Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t imagine a scenario where Europe comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect.......Styer with the winning shot over Shaw.
I hope so. Tyler looks like Opie(look this up if you're too young) but is a cool assassin. Love to see him him beat Shaw, a player i've come to loathe. What a a^*wipe this guy can be.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t imagine a scenario where Europe comes back

Ouschan plays solidly, wins 5-3.

Shaw stays calm, wins the lag, Styler breaks dry in rack 2 and he's 3-0 down inside 10 minutes, he doesn't come back, ends up losing fairly convincingly.

Corey hasn't won a point yet has he...so that could be 9-9.

If it gets to that then I can see a Euro comeback, although US would be favourite arguably in the last 2 matches (on paper).

I'm not saying the above will happen...I'm just saying that its quite believable it could.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I predict:

Woodward (coin flip)
Shaw (favorite)
Feijen (favorite)
Thorpe (favorite)
Van Boening (favorite)
Shaw (favorite)

Anything can happen in short races.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ouschan plays solidly, wins 5-3.

Shaw stays calm, wins the lag, Styler breaks dry in rack 2 and he's 3-0 down inside 10 minutes, he doesn't come back, ends up losing fairly convincingly.

Corey hasn't won a point yet has he...so that could be 9-9.

If it gets to that then I can see a Euro comeback, although US would be favourite arguably in the last 2 matches (on paper).

I'm not saying the above will happen...I'm just saying that its quite believable it could.

lol I thought it had started earlier today and I missed the first couple of matches.

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
I hope so. Tyler looks like Opie(look this up if you're too young) but is a cool assassin. Love to see him him beat Shaw, a player i've come to loathe. What a a^*wipe this guy can be.

Opie or maybe even Richie Cunningham making pinball noises......until the Fonz showed up.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may have switched Deuel and Sky, but that's just me.

I was playing "If I were coach" last night and I actually had the exact same lineup that came out but with Deuel and Sky reversed like you suggested. It is a tough call. Do you want to come out swinging with your best performers, knowing that Europe will do the same and possibly lose with your best performer in an effort to shut this thing down immediately? Or do you reduce the possibility of a first round win and try to take advantage of a shakier Europe player further down at the cost of potentially letting Europe build up some momentum.

It is clear that Johan wants to shut this down asap and is willing to take that risk to not let Europe build momentum. If they win the first two it is suddenly 9-8 and that is a whole different ball game.

One thing for sure, this has been a great year for the team and I am really looking forward to todays matches. When we were able to pick up Johan as coach last year I said it was a brilliant move. I can't help but think that his presence and tactics working with this team has been what has made the difference. I'm glad he agreed to stick around for this year as well.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So does the fact that SVB is last mean that Johann doesn't think he's the best player on the US? Or that he does?

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So does the fact that SVB is last mean that Johann doesn't think he's the best player on the US? Or that he does?

I think the fact he was the coaches pick for both the matches against the Russian team and team England makes it clear he sees Shane as his go-to clutch player. That being said I also think he is giving the younger guns a chance to close this out and potentially take the pressure off Shane who has struggled at times at this event. I think it was a smart play. Europe has to front load talent here and they get shakier the further down they go.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member

You want your last player to be able to take the weight of the world on his shoulders.

The pressure is different in a team event. My choice might not be the best player on paper but the best player under that kind of pressure.:cool: