Those still playing with wood LD shafts?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which wood LD shaft are you using?

I have an old OB classic. Looking for something new. Would've gotten a new ob shaft, but after reading an old thread, it has me leary.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have an old OB classic. Looking for something new. Would've gotten a new ob shaft, but after reading an old thread, it has me leary.
Mezz. WX-700 and an older HybridPro(this was re-named the Hybrid Alpha). Like them both. Like HP more just because i like the 12.8mm size. All their shafts are great.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
which tips are you using?
Ultraskin Ivory Med on the WX700 and a Kamui brown(not clear) med on the HP. The HP came with the Kamui and i really like it. The Ultraskin Ivory is a tad softer but it plays super as well. Their shafts aren't cheap but they are very high quality piece. IMO Mezz is clearly the finest production cues out there.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby Hybrid

I just switched from Jacoby Hybrid to a CF Cuetec. I really liked the Jacoby with a stock tip and liked it even more with a Thoroughbred Medium tip on it.

I would recommend them. I keep one as a backup in my case now and wouldn’t think twice about using it.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

I'm using a 30" OB Classic shaft with a Sniper tip. It's from back in the days when OB had a much better reputation. I use it on a 30" butt I asked Larry Vigus to make for it. I love the cue and I seem to play at the top of my game with it (when I'm not sucking :eek:).

I have a time or two put that cue in my case as a backup, but inevitability I always go back to it as my main player. I think I'm sticking with it 'til the end this time.

Maniac

anbukev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 314-1 (decade), a Z2 (8years), and a Z2-S-tuned (5-years).

I've been playing with the Z2 S-Tuned with WB tip for 5 years as well. After experimenting with different shafts, tapers, shaft width, tips, and even snooker cues; this is what suits me the best.

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have HP2's for my Exceed, just changed to it from an AXI. Shafts have Kumui Brown softs. I've hit balls with a Revo, and an Ignite, not sure if I'll change shafts. Can't say i won't, but right now I'm fine with the HP2's.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Jacoby Hybrid

I use the Jacoby Hybrid. The discontinued model. . It plays great. There are lots of them out there.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz ExPro. I switched from a Universal Smart Shaft I used for years.
I have let several people hit with it and all said they want to buy it from me. I had a Revo for a short while and the best I can come up with is, it plays very similar except with the feel and hit of a maple shaft.
Very low deflection.

Thx,
Koop

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played with a Predator for years. First a 314 and then a 314-2. It was time to buy a new shaft so I tried saving a few bucks and switching to the OB-Classic thinking it had similar deflection...

Couldn't make a ball with it. Got so bad I started losing confidence on straight in shots so it's back to the 314-2 for me. I'm probably the least into cues of any semi-serious player that you'll ever meet. Just give me a cheap butt with the right weight and a wrap, along with my Pred shaft and I'm good.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mezz WX700 and Wx900. Medium Kamui tips or Talisman Pro tips -- both tips feel the same to me. I hit some with my buddy's Revo to compare with my Mezz shafts and found no significant difference, plus I like the wood color much better than that black Revo.

rellek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am playing pretty much exclusively with Mezz WX-900s these days. My preferred shaft has an ultraskin Ivory medium that I hated at first, and the other is an SIB pro, which now feels like a rock in comparison. Regardless of the tip, both shafts shoot great, low deflection, great feed back, and if you want to you can get them in most joint configurations from MezzUSA.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Jacoby Hybrid

I too like the Jacoby Hybrid shafts. I have one with matching ring work to my Jim Pierce cue. Patiently waiting on a smaller ferrule version from Jim Pierce and then I will have two shafts.

Kevin