Propeller Inlays

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Rather than bump, let me just start over.

Please post names, photos, and/or links identifying all cuemakers using propeller inlays -- one time or a hundred.

I am new to the subject of propellers. I did enough research to learn that the propeller design originated on French Brunswick cues and perhaps other billiard items. On an old AZB thread about "Firsts", the question was posed as to the first use of propeller inlays, but if there was an answer there, I overlooked it. I am also able to contribute the following: for a photograph of an incredible Manzino propellor, go to Post 8 in the following thread:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?417109&p=5435505#post5435505

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that most cuemakers can and probably have done propeller inlays. It would be like listing car makers that used blue paint.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Rather than bump, let me just start over.

Please post names, photos, and/or links identifying all cuemakers using propeller inlays -- one time or a hundred.

I am new to the subject of propellers. I did enough research to learn that the propeller design originated on French Brunswick cues and perhaps other billiard items. On an old AZB thread about "Firsts", the question was posed as to the first use of propeller inlays, but if there was an answer there, I overlooked it. I am also able to contribute the following: for a photograph of an incredible Manzino propellor, go to Post 8 in the following thread:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?417109&p=5435505#post5435505

Whew!! That is a slick propeller design right there.

One cuemaker comes to mind for me, and it comes up a lot.
Eddie Cohen -

Makes a great cue [ in design AND playability], here's one of his propellers.

I remember a thread a while back in the for sale section that listed a cue with "razorblades and propellers"..... when I saw that cue, I was in heaven.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Not sure when the first use in pool cues was but I've seen prop's in old banjos from the early 1900's

Last edited: