Receive the wrong cue from Budget Billiards?

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...because I did, too. If you were disappointed after opening up a Meucci SWBB1, not to worry. I have your Meucci Starlight-SL-1 with the uncoated wrap.

However, I'd get a refund on that priority shipping you paid for.

Attachments

• IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 1,118

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Kinda defeats the purpose of a linen wrap IMO - but I have one so I guess I shouldn't say anything.

Ched <-- didn't realize it would be quite SO coated. *shrugs*

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is good to see that BUDGET BILLIARDS is
taking care of business

everyone makes a small error now and then,but it is good to see it made right
quickly

Incidentally that is a pretty cue you posted

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Have you contacted them?
What was their response? (I'm guessing they'd be more than happy to fix the problem considering the price difference)

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you contacted them?
What was their response? (I'm guessing they'd be more than happy to fix the problem considering the price difference)
Yes I did contact them and they responded quickly to say they would fix the issue. Since this is a large pool community, I thought that the person that ordered this level of Meucci is very likely a member.

I'll be honest...for a split second I thought about keeping the cue, but I realized..

1. It's probably someone else's order that they waited on for 3 weeks like me
2. It has a black dot shaft instead of the Pro I wanted
3. I would always think about my dishonesty when I played with it
4. It's kinda ugly, or maybe what I ordered is ugly and I like ugly. Not my style. Purple seashell inlays in the butt? nah...

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci has been finishing over linen for decades as a standard.

It is becoming popular on other cues as well. Especially refinish work. The spec wraps are not bad finished, but a black linen wrap done properly can look as black as ebony.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Meucci

Every meucci I get in looks like this ,,, I have more picture of more Meucci cues that look the same way this cue looks .

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Budget Cues will work very quickly with you to remedy any problem that arises with any order. I have met Julia and Mark personally and know first-hand of their commitment to quality business ethics.:)

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I meant to say Budget Billiards (Bob's Meucci factory). Budget Cues is Bob's daughter's company.

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a legit contact #for budget? My emails are coming back return to sender.

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every meucci I get in looks like this ,,, I have more picture of more Meucci cues that look the same way this cue looks .

I read all the horror stories... even yours with this same photo, lol. Supposedly they have fixed these issues and developed the barbox cue so that you can break with it. I'm not saying any of that is true or if it's just marketing, but I've always wanted one will provide honest feedback of my experience.

If it doesn't work out, I swear I will jump ship and buy a Mezz immediately.

Budget Cues has awesome customer service, and was quick to fix the issue and throw in some freebies!