Navigator tips/chalk

arend003

Registered
I have the Navigator Alpha medium tip and it is nice but it doesn't seem to hold the chalk at all. I am using silver cup chalk at the moment is there a better chalk for this tip? Never had this problem with Talisman tips.
Thanks
Tom

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have the Navigator Alpha medium tip and it is nice but it doesn't seem to hold the chalk at all. I am using silver cup chalk at the moment is there a better chalk for this tip? Never had this problem with Talisman tips.
Thanks
Tom

You may want to try Magic Chalk. It holds well to many different types of tips.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Silver cup chalk is not very good.
Try Blue diamond chalk or Russian magic chalk.
The two above are the best in my opinion.

Or any other premium chalk you can get.

knicks

Registered
Navigator Alpha Med/Soft

I used the Navigator Alpha Med for over one year.
This is a very hard Med rated tip
No problem at all with holding chalk.
Just kept the tip shaped/scuffed with a Last for Ever Tip Tool.
Virtually no miscues
Presently using Blue Diamond Chalk
Now using the Alpha Soft
Same results

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So does any body have an opinion on tan/camel colored chalk that would be better then silver cup?

On the one occasion I tried Silver cup, it was powdery and was messy. I don't recall any miscues or chalking issues at the time but I recall my other friends were generally not impressed by it and we steered clear since.

These days, I use Predator and Blue Diamond with Tiger Everest M, Kamui Clear Black S/SS and Predator Victory M tips and have never had any issues with chalking or tip condition. That said, I do prep my tips so they hold chalk extremely well.

If camel is a must, try Masters?. Not sure if color makes that much of a difference but Master Green/Blue has always been a great club chalk.