"the game changers"

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you got netflix, check out "the game changers"
also gamechangersmovie.com

"a revolutionary new documentary about meat, protein, and strength"

a lot of pro athletes behind this one..pool playas?

(ps ahnold got a table in his office..buff)

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably the best vegan documentary ever produced. The science however is a bunch of BS.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I strongly suggest you listen to this episode of Joe Rogan Experience. They dissect this documentary and break down the lies and exaggerations in it.

https://youtu.be/Dq4Apc2Xk7Q

Less than a week after this was made one of the films producers, James Wilks, comes on to debate them about the film. He is a total asshole. This was a great opportunity for him to dispel any misconceptions about the film, instead he just acts like a coked up roid head. So much for spreading his positive message...

https://youtu.be/s0zgNY_kqlI

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
I strongly suggest you listen to this episode of Joe Rogan Experience. They dissect this documentary and break down the lies and exaggerations in it.

https://youtu.be/Dq4Apc2Xk7Q

Less than a week after this was made one of the films producers, James Wilks, comes on to debate them about the film. He is a total asshole. This was a great opportunity for him to dispel any misconceptions about the film, instead he just acts like a coked up roid head. So much for spreading his positive message...

https://youtu.be/s0zgNY_kqlI

Totally Agree! Wasted nearly 4 hours on the Wilks rebuttal and learned very little about the pros & cons of meat. But did learn that Wilks is a world class A**hole who has a hard on for forest plots.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meat or no meat?

Did it say yes or no to meat? I'm not going to quit eating Alaska's wonderful fish, moose and caribou meat. Damn sure can't quit bacon.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did it say yes or no to meat? I'm not going to quit eating Alaska's wonderful fish, moose and caribou meat. Damn sure can't quit bacon.

It’s a pro Vegan documentary made by James Cameron. Oh and guess what, James Cameron also has a vegan food company, funny how that works....

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 72, been carnivore for almost two years since learning I was pre-diabetic. Lost over forty pounds, and all blood markers are now in the normal range. A1C is 5.6 with no meds, just diet and a 30 minute walk (hey, I'm running, too). Noticed something was up, so I asked them to add T to my blood work. It's 521, normal for a guy half my age.

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 72, been carnivore for almost two years since learning I was pre-diabetic. Lost over forty pounds, and all blood markers are now in the normal range. A1C is 5.6 with no meds, just diet and a 30 minute walk (hey, I'm running, too). Noticed something was up, so I asked them to add T to my blood work. It's 521, normal for a guy half my age.
A diet at a caloric maintenance or a slight deficit will do you good no matter if it's vegan, Mediterranean, carnivore, Atkins, Paleo etc. It's when you eat in a surplus and disregard exercise, that's when you run into problems.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably the best vegan documentary ever produced. The science however is a bunch of BS.

hey str8, for the same reasons outlined in the links ben posted or ?
am curious to know what you think is bs

I'm definitely still in research mode
good "food for thought" tho
food is fuel..crucial to our health
worth considering

thanks all for the replies

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I dropped NF as soon as Comrade Barry and his b^*ch became involved with programming. I guess i'll just have to miss this. Waaa.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
A diet at a caloric maintenance or a slight deficit will do you good no matter if it's vegan, Mediterranean, carnivore, Atkins, Paleo etc. It's when you eat in a surplus and disregard exercise, that's when you run into problems.

Spot on.
The less you eat, the longer you live, "generally speaking ".
Exceptions to every rule, but it holds across the board for 99% of us.
Avoiding processed foods, is the biggest hurdle you have to overcome when it comes to "healthy diet".

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spot on.
The less you eat, the longer you live, "generally speaking ".
Exceptions to every rule, but it holds across the board for 99% of us.
Avoiding processed foods, is the biggest hurdle you have to overcome when it comes to "healthy diet".
Easy to eat too little as well. Have to balance intake with your activity regimen. You can lose muscle mass quick by not eating enough.

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey str8, for the same reasons outlined in the links ben posted or ?

am curious to know what you think is bs

I'm definitely still in research mode

good "food for thought" tho

food is fuel..crucial to our health

worth considering

thanks all for the replies
I'm familiar with kresser but I haven't watched the interview with Rogan. The message of the documentary is that a vegan diet is "better" for EVERYONE and especially athletes. The research they site to validate their point is only one side of the coin. Going from a western diet of overconsumption and junk to a diet that is loaded with micronutrient dense foods will do everyone good. Rule of thumb with anyone wanting to be healthier is to eat in a caloric maintenance or slight deficit and exercise regularly. There are 3 macronutrients, those are protein, carbohydrate and fat. The bulk of your diet should always be higher in protein as it has the greatest thermogenic effect. High protein moderate carb and low fat or high protein low carb moderate fat. Either will do you good, high carb high fat will cause problems.

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easy to eat too little as well. Have to balance intake with your activity regimen. You can lose muscle mass quick by not eating enough.
"starvation mode" isn't a thing until you reach below 10% body fat.

plague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just did a month vegan to see how body responds
felt good, energy good
good marker is when i do 4-hour snooker commentary
normally i'll have a dip of energy in the booth
now not

but...as someone here stated, same with low (only complex) carb eating (no bread, rice,potatoes etc)

best is awareness and moderation

stopped doing vegan. i miss cheese and eggs and kefir
will at some probably eat some meat and fish but now no urge

#biohacking
#wimhof

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I watched the film, really enjoyed it. If nothing else it opens ones mind to other possibilities and ways of sustaining ourselves. We all have our personal biases and/or paradigms on many issues, and I would just encourage people to watch the documentary/movie to open their paradigm a little. I did, and found the results to be very interesting and worthy of more effort and study toward a more healthy and energetic way of living.

The podcasts to me, (I couldn't stomach watching all the way through either) were tremendously biased in their own way and while they seemed to want to be objective to a point, failed miserably in their effort.

Being an older adult, I am very interested in energy levels as it pertains to playing this game we enjoy. This subject and the possibilities it opens up are intriguing to me.

This could just turn into another aiming thread!

td