Tommie1351

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Tommie1351 passed on earlier this week. Tommie represented the best of AZB. Highly respected, very well liked, friendly, trusting and trustworthy, a genuine class act.

He loved pool, and really liked the subculture associated with custom pool cues. Through buying and selling cues Tommie became friends with many members of AZB. He had over 400 total positive feedbacks, none negative, and his top flight character shined through with his sales, trades and acquisitions.

Tommie, may Godspeed, you will be forever held in the collective memories of your friends on AZB and throughout your sphere of life.

RIP.......

Will Prout

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
As was mentioned above, Tommie was Trustworthy and more importantly he was Trusting.
Our first deal was a Trade, two of my used cues for his Brand New Snakewood / Ebony Madden.
We made the trade, then he started showing me cues from the many cases he kept by his bed.
One of them "spoke" to me, so we came to an agreement on price but I hadn't brought much cash
with me that day and was nearly 100 miles from home. So I asked if Michael could bring it to
Hard Times (Sac) the next weekend since he was playing in the 9-Ball Tournament. Remember
now, Tommie and I have just met and he "doesn't know me from a hole in the wall" but he says
"Take it with you and pay Michael next weekend". Wow, what a Trusting guy. He was able to size
me up in the couple of hours we spent talking about cues and doing our first deal and "knew" I
would make good on the deal.
I was raised in a home where a "handshake" was worth more than any contract. Tommie epitomized the word Integrity. I fear people like him are leaving us at an alarming rate, never
to be replenished in today's social structure.

Tommie, you were/are the Best of the Best. Play on, my friend.

Last edited:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

I am sorry to hear about Tommie's passing but also I am sorry that I never had the opportunity to meet him. From all that I have read about him he seemed to a great individual. My condolences to his family all his friends.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB Hall of Fame is exactly where Tommie deserves to be . Nobody on AZ had more friends or were touched by this great person . I talked to him several times a day when I was driving truck , a lonely job , but I could call Tommie after 10AM anyday and have a friend to talk to . He was not a early riser , but up very late at night . I will miss him very much .

Take care Buddy , I know your looking down on us all . Jim

BryanMordt

Cuemaker
Silver Member
DSC_8652.jpg

tmcuesales

Michael - tmcuesales.com
Silver Member
I've known Tommie for over 25 years and he was like a brother to me. This has been a very difficult week, to say the least.

But it means a lot to see so many posting their condolences and well-wishes.

It was no secret that Tommie loved pool, along with buying, selling, and trading cues. But, more importantly, he felt that this forum was like an extended "pool family" that watches out for and supports each other.

I know Tommie valued the many friendships and good memories that he had made throughout his years on AzBilliards.

We'll miss you, Tommie.

Rest in peace & Godspeed.

Michael Langarica

DirtyIrish

Not even close to the OGs
Silver Member
God in Heaven has a great Scotch Double Partner now.

Ow every time I see a note on Tommie I cannot help but think of those phone calls late night/early morning where we would talk about everything from our meds and the Dr's that made us take them,to the hit of a "Bowling Alley" cue!
God I miss those talks.
We were Brothers in kind we would talk all the time about when "back in the day" how we used to shoot pool.
Can't talk to much now
Keep a tight rack for me Tommie we miss you
John Baker