Home table guys, how much do you practice a week?

Practice time per week

• Total voters

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practicing with or without an opponent.

I'm always by myself, usually 2hrs max per session, 2-3x a week. Some weeks depending on my work schedule, I don't touch the table.

I really wish at some point, I can get to 4hrs for 4-5 days a week.

Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every night 2 hours on 9ft Diamond.
402fefb0c256897e12c43f056afe1ddf.jpg
9ec29e001acca5fdb74ea93a30fa893a.jpg
93cf58f884a969ee38428938066da571.jpg
Never sober.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When i healthy enough, Im subject to be at my table for 8 to 12 hours on some days but, probably average 6 to 8 hours a day.

When im not feeling very good, im lucky to get 10 hiurs a week.

Things is this:

Its not the QUANTITY of play/practice, its the QUALITY of said practice/play.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really depends on the week for me. My work schedule is all over the place. Some weeks I work around 36 hrs and can get a lot of table time in. This week is a killer...gonna be 72-84hrs this week so, no table time for me. ☹️

When I’ve got free time though, I’ll play anywhere from 2-12hrs a day depending on how I feel.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nowadays? An hour a night if my back will tolerate it. Then I go out once a week and play for 4-6 hours.

2013 before I moved out of Alaska, me and Captivebred were both working 50+ hours a week, and playing 5-6 hours a night 5-6 nights a week. Sometimes more.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the corners of the Diamond Paragon present as much a danger to your "vitals" as the picture appears to?

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the corners of the Diamond Paragon present as much a danger to your "vitals" as the picture appears to?

Lol! I started a thread before I bought the table to get feedback and one guy Said they had one at his senior center or somewhere but he complained that he would get bruising around his thighs from bumping into the corners.

I really wanted the drop pockets and the look of the table so I bravely ordered it and have never once felt any pain anywhere on my body from the corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20 to 30 mins a day if I’m lucky. Work days are way longer than I would like, so the practice takes a backseat.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
During prime trout season, not enough. I didn't pick up my cue from March until June 1, as I was spending all of my free time, wading fishing creeks.

:smile:

If I have a big event coming up I will put in 2-3 weeks of practice, with 2-3 30 minute sessions @ night.

During the weekend 3 hours a day. (again if I am not fishing)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd think that question would likely be answered much like, 'does the sharp edge of a knife cut you?'.

Well, yes. Yes, it does.

But you learn quickly how to avoid this type of injury.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I'd think that question would likely be answered much like, 'does the sharp edge of a knife cut you?'.

Well, yes. Yes, it does.

But you learn quickly how to avoid this type of injury.

So I was a mate on a charter boat once, someone caught a nice flounder and the captain told me to watch out for their teeth. I didn’t have any experience with flounder you see...well once it was dead I walked up to it and stuck my finger in its mouth. Sure enough I got a nice cut. The captain asked why did I do that and my answer was “to see if they were still sharp” lol. What I meant was to see if they were dangerous teeth in the way humans have dangerous teeth...you can touch all over them safely, it’s only when they’re trying to bite you that they can be dangerous...I don’t know why I thought that might be the case with this fish, something about them just didn’t seem sharp to me. Anyway the customers all had a good laugh and probably thought I was soft in the head. Maybe they were right.

Back on topic: I normally practice/play 2-4 hours a night during the week and 8+ on the weekends.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I want my answer to be 20+ hours but I work all day and in my spare time I'm designing or creating wood working projects. My pool room itself also requires a lot of TLC.

2 hours / day about 5 days a week for now.