I really like them

Does any one else prefer them

I have heard the older ones are best
if so I want to buy a box or so

they make my cue feel solid

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like them too and use them on my playing shafts. Hits great and seem to be rather simple to cherry pick the good ones from the box judging the exposed leather on the dome. Well worth the price without a doubt :wink:

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
VINTAGE (Pre-1990) 15mm Triangle and LE-Pro Tips

I have installed about 300 of these Tips over the Past 5 years. I had 1 blow up on me, otherwise, these tips play GREAT!!---Install, Cutting, Shaping--With these tips. the extra thickness and width of the 15mm makes all the difference in the world, You have time and environment that does affect the walls of the tip but with the extra material that is cut away, you get consistant and quality leather and tanning materials all the way through the tip, from the beginning of its install to the end of its life.

I had a reasonable amount of Pre-1990 Inventory up until about 2 years ago and then I started using these more and more as Customers were coming back and asking for the--Specific 15mm Lepro and Sometimes the 15mm Triangles from the Pre-1990 Inventory.

I came across a McDermott Dealer on Ebay that had the 15mm Inventory and I found out that he had--1980 Stock of 15mm Tips and that there condition was of high quality,

I ordered 50 Tips for him and then another 250 and everything was AWESOME and I had The CueMan-- Customers as well as my own Personal cues that I shoot with that Asked for the Pre-1990 LePro and Triangles that I had acquired from this dealer on Ebay.

Anyway, the new stuff--LePro and Traingle Tips, even the 15mm are CRAP-- in My opinion. I have other cue repairman who have bought a box and out of a box of 50 in a 14mm Box, you might get 8 to 15 tips that are of quality to put the time on to do a quality tip install. On the 15mm Boxes you might get Half of the 40 Tips that were acceptable in quality, but with these, time was the only way to tell if they would hold up and be good are not over a month or so. Also, over time the newer tips would harden up.

So, to end this update, I contacted the Ebay McDermott Dealer and worked a deal to buy everything he had from his old shop and I purchased, like 5000 TIPS, yes that is Thousands and I was happy to get them. That shows you how I like these tips and happy to turn my Pool Playing Customers onto them.

Just so you understand, I do up charge my customer for these tips but my customers have the LARGEST and MOST EXTENSIVE Tip inventory to choose from when they deal with me on Tip Installation,

I have over 100 different TIPS in stock at all times, Tips that are in Cigar Humidors that have been environmentally controlled so that leather tips can last almost--indefinitely. I have Champion Tips from the 1960s, French Tips from the 1950s and 1960s, 1970 BB--Chandivert tips, 1994 First Generation Moori Tips, to all the tips through the 1990s and 2000s to the Newest--Zan, Navigator, Tiger Product, Moori Product, Kamuii, SIB, Ultraskin On and On and On AND ON!!

I don't want to loose a customer that wants a specific tip---I haveBar Customers that Pay--$8.00 for a tip installed, $20 for a tip installed, have Customers that pay $50 for a tip installed and I have people that pay $100 for JUST A TIP--NOT INSTALLED,

I have never believed that Price makes a BETTER TIP but of course I also know that Pool Tip Preference is like AXXHOLES, everyone has one just like everyone has an opinion and whatever that opinion is, ITS NOT RIGHT OR WRONG,, IT JUST IS!!

Hope this helps and gives you another choice and opinion into a subject matter that will go on FOREVER,

RESPECTFULLY

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

d

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have installed about 300 of these Tips over the Past 5 years. I had 1 blow up on me, otherwise, these tips play GREAT!!---Install, Cutting, Shaping--With these tips. the extra thickness and width of the 15mm makes all the difference in the world, You have time and environment that does affect the walls of the tip but with the extra material that is cut away, you get consistant and quality leather and tanning materials all the way through the tip, from the beginning of its install to the end of its life.

I had a reasonable amount of Pre-1990 Inventory up until about 2 years ago and then I started using these more and more as Customers were coming back and asking for the--Specific 15mm Lepro and Sometimes the 15mm Triangles from the Pre-1990 Inventory.

I came across a McDermott Dealer on Ebay that had the 15mm Inventory and I found out that he had--1980 Stock of 15mm Tips and that there condition was of high quality,

I ordered 50 Tips for him and then another 250 and everything was AWESOME and I had The CueMan-- Customers as well as my own Personal cues that I shoot with that Asked for the Pre-1990 LePro and Triangles that I had acquired from this dealer on Ebay.

Anyway, the new stuff--LePro and Traingle Tips, even the 15mm are CRAP-- in My opinion. I have other cue repairman who have bought a box and out of a box of 50 in a 14mm Box, you might get 8 to 15 tips that are of quality to put the time on to do a quality tip install. On the 15mm Boxes you might get Half of the 40 Tips that were acceptable in quality, but with these, time was the only way to tell if they would hold up and be good are not over a month or so. Also, over time the newer tips would harden up.

So, to end this update, I contacted the Ebay McDermott Dealer and worked a deal to buy everything he had from his old shop and I purchased, like 5000 TIPS, yes that is Thousands and I was happy to get them. That shows you how I like these tips and happy to turn my Pool Playing Customers onto them.

Just so you understand, I do up charge my customer for these tips but my customers have the LARGEST and MOST EXTENSIVE Tip inventory to choose from when they deal with me on Tip Installation,

I have over 100 different TIPS in stock at all times, Tips that are in Cigar Humidors that have been environmentally controlled so that leather tips can last almost--indefinitely. I have Champion Tips from the 1960s, French Tips from the 1950s and 1960s, 1970 BB--Chandivert tips, 1994 First Generation Moori Tips, to all the tips through the 1990s and 2000s to the Newest--Zan, Navigator, Tiger Product, Moori Product, Kamuii, SIB, Ultraskin On and On and On AND ON!!

I don't want to loose a customer that wants a specific tip---I haveBar Customers that Pay--$8.00 for a tip installed, $20 for a tip installed, have Customers that pay $50 for a tip installed and I have people that pay $100 for JUST A TIP--NOT INSTALLED,

I have never believed that Price makes a BETTER TIP but of course I also know that Pool Tip Preference is like AXXHOLES, everyone has one just like everyone has an opinion and whatever that opinion is, ITS NOT RIGHT OR WRONG,, IT JUST IS!!

Hope this helps and gives you another choice and opinion into a subject matter that will go on FOREVER,

RESPECTFULLY

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

d

So... How much for these special triangles?

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if they are hard or soft but
I really like them

The older ones are a great tip. I personally prefer the LePro's that I have from the 1990's. Some of the gamblers who play with my cues swear by these tips.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like them

I use Triangle on all my play cues.
They are - for me - by far the best tip out there.
They will make some cheap junk cue feel like Balabushka.
Polar opposite of Kamui which needs endless maintenance, the Triangle on the other hand you just install and virtually forget about it.

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just last night as I was playing I felt I should just go to a Triangle. My player right now has a Moori medium on it and it's become very hard. I don't like Kamui's. I have a Precision medium on a cue that I find it a little soft but in all fairness it's only got a couple hours of play on it. I'd consider trying it out on my player but would prefer trying a triangle. I say this because I'm reasonably sure a cue I just picked up has Triangles on it and they seem perfect.

Here's the big question. How do I know I've got a good Triangle to have installed? Acedonkeyace would you part with some?

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only play Triangles, especially cut down prior to install and broken in. Only exception are Dawgsduds.

I have a recently acquired some NOS very old Triangles. Play just like 'Pre-Flag Masters:groucho:

Have a good weekend,

-Kat,

I really like them

Rackattach

Banned
Pressed triangle tips are the best out there. Try to find the old ones and press them. They hold chalk, don't need much maintenance or scuffing and play the best. The feel is truly second to none. I have yet to find anything better in my almost 20 years playing pool

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I've found the best Trianges are soaked with 30 year old Springbank single malt Scotch.

Trouble is, you have to spend several grand to get that particular Scotch.

Maybe, I'll try Windex instead.

All the best,
WW

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried 10 or so differant layered tips and was never impressed with any of them.
I switched back to Triangles and am going to stick with them.
They play good and are cheap.
And if you use a premium chalk so much the better.

luke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15mm Triangle are tops.

I press them very hard for my break cue and softer on my player.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've found the best Trianges are soaked with 30 year old Springbank single malt Scotch.

Trouble is, you have to spend several grand to get that particular Scotch.

Maybe, I'll try Windex instead.

All the best,
WW

I love Springbank.

Probably more than I love Triangle.....lol

I've only tried the 15 year old.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I love Springbank.

Probably more than I love Triangle.....lol

I've only tried the 15 year old.

While the 15 year old Springbank is delicious, if you ever get your hands on some 30 year old, it is heaven. I'll trade my boxes of vintage Champions for a fifth of 30 year old.

All the best,
WW

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always liked Triangle tips. They are great players and inexpensive. But I tend to wear them out fairly quickly. Since I don’t install my own tips, cost for the repairman’s time becomes significant. There are additional factors that make repeated replacement a lot of trouble. I switched to hard layered tips. They cost a bit more, but last so much longer that I am ahead. After playing with hard layered tips for a few years, I have come to prefer them over Triangles.