Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Dragon 2018 World 14.1
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-10-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
OK so here's the short side of the story, or one of them.

Last year for the Worlds 14.1 i had gotten my buddy in to play the event, he happened to be placed in the group with Rhys Chen owner of The Spot.

So the morning of that Wednesday Rhys was scheduled to play my friend, apparently Rhys was running late and stuck in traffic. Rhys puts up a public post onto facebook for the world to see stating "Stuck in traffic, in route to the Worlds 14.1 Tournament to play the worst player in the tournament".

Who the **** does that, that is not something you broadcast out for the world to see, i have a screenshot of the post if you'd all like to see it.. A bunch of us called him on it and he denied the whole thing.

At that point we all decided to stop promoting him or his room for any events that he holds. and to never patron his business.
That does sound like a d!ck move but let me ask a dumb question. Is english his first language and is it possible he used the wrong words in his post? I know it's a stretch but thought it was at least worth asking.

Dan White

Old
  (#17)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

04-11-2018, 11:13 AM

Nanuet is a drive, but the parking could be worth it.

Steinway had a lot of distractions and considering there was no ref to watch the Earl vs Strickland match. It helps to sell the new location.

I hope parking is much better in Nanuet.

Old
  (#18)
pooln8r
AzB Silver Member
pooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond reputepooln8r has a reputation beyond repute

04-11-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
Nanuet is a drive, but the parking could be worth it.

Steinway had a lot of distractions and considering there was no ref to watch the Earl vs Strickland match. It helps to sell the new location.

I hope parking is much better in Nanuet.
That has to be one of the best things I've seen in a while. Lol, every match he's in is the Earl vs. Strickland match. Perfectly Stated.

Thanks for the laugh and good shooting to you!

Kevin

Last edited by pooln8r; 04-11-2018 at 12:26 PM.

not a joke
Old
  (#19)
Danny Harriman
AzB Silver Member
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

not a joke - 06-20-2018, 11:41 AM

It was neither Earl or Jayson's fault there was no ref at the table, I will never play in a major event again - without a referee - not interested in the drama nor do I find it even a little funny.

Old
  (#20)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
It was neither Earl or Jayson's fault there was no ref at the table, I will never play in a major event again - without a referee - not interested in the drama nor do I find it even a little funny.
said it before and I'll say it again, refs should be part of the budget when it comes to pro tournaments. I've ref'd my leagues tournaments for $100 the whole Saturday and a free meal from the room. the league director always thanks me because it is hard to find anyone who would do that all day.

Old
  (#21)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post
said it before and I'll say it again, refs should be part of the budget when it comes to pro tournaments. I've ref'd my leagues tournaments for $100 the whole Saturday and a free meal from the room. the league director always thanks me because it is hard to find anyone who would do that all day.

Being a ref is hard work if you're actually paying attention.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#22)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Being a ref is hard work if you're actually paying attention.

Lou Figueroa
truth be told, paying attention is the easiest part for me. the hardest part I've found about being a ref is dealing with all the personalities. the league director has a specific rule for playoff games, if you ask a question you will get docked a game. so having to enforce that is not hard for me, but dealing with angry people is a whole different ball game.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: