DCC Show Me The Money

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just signed up for the DCC and with hotel costs, airfare, entry fee's and food it will cost me about $2,000. They still add the paltry amounts to the three events and frankly the added money needs to get much better. I played one year where the Banks division had over four hundred players and they still added only $10,000. Now only a few players can win it all and I am not one of those chosen few but I like to think that I got value for my expenditures. This event should have at least doubled the added money over the years and it hasn't. Why not?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I just signed up for the DCC and with hotel costs, airfare, entry fee's and food it will cost me about $2,000. They still add the paltry amounts to the three events and frankly the added money needs to get much better. I played one year where the Banks division had over four hundred players and they still added only $10,000. Now only a few players can win it all and I am not one of those chosen few but I like to think that I got value for my expenditures. This event should have at least doubled the added money over the years and it hasn't. Why not?

How many events have you run that you've added $10,000? I'm sure it's been a lot. Let me ask you this, how did you make that $10,000 back? Or were you just in the business to lose money?

The hotel profits from your hotel room. The hotel's restaurants profit from the food you buy. The airline profiles from your flight. But somehow you want them to give away more money that they cannot make back? That doesn't sound very smart.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep up the complaints and you'll likely have no tournament to play in at all! You apparently believe that Greg makes "bank" off of these events, and therefore should add way more money! LMAO Amazing how poolplayers think they're ENTITLED to: (pick your favorite) more 'added $$$', rules that favor them, favoritism in the brackets, etc. If you don't like the variables in the DCC...don't play. Seems pretty simple, imo. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep up the complaints and you'll likely have no tournament to play in at all! You apparently believe that Greg makes "bank" off of these events, and therefore should add way more money! LMAO Amazing how poolplayers think they're ENTITLED to: (pick your favorite) more 'added $$$', rules that favor them, favoritism in the brackets, etc. If you don't like the variables in the DCC...don't play. Seems pretty simple, imo. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee

Post post today. :)

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah, Sullivan has made so much money off the DCC, word is he is going to buy Brunswick out :bash:

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. If the OP does not like it, then don't play! Mr. Sullivan does more for the sport than most anyone else does! IMHO the DCC is the best event of the year.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

It's because Diamond's business model doesn't support doubling the added money. Rest assured , though, that if the revenues go way up, the added moneys will, too. If you know how to get the revenues to a much higher level, I'm sure Greg Sullivan will find some time for you during the Derby City Classic. Bring a resume.

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're fortunate to be able to pay and play. A lot of players can't...
Time to practice, practice, and then some.
Enjoy your reality! :thumb up:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Think about it like Johnston City - the tourney money is not why you should be going. Match up for the cheese!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The way things have been going in US pool you should get down and kiss Greg Sullivan's feet for giving you an event like the DCC to go to. Just like anything else in life: if you can't fade the nut, don't go.

Lou Figueroa

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually Greg has added an extra $10,000 and it all goes into the Bigfoot Challenge, which has a total of $16,000 Added! That money has to come from somewhere. It doesn't just materialize from thin air. Total added money at DCC is close to $100,000! HELLO!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Nobody puts baby in a corner

Attachments

• 2013-12-17-19-27-28--1192376134.jpeg
    2013-12-17-19-27-28--1192376134.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,145
Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

There's a reason there's so many players in the banks division....because I believe it entry also includes the event pass for the DCC...all divisions...or something like that.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can a 'nobody' get a table to gamble on at the new place? I went to the hotel in 2007 and all the tables were used for the tourney ( even the upstairs that was for gamblin in past years ). I had action every nite I was there, but couldn't get a table until 3-4 am. Then they took the tables away at 9 am to clean up for the tourney. The big name players got to gamble on the tourney tables all day and nite. I liked the DCC, but for gamblin, it was a dud. Hope the new place is better.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Can a 'nobody' get a table to gamble on at the new place? I went to the hotel in 2007 and all the tables were used for the tourney ( even the upstairs that was for gamblin in past years ). I had action every nite I was there, but couldn't get a table until 3-4 am. Then they took the tables away at 9 am to clean up for the tourney. The big name players got to gamble on the tourney tables all day and nite. I liked the DCC, but for gamblin, it was a dud. Hope the new place is better.

you won't have a problem getting a table.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you should just cancel your reservations and not attend...make it a win win for you and the pool world that actually tries to support events