Tim Scruggs Minute Butt Inlays

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I have a Tim Scruggs cue with small “ivory” lines and dots __ . __ . __ . __
circling the butt just above the butt cap. Are there other examples like this? Please don't say "pictures", I near about blew this site up last time i posted.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Pictures

Okay. Ya'll win. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Attachments

• butt 1.jpg
    butt 1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 606
  • butt 2.jpg
    butt 2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 617

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
No access to the Billiard Encyclopedia, so I looked at some examples of Gus Szamboti cues and you are dead on -- he is all over the small lines and small dots. Is there a name for this type of work? Based upon what I have seen, it is apparent that Scrugg's inspiration for the inlays on my cue was Szamboti's work. Is there any connection between the two of them?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
No access to the Billiard Encyclopedia, so I looked at some examples of Gus Szamboti cues and you are dead on -- he is all over the small lines and small dots. Is there a name for this type of work? Based upon what I have seen, it is apparent that Scrugg's inspiration for the inlays on my cue was Szamboti's work. Is there any connection between the two of them?

Not that i know of other than Tim having had very good taste

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have a name for it. Morse code. Dots and dashes.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The standard Cognoscenti rings are referred to as silver "stitching" or "stitched". Is stitching found only in a ring or can it be comprised of a series of inlays not incorporated into a ring? Could Scrugg's dot-dash work be considered a form of "stitching"?