More Pros Using Revo Shafts?

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just get a plain maple shaft, paint black or dark gray, then pretend it's a Revo. It'll up your game 2 nuts!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its easy...Revos are manufactured in China now and their market is not saturated for the time being while China is the main market for Predator. So Predator China "eats" almost whole production of Revos while sending few sticks to Europe here and there. Nothing else to it...i got my Revo from China as well :D
According to Predator the Revo(shaft) is manufactured at a plant in Boston, Ma. This info came direct from Predator. He also said that they WAAAAAAY under-estimated demand and are in the process of expanding the facility. https://www.predatorcues.com/technology/revo-technology/

Last edited:

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo has been “out of stock”at Syberts for almost a year now. What the deal with that.?
Maybe you need to be a pro to get one.

The Revo shafts haven't exactly been out of stock for a year. You have to have your name on the list for a shaft. When shafts come in the people on top of the list are contacted & have 24 hours to buy or decline.

Nielsen's Billiards is doing the same or very similar.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes..thats what Predator officials are supposed to say ;)
You have information to prove otherwise? Or are you just guessing and assuming your guess is fact? Who told you that they are made in China? Anybody?

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have information to prove otherwise? Or are you just guessing and assuming your guess is fact? Who told you that they are made in China? Anybody?

My information comes from my chinese bussiness friend through which I got my Revo when it was totally unavailable in Europe and USA and I started to look for more options in that situation. I am not saying 100% it is true as it wont be definitely confirmed by any Predator official BUT given the fact that there was no problem to choose which diameter of Revo I wanted (both 12.4 and 12.9/both uniloc and radial were available) at Predator China (getting it to Europe was different task altogether :eek::grin-square:) I am leaning towards the explanation I recieved from my friend as it seems more logical given the availability of Revo in China ;) In the end it doesnt matter to me where Revos are produced as long as they play the way they play, the main issue is where they are actually available.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My information comes from my chinese bussiness friend through which I got my Revo when it was totally unavailable in Europe and USA and I started to look for more options in that situation. I am not saying 100% it is true as it wont be definitely confirmed by any Predator official BUT given the fact that there was no problem to choose which diameter of Revo I wanted (both 12.4 and 12.9/both uniloc and radial were available) at Predator China (getting it to Europe was different task altogether :eek::grin-square:) I am leaning towards the explanation I recieved from my friend as it seems more logical given the availability of Revo in China ;)
So basically you don't really know. I'm really not down with calling the guy at Predator a liar.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So basically you don't really know. I'm really not down with calling the guy at Predator a liar.

Well my experience with the credibility of the information from Predator is mixed so to speak, I personally recieved the info about unavailability of Revos upon my inquiry from Predator official fb site while Revos being actually available in China at the same time. Bit confusing to be honest....on the other hand I am not saying that your info is actually incorrect, I will try to get more info from my friend about this, you got me curious ;) I will relay here whatever info I get about Revo production :)

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well my experience with the credibility of the information from Predator is mixed so to speak, I personally recieved the info about unavailability of Revos upon my inquiry from Predator official fb site while Revos being actually available in China at the same time. Bit confusing to be honest....on the other hand I am not saying that your info is actually incorrect, I will try to get more info from my friend about this, you got me curious ;) I will relay here whatever info I get about Revo production :)
Wow. Are you a lawyer? That's some serious tap-dancing right there.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Are you a lawyer? That's some serious tap-dancing right there.

Tap-dancing? Why do you think so? I stated 2 FACTS which I can easily prove:
1) I got a reply from Predator official fb site that Revo shafts were not available at that moment of time.
2) My friend was then able to buy Revo 12.9 with radial pin upon checking the availability at Predator China when I told him about the reply I got from Predator official fb site.
Where is the tap-dancing in that? When I get an information from a corporation which is then proven not to be exactly 100% true then what? Should I remain silent about this should a discussion about this company arise? Given these facts (because these are facts) what would YOU think?
Thats said I am EXTREMELY happy with Revo, it is outstanding product ;)

Edit: I have re-read your answer - maybe I understood your answer in a wrong way - if you meant that I actually chose my words carefully then it is true, one cant be sure of anything in this world :)

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I suppose an osmium pad could work for that. :eek:

LOL! Let me clarify:

I’m happiest at an 8-10” pivot point. Not low, but maybe medium squirt. Maybe Predator will make me one.

Freddie <~~~ needs a Cornerman Revo MD shaft

MrSharp

Registered
Revo has been “out of stock”at Syberts for almost a year now. What the deal with that.?
Maybe you need to be a pro to get one.

Sign up for the email notice, if you get the notice email you go on and order, create an account, they have been in stock but went fast by people on the notification list, I bought an Bk Rush from them like that and early this summer bought a Revo 12.9 after getting notification.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap-dancing? Why do you think so? I stated 2 FACTS which I can easily prove:
1) I got a reply from Predator official fb site that Revo shafts were not available at that moment of time.
2) My friend was then able to buy Revo 12.9 with radial pin upon checking the availability at Predator China when I told him about the reply I got from Predator official fb site.
Where is the tap-dancing in that? When I get an information from a corporation which is then proven not to be exactly 100% true then what? Should I remain silent about this should a discussion about this company arise? Given these facts (because these are facts) what would YOU think?
Thats said I am EXTREMELY happy with Revo, it is outstanding product ;)

Edit: I have re-read your answer - maybe I understood your answer in a wrong way - if you meant that I actually chose my words carefully then it is true, one cant be sure of anything in this world :)
No, i meant what i said. In your first response you said Revo's are made in China. I asked if you had proof and you had none. I had someone from Predator tell me (via a FB message) that the Revo shafts(not the butt) are made in Boston. I never said a word about availability just where they're made. Now its very possible that they either will(or already have) built an assembly facility in Asia to keep up with demand. All i can go by is what the Predator rep. told me. It is a nice product. I think they're killing people on the price but that's their business.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, i meant what i said. In your first response you said Revo's are made in China. I asked if you had proof and you had none. I had someone from Predator tell me (via a FB message) that the Revo shafts(not the butt) are made in Boston. I never said a word about availability just where they're made. Now its very possible that they either will(or already have) built an assembly facility in Asia to keep up with demand. All i can go by is what the Predator rep. told me. It is a nice product. I think they're killing people on the price but that's their business.

No argument here ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No argument here ;)
I sent Predator another message. Their response(2pm on 7-17): " All Revo shafts are made in our facility outside Boston, Ma., under the guidance of the chief engineer. No shafts OR components come from outside the USA." Not trying to knock Chinese-made products in any way, just getting to basis of where the Revo's are built.

Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent Predator another message. Their response(2pm on 7-17): " All Revo shafts are made in our facility outside Boston, Ma., under the guidance of the chief engineer. No shafts OR components come from outside the USA." Not trying to knock Chinese-made products in any way, just getting to basis of where the Revo's are built.

Well since my friend wasnt able to provide any further info about said Revo production in China I asume that such info was just a gossip I fell for. Therefore I apologize for my previous statements towards Predator and its Revo production location. What i dont apologize for is my opinion about Predator providing not 100% accurate info about Revo availability. ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well since my friend wasnt able to provide any further info about said Revo production in China I asume that such info was just a gossip I fell for. Therefore I apologize for my previous statements towards Predator and its Revo production location. What i dont apologize for is my opinion about Predator providing not 100% accurate info about Revo availability. ;)
My last on this. As for availability, after they've shipped shafts to various distributors/retailers, is Predator privvy to what is on-hand at every location? Personally i seriously doubt it. Say they shipped 100 shafts to retailer A and they sell them all quick. How is Predator to know what they've sold? Until the retailer/dist. orders more they won't. I'm done here. Glad you like the Revo.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dare I say it, but 'Cuetec' is making an all black shaft now too. I just saw a YouTube match between SVB and Thorpe where SVB was using it. Not sure if it's a competitor of the Revo and I'm certainly not suggesting other players are playing with a Cuetec shaft, just an observation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk