Otlvise????

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I have been trying to get in touch with John Palmer about buying one of his Otlvise's , Have tried to call, email and his facebook. I am surprised.

Anyone have one they wanna sell??

Trent from Toledo

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I have been trying to get in touch with John Palmer about buying one of his Otlvise's , Have tried to call, email and his facebook. I am surprised.

Anyone have one they wanna sell??

Trent from Toledo

Would not sell mine for anything. Best tool I own. Heard they are closed until 2020.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

PoolTable911

Silver Member
I started researching other options and found some far more affordable options in the Stone and Granite trade.

https://www.diamondtoolstore.com/material-handling/storing-and-handling-equipment/carts-and-dollies/

I am going to stop by this companies warehouse when I am down south in January to take a look first hand at what they offer. Seems they have quite a few different solutions! I am excited to check them out.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:
. You get what you pay for.

Nowhere near the OTLvise.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
. You get what you pay for.

Nowhere near the OTLvise.

I am not convinced of anything until I actually see it. I appreciate your opinion.

People who work moving slabs of stone say lots of good things about the
Omni Cube Brand.

So in the meantime I am going to investigate the Omni Cubed brand equipment. Their website is very professional and I am sure when I call them tomorrow someone will pick up the phone. As my Grandfather said, "There are many ways to skin a Civet Cat." :p

Trent from Toledo

PoolTable911

Silver Member
I am not convinced of anything until I actually see it. I appreciate your opinion.

People who work moving slabs of stone say lots of good things about the
Omni Cube Brand.

So in the meantime I am going to investigate the Omni Cubed brand equipment. Their website is very professional and I am sure when I call them tomorrow someone will pick up the phone. As my Grandfather said, "There are many ways to skin a Civet Cat." :p

Trent from Toledo

Best of Luck. I tried calling john Palmer and he answered for me on a Sunday. Now that is customer support!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Best of Luck. I tried calling john Palmer and he answered for me on a Sunday. Now that is customer support!

Evidently he does not want to sell me anything.
I will stick to the route I am headed on.

Oh yeah, did I mention I am not trying to get one
of these to eliminate having a helper? I love having
my helper with me, he helps me so much and is
worth every penny I pay him. What ever I end up
buying will help us when there are stairs involved.
That is the only reason I want a slate dolly.

This is most likely what I will buy and then a set of
handles to pull it up with and of course always using
2 people, one leading up the stairs and one following to help :)

Trent from Toledo

Attachments

• AT1__34638.1517944064.jpg
    AT1__34638.1517944064.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 304

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
these will also be nice to have:

Attachments

• WB_170717_IC06_mj_960x720-640x497.jpg
    WB_170717_IC06_mj_960x720-640x497.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

PoolTable911

Silver Member
these will also be nice to have:

Had a pair. Very awkward to work with. One of the other benefits of the OTLVise is membership in the Billiards Mechanics of America. Great forum and facebook page. Guys sharing info from all over the country. Funny thing is there is no bickering.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Sweet! I am good here. I love this forum.
Bickering has gone from insane to about nothing.
Only thing I am regretting at this point is that I did not
do better research on slate dolly's before.
Better late than never :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Sweet! I am good here. I love this forum.
Bickering has gone from insane to about nothing.
Only thing I am regretting at this point is that I did not
do better research on slate dolly's before.
Better late than never :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

You are correct....Still too many non-mechanics chiming in like they know everything. BMA is a group of mechanics with no ego's sharing ideas. I look forward to your detailed report on other slate dollies. I will compare them with what I looked at.

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
OTLEVICE is the best device IMHO

Trent,

Sorry to hear your having difficulty contacting John to purchase an OTLEVICE. His OTLEVISE is the best, most efficient and safest way to move slate and billiard equipment. I've tried many different carts, dollies, hand trucks, straps, stair climbers and sliders over the years. None can compare with the OTLEVICE for versatility. The OTLEVISE is a cart by simply clamping on an additional axle. It's the only hand truck that you don't have to lift the slate. It has the smallest footprint when not in use, I store mine in a ten gallon plastic tub. When you add the lift rod it's a stair climber!

As far as working with a helper, that's great! but you don't have to. I've moved 10 ft inch and a half billiard slates buy myself. The video is still on Youtube somewhere. The point is, you can if you needed to. These other carts and clamps require two people, especially if you are going up stairs.

I don't think it was professional of you to come onto a public forum to complain about another mechanic and supplier not getting back to you over a weekend, particularly when he has a posting on his web site about being closed down until January 2020. John has remained very responsive to all his existing customers. The OTLEVICE is one of the most valuable tools any professional mechanic can own. I know its extended my career by years. How many times has it happened to you that you need a tool or a part and it's not available at the time you need it.

John Palmer is a really smart guy that invested tremendous time and resources into the OTLEVICE. Patents, american manufacturing, constant addition of new and beneficial tools don't come cheap!

So Trent, do yourself a favor, be a little patient, stop jumping to incorrect conclusions, and take the time you'll spend researching an alternative solutions to find out what's going on. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Jay Spielberg

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Trent,

Sorry to hear your having difficulty contacting John to purchase an OTLEVICE. His OTLEVISE is the best, most efficient and safest way to move slate and billiard equipment. I've tried many different carts, dollies, hand trucks, straps, stair climbers and sliders over the years. None can compare with the OTLEVICE for versatility. The OTLEVISE is a cart by simply clamping on an additional axle. It's the only hand truck that you don't have to lift the slate. It has the smallest footprint when not in use, I store mine in a ten gallon plastic tub. When you add the lift rod it's a stair climber!

As far as working with a helper, that's great! but you don't have to. I've moved 10 ft inch and a half billiard slates buy myself. The video is still on Youtube somewhere. The point is, you can if you needed to. These other carts and clamps require two people, especially if you are going up stairs.

I don't think it was professional of you to come onto a public forum to complain about another mechanic and supplier not getting back to you over a weekend, particularly when he has a posting on his web site about being closed down until January 2020. John has remained very responsive to all his existing customers. The OTLEVICE is one of the most valuable tools any professional mechanic can own. I know its extended my career by years. How many times has it happened to you that you need a tool or a part and it's not available at the time you need it.

John Palmer is a really smart guy that invested tremendous time and resources into the OTLEVICE. Patents, american manufacturing, constant addition of new and beneficial tools don't come cheap!

So Trent, do yourself a favor, be a little patient, stop jumping to incorrect conclusions, and take the time you'll spend researching an alternative solutions to find out what's going on. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Jay Spielberg

Nice to see you here Jay. You have forgotten more about being a Table Mechanic than most claim to know. :thumbup:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent,

Jay Spielberg

You mis-spelled it in CAPS every other time you used the name: It is OTLVISE :) I have been trying to get in touch with him for almost a YEAR.... I respect you and I have seen your OTLVISE in action. but, I am going my own route and will post my findings. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, just want to make it easier to get slates up and down stairs and at the most cost effective route.

I have done my research and I am confident I will be happy with my purchase.

Omni Cubed is a very well known and respected name in the slab moving business.

I have done tables on my own and I do not enjoy it. As for the no helper thing: Just not doing it. I prefer to have help from start to finish. Moving the tools & table in and of course the tools back out again is no fun on my own. My helper is awesome and I enjoy working with him.

Trent from Toledo