DCC BigFoot 10 Ball Challenge (Jan 24th-27th, 2020)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High and low TPA

Shaw wins.
Morra had him on ropes for in first half but let Shaw get away
Next up 2 old folks Corey v Buste in about 10 minutes

Pagulayan .937 - SVB .910
Corteza .915 - Filler .913

From 2014 through 2019 in the Bigfoot event, only 4 times did the total of the 2 players' TPAs in a match equal or exceed 1.800 -- once in 2018 and thrice in 2019. So far this year we have had another 3 times -- the 2 matches above and the Shaw/Woodward match yesterday.

Does this year have most number of TPA 900s ever? I saw your report that most number of 900s in past years was I think 3 and this year is must be already double that. On the flip side , Mika TPA (below 600 ) must be lowest recorded ever in this event and lowest I have seen of any pro in a long time.
2 first favourites SVB and Filler out early in 2nd round. Too bad we did not get to see probably their first matchup outside of Mosconi Cup. :grin:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw wins.
Morra had him on ropes for in first half but let Shaw get away
Next up 2 old folks Corey v Buste in about 10 minutes

Does this year have most number of TPA 900s ever? I saw your report that most number of 900s in past years was I think 3 and this year is must be already double that. On the flip side , Mika TPA (below 600 ) must be lowest recorded ever in this event and lowest I have seen of any pro in a long time.
2 first favourites SVB and Filler out early in 2nd round. Too bad we did not get to see probably their first matchup outside of Mosconi Cup. :grin:

Maybe Roy can make that happen.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Roy can make that happen.

Roy recently said still negotiating but likely around or after April .
There is some breakthrough in as appears that Shane is agreeable to 9 ball “ Mosconi cup style” which is what Filler wanted. :)

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy recently said still negotiating but likely around or after April .
There is some breakthrough in as appears that Shane is agreeable to 9 ball “ Mosconi cup style” which is what Filler wanted. :)

I know they been talking.

Like always ... Nobody wants to play Shane in a long race. At least nobody who likes their money.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Django takes it.

Tomorrow we have 3 Phillipinos and Shaw.
Will be a great finish.

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
I know they been talking.

Like always ... Nobody wants to play Shane in a long race. At least nobody who likes their money.

That USA blindness has you talking crazy, Jung Lin Chang just completely obliterated Shane, of course it wasn't rack ur own so there's that excuse.

Shane's long races have set rules he will only play by, ONLY BY HIS SET RULES!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Does this year have most number of TPA 900s ever? I saw your report that most number of 900s in past years was I think 3 and this year is must be already double that. On the flip side , Mika TPA (below 600 ) must be lowest recorded ever in this event and lowest I have seen of any pro in a long time. ...

For 2014 through 2019 (in that order) the number of TPA 900s in this event was 1, 3, 4, 5, 4, 9. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6560426&postcount=2

The number so far this year (through 12 matches) is 9.

My Bigfoot TPA records begin with 2014. Mika's .556 is the lowest in those 7 years.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I haven't read all 130+ comments, so if its been covered you'll just have to forgive me... are they just not enforcing the shot clock or do they automatically give them their extension when it runs put of time for the first time. If that's the case, why doesn't a second shot clock start once the original time has expired? Also, I think Busti is all in Deuel's head since that whooping he pit on him in 1pocket the other week...ouch that was tough to watch

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That USA blindness has you talking crazy, Jung Lin Chang just completely obliterated Shane, of course it wasn't rack ur own so there's that excuse.

Yeah-Let him play on one foot and see how great he is!!!!:wink:

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He hasn't played by himself. ;-)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty has been in Coreys head for decades. In 2006 when the IPT was doing “challenge matches” they set up Corey vs Busty. I think it was a race to 15. I believe it was 8 ball, but it might have been 9 ball. (The challenge matches were not all 8 ball, there was even a 14-1 match). Anyway, in the pre match interview, Corey said he expects to get about 7 games.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty has been in Coreys head for decades. In 2006 when the IPT was doing “challenge matches” they set up Corey vs Busty. I think it was a race to 15. I believe it was 8 ball, but it might have been 9 ball. (The challenge matches were not all 8 ball, there was even a 14-1 match). Anyway, in the pre match interview, Corey said he expects to get about 7 games.

It was 8 ball. Both guys played great if I recall, but Busty certainly got the better of him

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty

I think the guy may even be underrated a little. Mainly due to Efren’s dominance during the last 30 years. Busty is top 3 in one pocket right now and still a threat in any rotation game.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The main referee in this event (excluding matches late at night) for most years has been Ken Shuman. This year, Ricky Bryant has been the ref for all of the Bigfoot matches so far. Anyone know whether Ken is there? Is he OK?

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The main referee in this event (excluding matches late at night) for most years has been Ken Shuman. This year, Ricky Bryant has been the ref for all of the Bigfoot matches so far. Anyone know whether Ken is there? Is he OK?

I was there this past weekend and did not see Ken.