As more bashing against deanoc continues...we now sympathize for him

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm starting to show some sympathy towards him even though what he did was deceitful but as more people keep bashing him then he will make out to be the better man. It's starting to happen where those that disagree with him are starting to support him.

Nobody reads a 20 plus page thread in it's entirety so all this bashing of him will eventually turn support from others.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the popularization of deceitful makers continues, that may become the popular impression of all makers.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes there is a thing called "goodwill" because deanoc is a major player in the industry therefore him commissioning or requesting a build is enough to garner the premium he charges.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes there is a thing called "goodwill" because deanoc is a major player in the industry therefore him commissioning or requesting a build is enough to garner the premium he charges.

Oh no, no no no no no no.... just when I thought some sense was being brought in.

I'm not trying to be apathetic, but I'm hoping all of this dies down mainly for the reason I stated above, but there's also something about a dead horse.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I'm starting to show some sympathy towards him even though what he did was deceitful but as more people keep bashing him then he will make out to be the better man. It's starting to happen where those that disagree with him are starting to support him.

Nobody reads a 20 plus page thread in it's entirety so all this bashing of him will eventually turn support from others.

He brought it on himself. Look who created the post 🙄

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Too soon but eventually it will be back to business.

nah, noone will trust him again. this wasn't one cue with one guy, this was planned out and executed over a couple of months. anyone that buys from him and knows about it will always think theyre buying a fake.

nah, noone will trust him again. this wasn't one cue with one guy, this was planned out and executed over a couple of months. anyone that buys from him and knows about it will always think theyre buying a fake.

He should have had Joss build him the line of Jackpot cues.

That is what Buddy Hall did with a line of Derby cues that he had Joss build for him, and those cues were super nice, and hit better then any other Joss I ever played with. Half of the line (the higher end line) were made by Samsara though. I had models 3 and 5, and they hit amazing. They were super solid hitting cues, and very high quality, in my opinion.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141801

I wonder though, even if it turned out that Joss was the maker of the Jackpot cues, would some still be upset, and feel deceived? Who knows.

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member

Who in their right mind ever said Dean is a "major player in the industry"?
Yes, he has money; but that's it. Money equates to cue orders; again, that's it.
The real major players in the industry think he's a joke, and cue makers just want to make money.

Edit: Just look on whom he preyed. People uneducated about cues, new members, and people looking to make a buck because they were promised a "Libra" cue for $500.

Last edited:
In 2020, drop Schon from your list. Things are steadily going downhill there. Add Mezz in their place. And Pechauer. And Jacoby.

That is sad to hear. I always thought that Schon made high quality cues. I would much rather have a vintage Schon though, then a newer one.

Love Mezz cues.

Pechauer and Jacoby cues hit very nice too, in my experience with them.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mob Attack On Deanoc Is Unwarranted.

Here is my take..... I have bought 7 cues using Dean directly and as part of his special cue projects.

I was and still am very pleased with my business dealings with Dean and especially, my cue-makers.

Regardless of the criticism being expressed, I would do business with Dean again in a friggin’ heartbeat.

How ironic it is these attacks on Dean’s integrity are essentially from folks that never did business with him.

The only time to really pay attention to this topic is if and when you read criticism of Dean from former customers.

So far I’ve only read positive comments and Dean’s i rating attests to it as Cocobolo Cowboy has previously posted.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The only ones that truly matter are those expressed by Dean’s actual customers.

NUF CED!

Matt B.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
Here is my take..... I have bought 7 cues using Dean directly and as part of his special cue projects.

I was and still am very pleased with my business dealings with Dean and especially, my cue-makers.

Regardless of the criticism being expressed, I would do business with Dean again in a friggin’ heartbeat.

How ironic it is these attacks on Dean’s integrity are essentially from folks that never did business with him.

The only time to really pay attention to this topic is if and when you read criticism of Dean from former customers.

So far I’ve only read positive comments and Dean’s i rating attests to it as Cocobolo Cowboy has previously posted.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The only ones that truly matter are those expressed by Dean’s actual customers.

NUF CED!

Matt B.

Bought an EDC and a Nitti from Dean, sight unseen. Paid him before he even shipped. $2k worth. Am I allowed to have an opinion, Great Karnac?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only about your own experience buying a cue from Dean has any significance.
If you were never wronged or injured, then your opinion has diminutive value.
You have poor reading comprehensive skills; practice more with you dic..tionary.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
Only about your own experience buying a cue from Dean has any significance.
If you were never wronged or injured, then your opinion has diminutive value.
You have poor reading comprehensive skills; practice more with you dic..tionary.

Reading comprehensive skills? I love when the slow kid gets 5 minutes with a dic...tionary.

It’s reading comprehension. Duh.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member

NUF CED!

Matt B.

You really have the nerve to bring other's reading comprehension into question?

Your past dealings with Dean have no bearing on the subject. In fact, not one transaction with Dean matters. Not one. Not even the customers whom purchased a prized Jackpot cue. The transactions don't matter. The play-ability, that others keep bringing up, does not matter. What matters is Dean lied to everyone. Dean intentionally cheated people. It doesn't even matter if said people are happy about being cheated or aren't. The reality remains constant - they were cheated. Dean committed fraud on this forum. That is all that matters.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
You really have the nerve to bring other's reading comprehension into question?

Your past dealings with Dean have no bearing on the subject. In fact, not one transaction with Dean matters. Not one. Not even the customers whom purchased a prized Jackpot cue. The transactions don't matter. The play-ability, that others keep bringing up, does not matter. What matters is Dean lied to everyone. Dean intentionally cheated people. It doesn't even matter if said people are happy about being cheated or aren't. The reality remains constant - they were cheated. Dean committed fraud on this forum. That is all that matters.

But.....were you wronged or injured? Working on my reading comprehensiveness...