Any action in Vegas with the Taiwan players?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many world class players from Taiwan, the Phillipines, and Europe hanging out at Griffs.

I cant believe there is no action?

Heck they're only playing 1 match a day, so they have plenty of downtime.

I would gladly put up Big Ko, Little Lo, or JL Chang in action, but I don't know them.

I'd take JL Chang over Shaw on the 4.25" pocket at Griffs for a few dimes.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if they arent in action its because they dont gamble or dont have any money to gamble.

you wont do so well staking or betting on the side of people that are in that position.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're in town to win titles. I doubt they match-up while either of these are going on. If they're done/out they MIGHT match-up.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
They're in town to win titles. I doubt they match-up while either of these are going on. If they're done/out they MIGHT match-up.

Agreed. By the end of Tuesday's sessions, 240 players will have been eliminated from the US Open. More than a few of them will be elite players looking for action and there should be no shortage of willing stakehorses.

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's tons of late night action, usually involving Ian Costello.
He took on Jun Ling Chang a few days ago and lost playing 10 ball, I think he got 3 games on the wire race to 9. First to win 3 sets for 5 large.
Then he took on Alex P one pocket getting 9-7 and the breaks 5 ahead for 10 large.
He duly managed to lose the first 5 games and lose.
I heard they adjusted the spot slightly and Ian came back and won the second set.
There's also JRB there every night matching up in one pocket.
Fedor Gorst also constantly in action.

I'll try and pay more attention tonight, but there's definitely matches going on.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
The Taiwanese team (Ko, Chang, et al) will send it in, you just gotta ask. I'd be surprised if anyone gets turned down, unless it's an out of line game or a gaff.

Best bet is to approach the team manager dude, first.

Eric

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I was there last night. Tons of players. Wouldn't think there should be any difficulty putting something together.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if they arent in action its because they dont gamble or dont have any money to gamble.

you wont do so well staking or betting on the side of people that are in that position.

JL Chang played Filler at DCC. Gambled with SVB before.
He gets into action.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman looking. I think he beat Kevin Cheng at DCC. Might be remembering wrong..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-173349_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190418-173349_Facebook.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 428

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman looking. I think he beat Kevin Cheng at DCC. Might be remembering wrong..
Bergman did beat Kevin Cheng in the Action room at the Derby.

He said he hopes to get in some action while in Vegas this trip.

But it looks like he needs to get some sleep before he gets into any action after driving from St Louis to Vegas, he looks a little tired to me lol

57170684_2205831666166730_3933986809578520576_n.jpg

djg576

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bergman did beat Kevin Cheng in the Action room at the Derby.

He said he hopes to get in some action while in Vegas this trip.

But it looks like he needs to get some sleep before he gets into any action after driving from St Louis to Vegas, he looks a little tired to me lol

View attachment 518093

Round trip flights starting at $122. Worn out many cars myself.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14hrs driving straight solo. JB is a horse.

When I was a young man and in shape I once drove San Francisco to Salt Lake.

It was close to 14 hours and I was pretty beat when I got out of the car. JB is a dead man walking, he just may not know it. He needs to get some rest and take on the world tomorrow.

Lou Figueroa

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was a young man and in shape I once drove San Francisco to Salt Lake.

It was close to 14 hours and I was pretty beat when I got out of the car. JB is a dead man walking, he just may not know it. He needs to get some rest and take on the world tomorrow.

Lou Figueroa

Last month when I was an old man I drove straight through from San Francisco to Albuquerque. Left at 6:30 am got there at 3:30 am.

Would not have played a pool tournament when I arrived though.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I've driven from oceanside CA to Oswego NY straight through and also Richland WA to Miami with no sleep - 15yrs ago.

I'll still do 15 - 18hrs but not worth it anymore.
Jason

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I drove back and forth non stop across this country six times (three complete round trips) in my twenties. Of course each time I had a partner with me and we just swapped off every six or eight hours. We could do it that way in 48 hours or thereabouts. L.A. to New York and back twice, L.A. to Miami and back once.

I also frequently drove 600-1,000 mile trips non stop on my own back then. I stopped all that by the time I reached my 30's. I don't even like driving 300 miles to Vegas from L.A. any more. :wink:

Last edited: