Great interview with Mark Gregory of Perfect Pocketz

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Best, New & Improved, Super Size are just word in advertising. I have to laught when driving down the local street with all the new car dealer. Sign proclaiming biggest sale ever, or super deals this weekend, that are never taken down for redone. All advertising hype, nothing else.

I think it was an opinion. Not sure what was advertising hype.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Funny,how you think you are ENTITLED to give a review on the BEST in the business.....you are a JOKE!!!

BEST in the business implys Mark has no equal😂Mark does a great job of making Anniversary copies, but keep in mind, Mark hasn't shown actual skills in designing a Mark Gregorey original.....now has he? No matter how you shake it or bake it, a rebuilt Anniversary or a remanufactured Anniversary, it's still either a Brunswick, or a remanufactured Brunswick, but in no way shape or form is what Mark does....Mark originals. Now, what else qualifies Mark to be the BEST mechanic there is today??? Take away the replica pool tables Mark does.....and what do you have left???

PoolTable911

Silver Member
BEST in the business implys Mark has no equal😂Mark does a great job of making Anniversary copies, but keep in mind, Mark hasn't shown actual skills in designing a Mark Gregorey original.....now has he? No matter how you shake it or bake it, a rebuilt Anniversary or a remanufactured Anniversary, it's still either a Brunswick, or a remanufactured Brunswick, but in no way shape or form is what Mark does....Mark originals. Now, what else qualifies Mark to be the BEST mechanic there is today??? Take away the replica pool tables Mark does.....and what do you have left???

Oh Glenn.....Do you need your props today. You are a God among mortals. No one can be your equal or better. It was a great interview. Now let it be your holiness.:thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Oh Glenn.....Do you need your props today. You are a God among mortals. No one can be your equal or better. It was a great interview. Now let it be your holiness.:thumbup:

I'm not knocking Mark, it was a great interview....up until Mark mentioned HE came up with the cloth stretch index system, and "some guy" showed him the french fold, and HE identified the out of center pockets on Diamonds, other than that....I think Mark was right on in his interview!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I guess it would have been a little to much BS on Mark's part to say he developed the cloth glue down system to, to go along with the stretch index system HE developed, right!!

d8nk

Noah B
Bad business...

I'm five minutes into the video and had to comment. He said something like, money comes in to pay to get the last job out!! That is a terrible way to run a business. I am a contractor and the ones in my trade that work this way end up in bad places, never hit deadlines, and are always chasing Peter to pay Paul. I would say immediately red flag to hire Mark...

I am just a newbie on here, and I know there is a lot of history that's gone back and fort, but this is something I had to comment on from a business perspective.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

It's all good, we all know the truth. I don't want this thread turned into a Mark knocking thread by anyone either. If anyone has a beef with Mark, it would be me, but I just don't care. I'm retiring soon, and Mark will die working on his last table trying to pay his rent.

PoolTable911

Silver Member
I guess it would have been a little to much BS on Mark's part to say he developed the cloth glue down system to, to go along with the stretch index system HE developed, right!!

I watched the interview a couple times. I never heard him once say he developed the stretch index or French fold. Did we see the same interview?

PoolTable911

Silver Member
I'm five minutes into the video and had to comment. He said something like, money comes in to pay to get the last job out!! That is a terrible way to run a business. I am a contractor and the ones in my trade that work this way end up in bad places, never hit deadlines, and are always chasing Peter to pay Paul. I would say immediately red flag to hire Mark...

I am just a newbie on here, and I know there is a lot of history that's gone back and fort, but this is something I had to comment on from a business perspective.

As a business man myself I assure you Mark is legit. He is a perfectionist who delivers high quality products. His comment was tongue in cheek. If don't want rails from him or a high end Brunswick that is your prerogative. You are missing out in my opinion.

d8nk

Noah B
Perhaps you are right...

As a business man myself I assure you Mark is legit. He is a perfectionist who delivers high quality products. His comment was tongue in cheek. If don't want rails from him or a high end Brunswick that is your prerogative. You are missing out in my opinion.

You might be right, I just had to comment. I am not in the market any longer, but appreciate your input.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I watched the interview a couple times. I never heard him once say he developed the stretch index or French fold. Did we see the same interview?

He mentioned it when he was learning how to work with Championship cloth, that's when he came up with indexing the cloth. It don't really matter, Mark is Mark....he's the greatest😂🤣

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
What stuck out to me, was when he seemed to imply that "hand built" rails were superior to machine built (CNC?) ones.
"Diamonds are the hardest most unfriendly mechanic table there is." "Very difficult to cover, to take apart, to level."

Last edited:

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great video. A new drinking game could be ...every time he swears y'all gotta drink! The Fbomb = 3 drinks!

Last edited: