, because if you like it....you'll then be able to offer 3 different kinds of tables for sale....Brunswick's, Rasson's and Diamond's. Yet 2 of those brands do nothing for this industry except give you the opportunity to make money....youre no different than China buddy!! Because if you decide to market the Rasson tables, you'll do it as it's the official table of the Mosconi Cup in order to help sell it, but not even consider so were the Diamonds and Brunswicks in the past.

That's where I'm different than everyone else, I'm working towards how to solve the problems with this sport from the players standpoint, not a sales position. And if I can pull off what I'm after, trust me, there won't be anyone from the billiards industry getting a free ride from my program, and none of them will have enough money to buy their way in either!!!

I love what I do and I am very lucky to be able to make a living as a small business owner to support myself, my wife and 16 month old little girl, but, I WORK MY ASS OFF.

Without sales, there would be no industry. Brunswick, Diamond and Rasson: All of them are in business to make money. Who knows if Brunswick will even be around in a couple of years. Diamond is doing great and I think Rasson will be a part of the industry whether anyone likes it or not.

So really, please stop acting like making money is a bad thing. Even your netflix concept is based on SALES.... Now I do understand that you are interested in helping the Professionals more and I am all for that as well. I think anyone who understands the industry will agree that it is far to hard for Pro's to make a decent living.

The Olympics could be HUGE for pool. Whether you agree with that or not does not matter. It could also flop and not gain any attention at all.

I have been very open and honest about selling the Rasson brand: IF it is a good product. I have an Imperial Account and can order them tomorrow if I want. I believe their tables have come a long way in a short time. I will have my chance to check them out in January. I don't care what anyone says about them until I see them for myself and play on them. I am spending a whole day in 2 different places to do so.

How all this plays out? Who knows. I know I am going to be working in this industry for as long as I can, my business keeps growing every year. I am 44 and have 7 years in now. I am always learning new stuff and have a long road to travel.

I agree with what you are trying to do, will everyone else? I can't say because I do not have a crystal ball!

What I won't do is argue about this anymore.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I love what I do and I am very lucky to be able to make a living as a small business owner to support myself, my wife and 16 month old little girl, but, I WORK MY ASS OFF.

Without sales, there would be no industry. Brunswick, Diamond and Rasson: All of them are in business to make money. Who knows if Brunswick will even be around in a couple of years. Diamond is doing great and I think Rasson will be a part of the industry whether anyone likes it or not.

So really, please stop acting like making money is a bad thing. Even your netflix concept is based on SALES.... Now I do understand that you are interested in helping the Professionals more and I am all for that as well. I think anyone who understands the industry will agree that it is far to hard for Pro's to make a decent living.

The Olympics could be HUGE for pool. Whether you agree with that or not does not matter. It could also flop and not gain any attention at all.

I have been very open and honest about selling the Rasson brand: IF it is a good product. I have an Imperial Account and can order them tomorrow if I want. I believe their tables have come a long way in a short time. I will have my chance to check them out in January. I don't care what anyone says about them until I see them for myself and play on them. I am spending a whole day in 2 different places to do so.

How all this plays out? Who knows. I know I am going to be working in this industry for as long as I can, my business keeps growing every year. I am 44 and have 7 years in now. I am always learning new stuff and have a long road to travel.

I agree with what you are trying to do, will everyone else? I can't say because I do not have a crystal ball!

What I won't do is argue about this anymore.

Trent from Toledo
Just understand that when you point out who supports this industry it bugs me when you can't see through the smoke and mirrors and see it for what it really is. Everyone takes, no one puts back, which is why my plan to fix this sport is the only one that will work. But I'm not taking suggestions from anyone as to how I plan on doing things, nothing is up for vote, that way I know I can keep my plans on course. Once I turn the control of this industry over to the right management, I'll be able to retire for good and not have to look back. And yes, I'll give the powers that be access to all the prize money they can handle, but keep enough control over the system as to insure it can't be misguided or taken advantage of for personal gain by anyone who's hired to do their jobs. Greed is NOT going to be allowed, which is why overall it'll be a privately owned business, under my guidance.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
"We were talking about pool and how the pool industry barely supports the Professional Player."<< What we were talking about. Seems we agree on something. :thumbup:

Happy we got back to the focus of what we were talking about :)

Trent

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Watching you two is like watching pro wrestling sometimes.

My sister dated a table mechanic for a while...talked about marriage, told me she had found Mr. Right. Then it suddenly ended. She found out his middle name was Always.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Watching you two is like watching pro wrestling sometimes.

My sister dated a table mechanic for a while...talked about marriage, told me she had found Mr. Right. Then it suddenly ended. She found out his middle name was Always.

It's all in good fun, we were battling via text after we stopped here! :)

Trent from Toledo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's all in good fun, we were battling via text after we stopped here! :)

Trent from Toledo
I know you know I'm in MI. I actually also lived in Toledo for 4 years but that was probably before you were born. The only pool I remember playing back then was at the University student union. Gold crowns if I remember correctly.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Toledo Trent Said.......

The big question is this: How do we get the masses to WATCH and play the game?

Celebrity Pool
Pro Host(s)
Popular Weekly Guest(s)
Tips, Lessons, friendly trash talk, jokes, a Trick Shot Sequence at the end.

Dr. Billiards Traveling Trick Shot Show
Setup a pool table in a mall where people can view from balconies.
Have a Trick Shot Artist amaze the crowd.
Have the crowd signup for a raffle. (Send buy one hour, get one hour coupons, happy hours notices, etc.)
Give away some cues and a soft case. Include a couple of free lessons.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I know you know I'm in MI. I actually also lived in Toledo for 4 years but that was probably before you were born. The only pool I remember playing back then was at the University student union. Gold crowns if I remember correctly.

I am 44. MissCue South, I recently restored all their GC3's, revamped all 12 Valleys and 2 restored Diamond Professionals. Racktime, I also maintain all their Diamonds 14- 7's and 2- 9's. I am about to start MissCue Norths tables next week. Same as their South location. I don't think UT has any pool tables anymore:(

Anytime you would like to come down and shoot you are welcome to be my guest. I buy lunch and pool time!:thumbup:

Trent