Found yet another gem of a place!

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I posted a few months ago that I found an old place in Beaufort, NC...Royal James Cafe that had really good, cheap food. 2 Large pool tables at $2.00 per hour and I thought it was great.

I enjoyed that visit b/c it gave me an opportunity to play on large table which I rarely can find. I play every Monday and Tuesday on bar boxes.

Well, a couple days ago I hear these 2 older gentleman talking about playing pool in a local government owned rec facility across the county. (about a 15 min ride) I asked for details and they said they had 4 large tables in good condition and they are open everyday from 7a to 5p. Free of course. League play is every Monday at 9am. They also have a challenge match with a neighboring County coming up.

I went on Thursday around 10am and met 5 older guys and immediately started playing with one of them. Today I went just after lunch and had the place to myself. I can see be going to this place 4 or 5 times a week.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0159__1581114334_205.240.45.111.jpg
    IMG_0159__1581114334_205.240.45.111.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The building itself is pretty new within the last 5 years. They keep the room very clean. It has a ball cleaner and plenty of room. I never knew about the place and have lived here for 30+ years.

They are keeping the secret very well.

1 Olhausen Pool Table
1 Gandy
1 GC
1 Legacy.

They say they are looking to replace the top right table b/c some nails are sticking out of the pockets and they are scratching up the balls. It should also be pointed out that table had the tightest pockets.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice!!! We have a place in Naples Fl called the Norris Center- Govt free facility- 2 Very nice 9 footers with NEW Simonis!! I am there running 20s 30s 40s about 3 days a week